Get the Party Started

30 Days

“Me? Why?” you asked. Minseok answered with a question, “why not?” and you stopped with that. Meeting his family was beyond what you’ve imagined and yet it’s going to happen. You just can’t wait, that’s all you know.

 

“Thanks for taking me to the mall today. It’s been a while since I last entered one and shopped,” you gave him a satisfied smile as a reply.

 

“I’ll see you tomorrow then,” he leaned closer and kissed you on the forehead. You weren’t able to utter a word as he walked away. You were left standing at your doorstep thinking about what just happened, “he kissed me”.

 

-----

 

D-9

 

“Hurry up everyone! We don’t want to be late,” Joonmyun ordered. The dorm was more than busy than the usual. And it’s not because they were off to a schedule but because they have a birthday party to attend to.

 

“Zitao, what kind of style is that? Remove that cap. It doesn’t suit your suit,” Kris convincing Tao that his fashion that day was awful, “but I really want to wear the cap Jiyeon bought for me.” Kris took it from his head and said, “you can wear that some other time, not today.”

 

“Is everyone here already?” Joonmyun asked while doing a headcount of s.

 

“”Minseok is still upstairs. He’s on the phone,” Luhan said.

 

“Tell him that he’ll be talking to Jiyeon later. They better hung up now.”

 

“Oh that’s not Jiyeon he’s talking to,” Minseok went out of his room after what Luhan said.

 

“You guys go ahead first. I just have to go somewhere. It’s going to be fast so don’t worry. I’ll be there before the party starts,” and he left off before everyone else.

 

“He said 'let’s go',” and the rest went off to your place.

 

While the 11 handsome boys went off to your dad's party, Minseok on the other hand went to the bar where his soccer friends told him to meet them. He can’t say no to the invite because one of their mates who’ve been abroad for a decade finally had the chance to visit Korea. He didn’t want to miss that opportunity or else he would have to wait another decade to see his good old friend.

 

“There’s our star!” one of the men shouted. Friend A escorted Minseok to his seat. He was caught off guard. The meeting he thought was just going to be brief turned out to be an all-night-long party prepared by his group of friends.

 

After seeing how his friends are all starting to get drunk, he confidently got up his seat despite feeling a little tipsy and tried to escape.

 

“Hey hey hey! Where are you going?” Friend B asked. “Oh. I was just going to – ,” but before he could finish his sentence, Friend C got hold of his phone and pulled him back to his seat. “Oh no Minseok-ie, you’re not going anywhere.” Minseok tried to get his phone back but he failed.

 

His friend checked the phone and saw a girl’s name on the screen. They all wanted to know how Minseok got a girl and so together they forced him to tell them the story.  In the end, to shut them all up, he started explaining to them everything from the very beginning.

 

-----

 

“Where the heck is that half of 50 hyung? He said he’ll be here before the party starts.”

 

“Relax Chanyeol. He might just be stuck in traffic or something. Didn’t he say where he was going?” the question you asked was directed to all the EXO members around you. Out of the 11 of them, no one knew where you went, not even Luhan.

 

Hours have passed and still no news on Minseok. Instead of enjoying the party, everyone was getting worried about him.

 

“I’m getting pretty worried already. I think I should call him,” but before you could press his number, his name already appeared on your screen. “He’s calling,” you blurted. And everyone gathered around you in an instant – including your family.

 

The noise in the background was making your ears hurt but you can clearly hear Minseok’s voice despite it. Everyone listened attentively too as you put your phone on speaker, for they too are worried about him.

 

Expecting that he was asking for help, the next words he said tore everything inside you.

 

“I didn’t want to do it in the first place. I didn’t want to do it all. Ask me for anything except that. But our managers still insisted on that wish saying that it’s the best one for me. Then they asked me what I wanted just so I’ll do it. I told them something that I know is nearly impossible to happen. But guess what, they managed to accept it and said that it was a deal. I had no choice anymore but to say ‘yes’. Obviously, everything was just an act. If she believed any of it, I don’t know anymore…..”

 

That was your tipping point. You can’t listen anymore to what he was telling those people. You’ve heard enough and so did EXO and your family. You wanted to burst into tears because of the hurtful words he said but the angry faces of the people around you made you not want to feel weak in front of them. You knew that something bad is going to happen after it. And by the looks of it, it’s not going to end that easily. 

 

 

Double update! Ahihihi. :D Hope you liked this chapter and so will the next one. :D Thank you for continuously reading and supporting this fic.