When Chanyeol Falls

30 Days

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5jVCjWKkBA - I Love You cover by Baekhyun and Chanyeol

Everybody’s packing up after the interview has ended. Chanyeol came up first to you and offered to bring you home. You declined thinking that you don’t want to bother Chanyeol or any other member anymore because you know that they were already tired. Being the understanding man that he is, Chanyeol respected your decision and just reminded you to take care on your way home. You then bid them goodbye and walked out of the studio.

 

As you were walking down the street, you heard someone shout your name. You looked back to confirm the familiar voice. Minseok was running towards you.

 

“What is it?”

 

“Wow! Who are you to decline Chanyeol’s offer huh?”

 

“I just don’t want to bother anyone of you ok. I didn’t mean to sound ungrateful.” You continued to walk without minding the man following you.

 

“Hey! So now you’re even walking away from me? Wow!” you’re trying to close your ears so as not to hear his insults.

 

“Jiyeon-ah! Don’t pretend that you can’t hear me! What? Are you deaf? Or maybe you’re a rock who has no feelings! You can’t even sense that Chanyeol likes you!” you couldn’t control yourself anymore and you stopped walking. Minseok stopped on his tracks too. You approached him with a pissed off look on your face. Then and there he knew that he went overboard with his jokes.

 

“I was just concerned about you guys, ok. If you think I don’t know or can’t sense what’s happening around me then you don’t know me well. You know what, I pity your members.”

 

“What has this got to do with the rest of EXO?”

 

“I was planning on inviting you guys for a noraebang tomorrow so that you could all just relax. But you made me change my mind because of all your insults.” You faced your back at him and started walking forward again. You felt a hand grab your right arm. His grip was not as hard as you’ve expected it to be after what you said.

 

“I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to say all those things. Well, I meant them. But they were just jokes.”

 

“Jokes are half meant, just in case you’re not aware.”

 

“I’m sorry Jiyeon. Please don’t take this out on the members as well. They’ve been dying to go to a noraebang the past weeks but we can’t afford to go there.” His eyes were pleading and you can’t help your heart soften.

 

“I’ll see you guys tomorrow at the noraebang near your dorm. I’ll have it reserved by the time I get home. I’ll text you regarding the other details after.” He removed his hand from your arm. It’s amazing how his simple ‘sorry’ can easily take away your negative feelings.

 

If only you know Kim Minseok. If only you just know.” You thought to yourself.

 

-----

 

“Hey Chanyeol, I see what you did there!” Baekhyun said while giving his friend a thumbs up.

 

“Making some moves on Jiyeon already, huh.” Jongin winked at him.

 

“Too bad she likes Minseok hyung.” Sehun said in dismay for his hyung. But Chanyeol wasn’t disappointed by that fact.

 

“She just likes Minseok as a fan. I can make her like me more than that. Just you wait guys.”

 

“We sure can wait. But her 19 remaining days can’t.” They almost forgot that you are sick if not because of Joonmyun’s reminder. The atmosphere all of a sudden became gloomy.

 

“How I wish I could really stop time so that the 30th day will never come.”

 

“How I wish I could heal her for real so that we don’t need to worry about anything anymore.”

 

“Haiiii.” Everyone just sighed.

 

The entrance door of their dorm opened and Minseok entered happily.

 

“What happened to you guys? You look like someone just died.” The group just sighed again.

 

“Ok ok, enough sighing now. I have some good news for everyone.” The boys’ eyes widen in excitement. Who doesn’t love good news?

 

“I know all of us have been dying to go to a noraebang again. Guess what? We are going there tomorrow!” The atmosphere rapidly changed from heavy to happy.

 

“Really Minseok?”

 

“Yes, yes. Now stop shaking me Luhan. I’m getting dizzy.”

 

“Minseok hyung’s going to treat us to a noraebang!” Sehun announced happily.

 

“WAIT! I won’t be treating you guys.” Everyone stared at him devastated.

 

“Jiyeon will be the one taking us there. The bill is on her.”

 

“I love Jiyeon already!!!!!” Kyungsoo shouted. He felt two round eyes piercing him with an I’m-warning-you look. Kyungsoo looked at the jealous Chanyeol and just winked at him.

 

“Why don’t we guys prepare something for her tomorrow? Let’s grab this opportunity to celebrate her birthday with her. But of course, Kyungsoo won’t be joining us.” Chanyeol stuck his tongue out to Kyungsoo. But the latter sure knows that the former was just joking.

 

“What do you want me to cook for her?”

 

“Kyungsoo, you’re so smart to know your part in this plan.” He and Chanyeol exchanged grateful smiles.

 

It will surely be a long night for these sweet and hardworking boys.