Decision Making

30 Days

 

All 12 EXO members and their managers gathered up in the meeting room of SM Entertainment. It’s the time of the month again that they’ll choose the lucky fan who will have his or her wish granted by an EXO member, and this time it’s Minseok’s turn.

 

“Whoa! Look at all these emails. Man, your fans are increasing immensely.” Chanyeol said leaving his jaw drop because of the number.

 

“Good luck bro on choosing. I can feel this is going to be a tough one.” Luhan said while patting Minseok’s back.

 

“OK guys, you know the drill. You have an hour to choose one each. You know where to start. Me and the rest of your managers will be back when the time is up. Choose wisely.” Their manager Tak Youngjun said and all the EXO managers went out of the meeting room leaving the 12 members facing their own gadgets.

 

“I have nothing against this fan service we’re doing but going through all these emails every month and trying to choose one that we can agree to be the best is really very tiring and devastating.”

 

“I have to agree with you there Baek. If only we could do all these.”

 

“You did not just wish for the Jongdae. Actually, most of them are quite similar to one another. ‘I wish I can have a dinner with oppa. I wish I can see oppa play any instrument. I wish oppa can say my name and give me an autograph’ etcetera, etcetera.”

 

“I can say the same Luhan. But I’m still hoping there is something different among these pool of emails. Just to be different, you know.”

 

“Hey Kris, I think you’re wish has just been granted. You guys look at this email.”

 

“Read it for us Kyungsoo. Read it please.” Sehun cutely said leaving Kyungsoo with no choice but do the magnae’s request. He cleared his throat and started reading the email.

 

Dear Xiumin of EXO-M,

 

Hi! I’m Kang Subin from Seoul. I’m writing not for myself but for someone very special and dear to my heart, my best friend. Her name is Kang Jiyeon. Just a few minutes ago her doctor went to our house to give us a very shocking and heartbreaking news, far from what we’ve expected for the past year. She has been suffering from a heart disease since our teenage years and has been diagnosed just today with a terminal illness. She only has 30 days left to live starting the day after tomorrow. Fortunately or unfortunately, I don’t know what to call it anymore, she’ll be celebrating her 21st birthday tomorrow. I wanted to give her the best birthday gift a best friend can ever give but until now I don’t know what it will be.

 

She’s been a fan of EXO since debut. And you, Xiumin, captured her heart right away. Maybe, just maybe, you can spend these last 30 days with her. My luck is probably the worst in the world but I’m giving this a shot anyway because I really wanted her to be happy and live her remaining days to the fullest. I’m crossing my fingers for you to read this. Please please let the sun, moon, stars and the whole universe be on my side right now. I really want this for her. I hope, I really really hope, you could consider granting this wish – this first and last wish for my best friend.  Thank you and more power to EXO!

 

Sincerely yours,

Kang Subin”

 

Little teardrops fell from Tao’s eyes. Other members were sniffing and suddenly the mood in the room became heavy. Minutes has passed and no one was still initiating to talk. Everyone was deeply touched except for one unexpected person.

 

“I’m not going to do it. Let’s read the other emails. Come on guys, we only have less than an hour to pick one each.”

 

“Minseok hyung.” Sehun looked at Minseok questioningly.

 

“NO! Anything but that.”

 

The 11 EXO members can’t believe what they’re hearing from the oldest member. Minseok is one of the nicest members when it comes to fans. He may not be that sweet but he can really do some fan service. But that afternoon, a different Minseok shocked their world.