Under the Night Sky

30 Days

Tao kept on spanking Sehun lightly because of too much happiness. He still can’t believe that they won, despite his cowardness. Sehun was also slightly feeling happy about it because he could finally buy new pair of shoes, thanks to the gift checks they won.

 

As the sky brings out the moon and the stars, the group was also starting to feel tired from their adventure during the day. They then decided to have their final ride –the ferris wheel. They broke into groups and pairs. Of course, the obvious pair would be Minseok and you. And because of that Luhan is alone again, and so is Subin. The two then decided to ride together instead, being left once again by their respective best friends.

 

The two Chinese members rode together – Yifan and Yixing. They have some serious talk to do about their lives and careers. The ever so mischievous Beagle Line rode together – Baekhyun, Chanyeol, and Jongdae. They are ready to pull some pranks on the others and be noisy like they always are. The leader Joonmyun is with the 2 magnaes who kept on clinging on to him for some reason he doesn’t even know. Tao and Sehun just like being around Joonmyun for the sole reason that he buys them whatever they want. Lastly, the two January brothers Jongin and Kyungsoo rode together. Their pair might actually win the award for most behaved. Jongin wouldn’t want to mess with Kyungsoo on that ride if he doesn’t want to get kicked out by force.

 

The award of being the noisiest goes to none other that the Beagle Line. They kept on screaming and singing and just being wild by themselves.

 

“Jongdae, Jongdae sing the high note,” Chanyeol commanded enthusiastically.

 

“Ahhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!” Jongdae followed, his high-pitched voice echoing in the vast.

 

“Ya, Jongdae-ya stop that! You might hurt your vocal chords too much.” Joonmyun exclaimed with concern from the next ferris wheel cart.

 

After finishing with the high notes battle, they then turned to their next agenda – the rap battle. The two vocals battle it out on who’s better at rapping. Chanyeol was of course the judge, being the main rapper of the team. It was a battle that turned to a word game. While the 1st cart was having a party on their own the 4th cart was in a no party mood at all.  

 

“Those two seem to be talking seriously,” Kyungsoo observed Yifan and Yixing from the 3rd cart.

 

“So I’ve noticed. Just look at their eyebrows.” Jongin agreed.

 

“But I get this bad feeling about whatever it is that they are conversating.”

 

“Why? Because it’s Chinese and we can’t understand it?”

 

“Nope. It’s because I’ve never seen Yixing-hyung that serious before. I didn’t know he has such side.” Kyungsoo worried about their two hyungs.

 

Yixing and Yifan are in the middle of their serious conversation, lowering their voices as much as they can so those in the other carts won’t hear. They were so into their talk that they barely noticed the chaos happening in the other carts around them. Yifan’s serious face was scary but Yixing’s was even scarier.

 

“I’ve made up my mind Yixing. I can only stay up to there.”

 

“But what about the others Yifan? How would they feel if they knew about this? Have you ever thought about them huh? Most especially Tao and Sehun.”

 

“That’s why they shouldn’t know. And I entrust to you that you wouldn’t mention a single word to any of them.”

 

“So you mean, they’ll only know it when you’re already gone?”

 

“Yeah. That’s the plan.”

 

On the 2nd cart, Tao just couldn’t stay still on his seat. He kept on moving from one spot to another trying to capture the beauty of the view from above.

 

“Huang Zitao, can you please settle yourself down on one place?” Joonmyun kept begging, but the younger doesn’t follow. No one can stop Tao when it comes to admiring beauty. Sehun, who is sitting beside Joonmyun, couldn’t help but just laugh at the two people he’s in the cart with.

 

“Hey Chanyeol-hyung, I should have sat with you guys instead. Tao is endangering mine and Joonmyun-hyung’s lives here.” Sehun shouted at the cart before them.

 

The 5th cart, where Luhan and Subin are in, has a light but slightly awkward atmosphere due to the two’s sudden pair up with each other, again. To lessen the awkward mood, Subin was the first one to talk.

 

“How are you feeling?” Knowing that Luhan is afraid of heights.

 

“I’ll be fine,” he answered. But his face seemed to be emitting a different response. And there was silence again. After a few minutes, Luhan started a new conversation.

 

“How are you feeling about Jiyeon’s final days?” The question caught Subin in a shock. Luhan also mentally slapped himself for asking such a dumb question. “But what else can I ask about?” He defended himself in his mind. All of a sudden, tears started to trinkle down her face. Luhan need no answers anymore. It was all clear to him.

 

“I wish I could be in her place instead so that he won’t get hurt,” were the only words that Subin was able to say while shedding tears under the moonlit sky. Luhan thought that it was Minseok Subin was talking about with regards to the “him”. Little did he know, it’s not him at all.

 

You and Minseok were definitely having the time of your life, “isn’t this romatic?” You asked him. The two of you were like leeches stuck with each other. Despite the spacious cart, the two of you sat on only one side and couldn’t afford to leave a single space between your two bodies.

 

“Yeah,” he answered. You looked at him and said, “let me just close my eyes for a moment.” And so you did. Minseok looked at you, delighted with the beauty in front of him.

 

“Don’t stare at me. Try closing your eyes too.” Minseok was surprised to hear that knowing that you couldn’t see what he’s doing with your eyes closed.

 

Minseok followed you nonetheless, he too closed his eyes. “Let’s just savor this moment, ok.” you finally said your purpose.

 

After a few minutes, Minseok mentioned your name, “Jiyeon.” The two of you opened your eyes at the same time and looked into each other like it was the last. Minseok finally said the three words you never thought you’d hear straight from this man whom you once thought was an impossible dream.

 

“Kang Jiyeon, I love you.” His eyes were sparkling like a thousand stars in the sky. His words were full of sincerity and his smile when he said it was like the sweetest of all the chocolates.

 

With a smile brighter than the sun forming on your face upon hearing those words, you looked at him even deeper in his eyes and told him the words you’ve been dying to tell him all along, with finally his eyes open, “I love you, Kim Minseok.”

 

-----

 

When you and Subin got home, you kept on bugging her about Luhan. “You and Luhan are getting closer. Yihee.”

 

“Shut up Jiyeon. Why wouldn’t be close when both of our best friends were together the whole time and we’re left alone?”

 

“Sorry,” but there was a smile on your face while saying it.

 

“So how do you find Luhan?”

 

“Jiyeon, what kind of question is that?”

 

“I’m just asking. Jeez.”

 

“I’m in love with someone else, remember?”

 

“I know Subin. But that person…” you stopped halfway, almost saying the hurtful words you wouldn’t even want to hear from anybody.

 

But Subin continued it for you, “doesn’t love me back. Yeah I know that perfectly well.” The mood in the living room has changed.

 

“Subin, I just want you to be happy.”

 

“I will be happy, Jiyeon. Don’t worry.”

 

“Promise?”

 

“Promise.”