The Interview

30 Days

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MSXgChRe1kg - XOXO by EXO K

 

Flashes of camera, bright lights, laughters, and claps filled the whole studio as the boys comfortably work out their poses for this photoshoot.

 

“Shoot’s over boys. Go ahead and change back to your clothes. We’ll start with the interview in a while.” One of the staff called out.

 

They all ran to the dressing room to change immediately while you stayed on the couch waiting for the next part of the ‘show’.  A few minutes after, Chanyeol walked out of the dressing room carrying a guitar with him. You smiled at him and patted the seat beside you.

 

“Are you still doing ok?” he asked you with concern painted on his face.

 

“Of course I am. Are you going to play the guitar on the interview?”

 

“Not really. I just wanted to do something while we’re waiting for it to start. Wait, I’ll play you something.” He put his long slender fingers on the strings of the guitar. At that moment, his face changed to a serious one. You couldn’t help but admire him and just look at his perfection as he strums the guitar in front of you. A familiar melody got you back to your senses. Chanyeol started singing to the song and you joined him with all your heart.

 

“Live high, live mighty
Live righteously takin' it easy
Live high, live mighty
Live righteously”

 

You heard claps after you and Chanyeol sang the song. Both of you didn’t notice that the rest of the members were already in the room. The two of you were lost in your own world as you sang to your favorite song in the world.

 

“Jiyeon! How did you know the song?”

 

“Why wouldn’t I know that song?”

 

“Well because among the EXO members, me and Baekhyun only know it. They’re not a percent familiar with it.”

 

“What? That’s insane! This is one of the best songs in the world for me. Actually, this is my most favorite song in the world!”

 

“Oh my gosh! We share the same sentiments! Huu. I love you Jiyeon!” Chanyeol hugged you tightly because of his happiness. Finally, he found someone who likes the same music as him. You didn’t know how much that means to this funny yet sentimental guy.

 

“Ok, break the hug now, interview’s going to start.” Minseok said.

 

“EXO M members first please.” Called out one of the staff. EXO M then sat  near the interviewer. Tao volunteered to go first.

 

“What is iness to Tao?” the interviewer asked last. Tao answered it with much confidence in himself.

 

“iness is something I am born with.” Everyone in the room was not surprised at all with this answer. You smiled and gave him a thumbs up which he returned with smile. Joonmyun even stood and gave Tao an applause like what a mother does when she’s proud of her son.

 

Next was Jongdae, you can see the troll expression on his face as he was being interviewed. But when it comes to his singing, you can really see how serious he is when it comes to it.

 

“If you were to receive a billion dollar for insurance...?”

 

“I would use it for my vocal chords. I would want to be able to sing forever.”

 

And when the question about eating with EXO came up, he again went back to his comedic side saying that the atmosphere is surely loud, crazy and uncontrollable. The rest of the members agreed to this without any doubts.

 

Yixing’s interview went out to be funny as expected by most people there. The questions were quite serious but he managed to make the atmosphere bright even with his seriousness too. Even if he does look manly enough, you can’t help but find him too adorable.

 

“Rate Lay’s aegyo.”

 

“Zero. I will be very manly.” Despite this serious answer, everyone in the room can’t deny the fact that that is not true. He has that talent to look cute even if he doesn’t want to or if he’s not even acting to be one.

 

In that interview also, you get to know why he asked you if you have some cola before eating the chicken. He can’t eat without soft drinks, a fact you need to remember about Zhang Yixing.

 

Kris ended his interview by giving everyone in the room a mouthful of laughter because of his last statement when asked to talk about the members.

 

“ And Chanyeol, thanks for the chicken!” Chanyeol stood up and declared his love for Kris.

 

“I love you Kris hyung!” he spread his arms in front and everyone roared in laughter for this sudden confession. Kris gave Chanyeol a thumbs up which made everything seem funnier.

 

Luhan’s answer on ‘why he’ll make a good boyfriend’ made you want to give him a mirror.

 

“Personality is good. I’m a good protector, whenever, wherever. Good looking. Of course that last one is a joke.”

 

“Come on Luhan, that’s not a joke for goodness sake. Your face could launch a thousand or even a million ships for sure.” You realized that you gave your comment out loud when you noticed that everyone was looking at you with an 'I agree' look.

 

“Thank you Jiyeon.” You can see his embarrassed face and you can’t help but blush secretly too.

 

Last for EXO M was Minseok. The question that caught your attention the most was about the proposal.

 

“To the countless girls sitting in the concert venue, I will shout “We are one, unable to be separated. I love you!”

 

“How I wish I’ll be one of those girls. But that will never happen.” You thought to yourself. Chanyeol noticed your sudden change of mood.

 

“Hey, are you ok?”

 

“Yeah I’m fine.” You gave him an assuring smile, but you felt that he didn’t buy it and that he was still worried.

 

“EXO K now please.” A staff called. Chanyeol patted you on the back and that lifted your mood at least.

 

Sehun volunteered to be the first. If Minseok’s answer to the proposal question made you gloomy, his answer made your heart flutter because that was exactly how you want your dream proposal to be.

 

“On a day where the sun is setting on a quiet beach while we’re playing with firecrackers, I will hold your hand and say ‘Without you, I don’t think I can make it. I’ll love you until the end.’”

 

It did make your hands and toes curl. You can’t believe that this magnae has that sense of extreme sweetness in him. Oh, the luck that girl must have, whoever she is.

 

Jongin was up next. If Luhan made you want to kick him because of his humility, Jongin made you want to hug him because of his confidence.

 

“Introduce EXO in 10 words.”

 

“The twelve most handsome flower boys in all of outer space.” Everyone in the room applauded in agreement. The staff and crew gave Jongin thumbs up because of his awesome answer.

 

Chanyeol was supposed to be the next one but Kyungsoo asked if he could go ahead first. And so he did.

 

“How would you propose?”

 

“The location and words aren’t important. Just your feelings. “Can I be your boyfriend?”

 

You almost lost your mind was when he said the last statement in English. You can’t deny the fact that his voice sounds way ier when he speaks in English. It’s so addicting. You’re fanning yourself already just to calm yourself down. The rest of the EXO members who saw your reaction can’t help but laugh secretly at you.

 

Baekhyun asked to be the next one after Kyungsoo. You thought that all the Joonmyun-talk has stopped but you were wrong.

 

“If you were to introduce a member to a younger female relative, who would it be and why?”

 

“Mature, smart, all-around excellent Suho hyung.” you asked for an explanation as to why almost all the members have talked about Joonmyun at least once during their individual interview.

 

On Joonmyun’s interview, you got the answer to that question of yours.

 

“If 1 million won fell from the sky....?”

 

“Of course, I would buy the members something. Kids, tell me what. Beef? Sushi?” Knowing EXO K's leader, you’re sure that something did happen before that interview day.

 

“Joonmyun did treat you before today, right?” you asked the members near you. And they all nodded in positive response.

 

“I knew it. Haha. Cute cute Joonmyun.”

 

Chanyeol did the interview last. You can’t help but admire him even more everytime he gets serious.

 

“The ideal type that makes your heart flutter?”

 

“A person with a big smile and who has the same taste in music as me. If she said something like, ‘I also like this song’ to me, my heart would beat faster.”

As you listen intently to his answers, you felt plenty of eyes look in your direction making you feel a bit uncomfortable.

 

Chanyeol doesn’t have to say the name of this girl he is describing. The EXO members are fully aware that she is sitting right there inside the studio, looking lost and uncomfortable with their gazes.