Dead and Gone

30 Days

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJPvIdgsajs - Love by Yiruma

Hey hey hey, so how do you guys find the comeabck stages so far? :D All I can say is that, I'm proud of our boys. 

Thanks so much for continuously reading this fic. :) Don't be shy to comment. They're very much appreciated. Thanks for the subs and votes too. <3 Hope you'll enjoy this chapter. :D Thanks!

 

D-23

You were woken up by the bright sun outside your window. This has never happened to you before because you always wake up early. It was already afternoon when you got up from your bed. That’s how long you’ve slept. You went downstairs only to see a man sitting on the couch at your living room and watching some ridiculous cartoon.

 

“How long have you been here, Xiumin?”

 

“Finally, you’re awake! I thought your bed ate you up already. Too tired huh?”

 

“You didn’t answer my question. How long have you been here?”

 

“Long enough to have bid goodbye to your parents and Subin.They also asked me to give you this.” He handed you a piece of paper. Without thinking, you already know that it was your mother’s handwriting.

 

“Don’t worry, I didn’t read that. But if you want to read it aloud for me to hear then I wouldn’t mind at all.”

 

 “I think I’ll just read it in private, thank you.” You went to the kitchen to read the letter of your mother.

 

Jiyeon,

 

We were supposed to tell you this last night but we didn’t want to ruin your mood so we thought we’ll just say it this morning. But then we went to your room and saw you still sleeping soundly when it’s already 10 in the morning. That’s why we ended up writing anyway.

 

Me and your father will be gone for 2 days. We have a business trip in Hong Kong. Don’t worry we’ll bring you home something. Subin will also be gone for 2 days. They’ll be doing their group project on the site itself. So that means you’ll be alone for the next 2 days.

 

We have food in the refrigerator. Just cook whatever you like. Make sure to lock the doors in the house before going to sleep. If you need anything just call.

 

Oh and one more thing, don’t let Minseok stay there until the evening ok. You know what I mean Jiyeon.

 

Take care of yourself sweetie. Will be back before you know it. Don’t miss us too much. I love you.

 

xoxo,

Mom

 

You’re going to live independently for 2 days. You’re so enthralled by this news. You’ve always wanted to try living alone. Not because you don’t want your family around but because you just wanted to experience the feeling of being able to attend to your own needs without the help from others.

 

You were about to return to the living room when you noticed 2 boxes of pizza on your kitchen counter.

 

“Xiumin!” he suddenly remembered the pizzas and headed to the kitchen to serve it.

 

“Oops. I almost forgot these because you woke up so late! Haha.”

 

“Why did you bring pizzas?”

 

“Because we’re going to celebrate! You weren’t able to come to our victory party yesterday because you left right after the game. So I thought we’ll celebrate here together instead. You’re the reason anyway why our team won.” You eyed Minseok with curiosity. You noticed that he looked kind of nervous and you laughed inside because of that. You wanted to be mean and ask him about what he said but you’re stomach says otherwise.

 

“Ok, I won’t ask you anymore what you meant by those things you’ve said. I’m hungry and that’s what matters to me the most now. Can I get a slice now?” you saw Minseok giving a big sigh of relief.

 

“Of course. Go ahead.” The two of you each grabbed a slice and went back to the living room bringing along the pizza boxes with you. It’s going to be a long day, you can sense it.

 

“Hey Jiyeon, can I ask you a question?”

 

“Uhmm, didn’t you already asked me a question with that question?”

 

“Oh. I mean, you know a different question.”

 

“Sure. Go ahead.”

 

“What did you feel when you knew what Subin did for you? I mean this wish thing. “

 

“Of course I felt so happy. No, not happy. I felt beyond grateful. I felt lucky. I felt amazing. I felt all the positive feelings in the world you could think of. What I felt was beyond words can explain. I didn’t expect she’ll do that extreme for me.”

 

“The two of you must be very close.”

 

“You have no idea how close we are. We’re practically like sisters or even twins.”

 

“Wait, you’re not sisters? But I thought, since you have the same surname and you live in the same house….?”

 

“Well, we’re sisters by law. But we’re not sisters by birth.” You can see the confused look on Minseok’s face so you decided to tell him the story of you and Subin.

 

-----

 

“Look at those two. They’re exactly like us.” Subin’s mom said.

 

“I know. I believe they’re going to be the best of friends forever.” You mom said.

 

“I can’t agree more.”

 

It was your 9th birthday celebration and there were a lot of guests at your party. It was the biggest one yet. Presents here and there, greetings everywhere. You are too overwhelmed by the event prepared for you. This is probably your most memorable one.

 

Subin’s parents gave you a guitar because they know you like music. Subin also told them about you wanting one. The Lee’s are like a family to you already. When you’re parents are gone, they’re the ones who take care of you. The same goes for Subin. The Kang’s are like a family to her too. When her parents are not around, your family is the one who takes care of her. It’s like you couldn’t live without the other.

 

1 year after

 

“Hello Subin. Me and your dad are on our way to pick you and Jiyeon there in school. Wait for us ok. We’ll be going to the zoo.”

 

“Really mom? Yehey! Jiyeon hasn’t been there. Ok, we will be waiting for you. Take care. I love you.”

 

“We will, and oh Subin I -----“

 

*BEEEEPPPP* *BOOOGSH* *CRASH*

 

“Mom? Mom? What happened? Mom? Hello! Mom! Dad!”

 

*toot toot toot toot*

 

“Subin, what happened? Subin where are you going?” Subin ran as fast as she can without knowing where to go. She needed to see her parents right at that moment. She knows something bad happened and she can’t just stand there waiting for a confirmation. You were running out of breathe for running after her. Thank God she bumped onto a woman. That’s when she stopped and cried. You went to her immediately and hugged her tightly into your arms. You got a call from your parents asking where you are for they will pick you and Subin up right away. They arrived around a few minutes after. The 4 of you directly went to a hospital.

 

The doctors informed the bad news to the four of you who were there. Subin’s parents were found to be dead at the site of the car accident.

 

-----

 

“Subin lived with us after her parents’ death. She has no other relatives anymore who could keep her. We don’t want any orphanage to get her from us of course. So my family and I decided to adopt her instead. That’s when her surname became a Kang.” you didn’t hear any response after you told the story. You looked to your side and found a Baozi sleeping already on the couch. You shook your head in disbelief. You looked at him closely and smiled.

 

“I should’ve expected that you’ll fall asleep. I’m a bad storyteller, aren’t I? Haha.” You fixed his sleeping position on the couch and got some spare pillow and blanket for him to use. You put the pillow under his head and spread the blanket over his body. You cleaned the table and turned off the TV. You also made sure that all the windows and the front and back doors are locked. Before heading upstairs to your room, you had one final look at the sleeping man. You removed some of the hair blocking his handsome face.

 

“Well I guess you can’t hear anymore what I’m going to say but I’ll say it anyway. Sleep tight my Minseok. I love you.”