The Last TIme

30 Days

“…I won’t leave Jiyeon, for the sole reason that I’m already in love with you.” Not seeing your reaction, Minseok was feeling more nervous than before after confessing his love. His heart didn’t stop from beating faster than its normal speed. He did not picture it to be that way, drenched in rain and shivering from coldness. He imagined it having a fun and happy atmosphere at your dad’s party. Him taking you outside your house for a little while and bringing out a gift that he secretly bought for you back at the mall. I was the necklace which was actually sitting in his pocket at that moment.

 

He was dreading, at the same time eagerly waiting for the moment you turn around and hoping that you give him a smile after what he just said. You did turn around with tears continuously falling from your eyes like waterfalls. But instead of a smile, you shot him a furious look and answered back.

 

“You’re in love with me? You’re expecting me to believe that after everything? You’re probably thinking that I’m very stupid huh? Well yeah I’ve been stupid, stupid enough to fall for your sweet and romantic acts over the past days. And that was a mistake, a mistake I never want to make again….” Minseok started walking back to you as you do your speech.

 

“…I’m already suffering from a heart disease. My heart can’t handle anymore heart breaks. I’ve had enough, more than enough of it already. I thought I’ll only feel happiness but instead I became more vulnerable to pain. If I knew that this whole deal thing was a huge mistake from the very beginning, I would not have accepted it at all.” You only realized that Minseok was already right in front of you after you have finished talking.

 

“If being with you during the past days was a big mistake, as you’ve said, then I’m willing to redo everything until I can make you think otherwise.”

 

“But you’re the one who didn’t want this in the first place.”

 

“Yes I was, because I was a jerk who only know how to throw away opportunities. But because of you, I’ve changed. And I won’t let another day of not being with you slip away just like I did before. Not ever, Jiyeon.” Minseok hugged you back again into his arms and this time it’s tighter. You couldn’t take anymore all the different emotions building up inside you. And no matter how much you wanted to break yourself free again, your body wasn’t cooperating. You grew weaker the longer you cried in his arms, until you couldn’t feel yourself anymore.

 

D-5

You woke up and you’re once again back to the bed you slept on the past few days. Everything was the same, except for someone’s head sleeping on your bed. His hand was on yours and as you’ve observed the area near his face, it seemed like he cried nonstop during the night. You can still see the dry traces of tears that had fallen from his round face. He opened his eyes all of a sudden and you were caught off guard staring at him. Your eyes met and you knew it was going to be a choice between an awkward silence or a battle of reasonable excuses. You were relieved when your family and Junho walked in your room.

“Good morning you two!” Subin greeted excitedly. You were pretty surprised to see your parents calm upon seeing Minseok in your room. Only Junho wasn’t at ease seeing him. You can see it clearly in his eyes.

“I have some good news for you. You’re doing better now as compared to during the past days. And with that, you’re discharged and can go back to your home,” it seemed like everyone, except for you, knew about the news beforehand because their expressions were already lit up.

“But..” Junho continued. With that, your family’s and Minseok’s expressions suddenly changed. “But it will be better for Jiyeon if she could stay for a few days somewhere with fresh air.” Your family looked at each other. They don’t know a place for they’ve lived in the city ever since.

“I know a place.” Minseok said. Everyone turned to look at him waiting for him to continue. “Our province is known to have the freshest air in the whole South Korea. I’d be more than happy to bring Jiyeon there for a few days maybe if that’s fine with everyone.”

“Yes! We’re more than fine with it. Right mom, dad?” Subin answered right away. Your parents agreed without hesitating. “Jiyeon?” Minseok turned to you and asked. Subin and your parents insisted that you agree to go. You couldn’t help but follow them and so you said, “Ok. I’ll go with you to your province.” And that was the last time you’ve ever been in a hospital.

At that same day, during the afternoon, Minseok went to your house to pick you up. But he wasn’t alone, “Jiyeon!” The other EXO members had come to see you before the trip. They and your family seemed to be more excited than you are. They walked with you up to the driveway. You noticed a car parked in front of your house. Knowing that it wasn’t your family’s, you looked at Minseok curiously. “You’re driving?” You asked.

 

“Yeah. But the car’s not mine of course. Our manager let me borrow his for this trip.”

 

“Oh no Jiyeon, he stole that from a junkshop,” Luhan said jokingly. “Shut up Luhan!” Minseok playfully punched his best friend’s arm.

 

“This is great! Thank you so much Minseok.”

 

“My pleasure Mrs. Kang.” You saw the EXO members shoot naughty looks at each other. They just smiled at you when they realized you’ve noticed them.

 

“You kids have a safe trip. Enjoy the fresh air.”

 

“Thanks dad.”

 

“Thanks Mr. Kang.”

 

“We’ll see you when you come back! Don’t forget to bring us some treats,” Subin reminded the two of you. And of course, EXO backed her up when talking about the treats.

 

Minseok opened the passenger’s side door for you and you gave him a smile as a way of saying ‘thanks’. He went to the driver’s side and started the engine. Everyone waved at the two of you as Minseok started to hit the pedals of the car.

 

 

I decided to post this update now since I'll be probably out the whole day. I don't know if I'll be able to go online when I get home, so yeah. I hope you liked this chapter. Thank you so much for reading. :))