My Turn to Try

30 Days

This is going to be a really short chapter. I'm sorry in advance for that. But I promise to update ASAP (hopefully tomorrow). I just have to finish something. :))) Thank you so much peeps! :D Please don't hesitate to share your thoughts. <3 And oh, let's continue praying for all the victims of Ferry Sewol. Let's also pray for their families and other loved ones. Thank you so much!

 

You turned to Subin and asked, “Why is he here?” She replied by saying, “ask him.” You felt rage run up to your blood faster than you could eat up a box of your favorite chocolates.

 

“You want me to walk up to him after what he did? You think I’m going to share this umbrella with him under that heavy pouring rain? You think I’m going to listen to his nonsense explanation and then forgive him for making me look and feel stupid? Is that what you want me to do, Subin?”

 

“Nope. But I know that’s what you wanted to do,” she answered with utmost confidence.

 

“What if I say you’re wrong?”

 

“Then that means you chose to continue lying to yourself. Can you really stand seeing him die from coldness and hunger out there because he’d been waiting to see you for days? If you can, then too bad for him because he just wasted his time for nothing.”

 

“Subin, don’t push Jiyeon if she didn’t want to go up to Minseok. This is her life, let her choose freely.”

 

“Ha! Look who’s talking now. Who are you to say that Junho, huh? You have no idea –“ Junho cut her off, “then give me an idea!” he said in a louder tone.

 

You felt the unwanted tension between the two. Without thinking, you opened the umbrella , went out in the rain and walked towards the guy who has a poor tolerance in the cold. You stopped right in front of him. He noticed that someone had covered him with an umbrella. He looked up expecting only one person. And he wasn’t disappointed.

 

“Leave before you even get sick,” you said coldly. Without uttering a word, Minseok stood and hugged you with his short yet strong arms. You can feel heat coming from his body despite his drenched clothes. It was relieving but no matter how much you wanted to hug him back, your pride doesn’t want you to lose from all the emotions building up. Your heart says you missed him but your mind says he’s a jerk you shouldn’t even come up to him in the first place.

 

You don’t know whether it was the rain or if Minseok was really crying. With all your might, you freed yourself from his arms and you succeeded. You distanced yourself a little from him before saying again one word, “leave!”

 

“Jiyeon, let me explain.”

 

“Leave, please!” you repeated with your eyes fixed on the ground.

 

“Jiyeon,”

 

“I SAID LEAVE!” you still didn’t look at him.

 

“Is that what you really want?” Minseok asked. You did not answer. Minseok took your silence as a ‘yes’ and he started walking away. As you felt his footsteps move farther from you, your tears started to fall to the ground. You were left there standing under the rain. That was it; that was the end – or so you thought.

 

Minseok stopped after a few steps. He couldn’t bear to leave just because you said so. He couldn’t stand the thought of not seeing you again once he walks away from that hospital. And in the middle of the heavy pouring rain, he made his voice much louder so that you could still hear him clearly from the distance.

 

“You know what I’ve noticed? You always tell me to leave. From the first day we’ve met up to our latest meeting which is today. And if you’ll remember, I always follow what you say. And because of my obedience, I’ve lost too many opportunities that I could have spent with you. I’m sorry Jiyeon but this time, I can’t do what you wanted me to do. I’ve made that mistake a lot of times in the past and I don’t want to do it again now. I won’t leave, even if you tell me to a million times. I won’t leave, even you push me away a thousand times. I won’t leave even if you bang a door on my face a hundred times. I won’t leave not because that’s I wanted, but because you’re the one I needed. I couldn’t stand anymore a day of not seeing or talking to you. I won’t leave Jiyeon, for the sole reason that I’m already in love with you.”