A Surprise Visit

30 Days

 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1JO-d5EkgDY - Heart Attack by One Direction

 

 

D-27

 

 

*ding dong ding dong*

 

*did my parents or Subin ordered something? I can’t remember any reminder from them regarding such.* you thought as you headed towards your front door.

 

“Oh! Mins-, I mean Xiumin! Why are you here? Did I forget something from your practice room?” say hello to your morning surprise.

 

“Nope. You forgot nothing from last night. But you probably forgot that I’ll be with you in the next 30 days. Oh, I mean 27 days.”

 

“Oh. Yeah. So it’s everyday huh.”

 

“It is.” *unfortunately.* Minseok said in his thought.

 

“Sorry I don’t know wbat we can do today. I didn’t expect you’ll come.”

 

“Where are your DVDs? Shall we watch a movie instead? I haven’t seen one for quite some time now.”

 

“Ah, yes movies. Well, I don’t know exactly where the DVDs are for I haven’t been in this house for like years. But I have one upstairs. Do you want me to get it?”

 

“Yeah, go ahead. Anything.” Minseok said as he flipped through the channels on your TV.

 

-----

 

You put the disc inside the player and sat on the couch with Minseok. You can see the anticipation on his face. You just hope he’ll like it just as much as you do.

 

“What’s this movie we are going to watch?”

 

“It’s Werewolf Boy. Have you heard of it before?”

 

“Not that I can remember. No. It seems interesting.” He smiled at you and you swear it almost got you to fall on the couch.

 

-----

 

“It’s a cheesy romantic flick! I thought it’s action or something sci-fi related.”

 

“Don’t you like such flicks?” you pouted after hearing his comment. You can feel that your day with Minseok is nearly going to end.

 

“No.” he looked at you and he thought that maybe he could try appreciating it at the last, for respect.

 

“But I’ll give it a try. Who knows, my impression might change in the middle.” You felt hopeful with his words.

 

“Thanks.” You muttered to while trying to keep the giddy-ness you felt inside.

 

Halfway through the movie, you see a head bobbing up and down, side to side. Beside is Minseok trying to fight his sleepiness away.

 

“Hey, Xiumin! You might fall off the couch anytime soon.”

 

“Huh? What? Oh! Is the movie about to end?”

 

“Go back to your dorm and rest.”

 

“Huh? Why? Don’t you want me here anymore?”

 

“Your health is more important to me than my own satisfaction, so go.”

 

“But—“

 

“No buts. You’ve been tired from the practice yesterday. Then you didn’t have enough rest because you have to go here. I understand.”

 

“I did have enough rest, really.”

 

“Don’t lie to me. It’s ok, really. Come on, get up, leave and take a rest back at your dorm, got it?”

 

“Well, if you insist.”

 

“I deeply insist.”

 

“Thanks.”

 

“Don’t mention it. Go ahead. Take care, ok.” Minseok looked at you with caring eyes. He did want to leave but a part of him doesn’t want to leave you alone at your house. He didn’t know what to follow. But since you insisted, he followed you. Besides, he’s been assigned to grant your wishes anyway.

 

You just closed your front door when you received another visit. But this time it isn’t from someone. It’s from your heart disease. You can feel your chest throb in pain. You turned off your DVD player and TV and headed up to your room. You planned on just sleeping away the pain and luckily you dozed off right away after drinking your medicine. It’s been a while since you last had a heart attack.