Room 626

30 Days

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2k2STMp8KGA - Soom by B2ST

 

D-18

 

“Mom, dad! Aigoo. Where are these people?” You got a bit worried when no one answered you. You then wondered where your parents might have gone since you know that it’s still early for them to leave for work.

 

You tried not to think much about it and instead headed to the kitchen. As you were preparing your breakfast, you noticed a note on top of your kitchen counter.

 

“Jiyeon,

 

Me and your mom had an emergency at work so we had to leave so early. We don’t know yet what time we will be coming home but wherever you and Minseok will be going today make sure to be back before we do. You know the rules, baby. We love you.

 

Dad”

 

You felt relieved after reading it. At least you now know where they are. You don’t actually mind being left alone at your home. You’re kind of used to it already especially that you’re not attending school at all. Subin on the other hand is almost always out during the day. But sometimes, like today, she’s out for an overnight with her classmates. You’re not jealous at all with that fact because the two of you still get to spend some bonding time every night after she goes home from school. But you can’t help that sometimes you wish that you’re still out even if it’s dark already. How you wish you can get to experience night life too, alone or with your friends, even just once before you leave the world.

 

As these thoughts swim on your mind, you started preparing to leave not the world but only your house. You can’t wait to go head-banging with the boys at the noraebang.

 

-----

 

The dorm was in total chaos as the twelve boys get busy on their last minute preparations for the surprise for you. Kyungsoo and Yixing talk about the songs they wanted to sing at the noraebang as they were preparing the food to be served. The two leaders and the two magnaes of each subgroup continued to be creative and resourceful with the party hats. Baekhyun, Jongdae, Jongin and Luhan were in charge of the program. It’s up to them how they want the surprise party to go making sure that it will be an unforgettable one for you. Chanyeol and Minseok were left with the design and buying of the birthday cake.

 

“Hyungs those smell good! Can we have some before we bring them to the noraebang?”

 

“Shut up and continue making those hats instead Sehun! We will eat them with Jiyeon.”

 

“If I know the two of you have been tasting nonstop those food. Remember to leave some!”

 

“Hey Kris, we heard you!”  The boys present at the living room laughed at what Yixing said.

 

“Guys, me and Minseok hyung will go ahead. We’ll buy cake first then we’ll go directly to the noraebang to put up the design. Make sure to be there in 30 minutes ok.”

 

“Yes Sir!” the ten boys answered in unison.

 

-----

 

Chanyeol and Minseok entered the bakeshop they first passed by. They were in awe while looking at the lovely cakes around. It was like a feast for their eyes. How they wish they could taste all those cakes someday.

 

“Hyung, what cake flavor does Jiyeon like?”

 

“I don’t know.”

 

“Eh? Why don’t you know? I assumed you must have known much about her by now.”

 

“Well you assumed wrongly my Yeollie.”

 

“How about her favorite color, do you happen to know it?”

 

“Nope. I have no idea on what her favorite color is.”

 

“Something she dislikes perhaps? So that we can cut down our choices faster.”

 

“Can’t remember anything.”

 

“Seriously hyung, you know nothing about Jiyeon?”

 

“Perhaps I’m not paying attention on those little things. I’m sorry Yeol. I actually assumed that you know more things about her than me. You’re the one who likes her anyway.”

 

“Well you assumed wrongly too hyung. But if I get the chance to spend more time with her, I’ll make sure that I’ll make the most out of it. And that by the end of the day, I know even those little and basic things about her.”

 

Minseok didn’t want to seem guilty but he can’t deny to himself that what Chanyeol said was right, and that for the past days he wasn’t paying that much attention to you. Chanyeol , who was feeling disappointed that time, made use of his instinct instead and decided to just choose a cake he believes you’ll like. He just hopes he chose the right one because it’s enough for him that he’s the only one disappointed on this day. He can’t afford to see you like that too.

 

After buying the cake, they rushed to the place right away seeing that in less than an hour you’ll be there already.

 

-----

 

You left the house a bit later than you planned to but you’re not worried at all that you’ll be the last, because you’re confident enough that EXO won’t arrive on time.

 

You arrived a few minutes after the reserved starting time.

 

“Hi. I reserved the biggest room for today.”

 

“Ah. You’re Miss Kang Jiyeon.”

 

“Yes, that’s me.”

 

“Here’s the key to room 626. Hope you’ll enjoy and have a good time.” You don’t know if it’s only you but there seems to be something about the smile of the receptionist. Your heart started to beat faster.

 

The room was located at the end of the corridor. And as you walk towards it, you suddenly felt chills in your body. You know that it’s the cold time of the year and you expected for the place to be warm at least just to balance the temperature from the outside.

 

“I should have brought a thicker jacket.” You were already in front of the room door. It’s not like the usual doors. It has a translucent glass window on the upper part which can let you see a bit of what’s going on inside. The lights were still off so you’re sure that EXO hasn’t arrived yet. But something made you jumped back a little. You saw a silhouette pass by from the inside.

 

“I think it’s better if I just wait for EXO at the lobby instead.” You thought. But you froze on where you’re standing as you hear small footsteps coming towards you. You were too afraid to move your head to the side.

 

“I’m sorry Miss, I believe I gave you the wrong key. I’m so sorry.” Your heart skipped a bit when you heard the receptionist’s voice but you were also relieved that it was a human. You were about to say something but it’s too late because she already unlocked the door for you.

 

“You may now go inside. Again, I’m so sorry for my mistake. Have fun!” she bowed down and immediately left you alone after.

 

How you badly want to close the door again and go back to the lobby instead. But you don’t want to seem scared though your insides are already shivering and wanting to scream.

 

You bravely twisted the knob to open the door. You stepped inside the room and tried to feel where the light switch is. You were about to turn it on when you felt a small hand touch yours. You removed yours right away, your eyes widen in fright and you can feel your whole body shake more than it already is. The door behind you closed and you heard the locks clicked.

 

“Seems like today will be my last day then.” You thought to yourself. You then closed your eyes as tears started to fall and waited for something dreadful to happen.