BFF Fun Day

30 Days

Minseok brought you home after the practice and the little intimate moment on the dance floor. You were not expecting to see Subin still wide awake at that time but you were not expecting even more for Junho to be there with her.

 

“Hi guys!” only Junho looked at you and returned your greeting with a smile. But the moment his eyes landed on the guy behind you, his expression became dark.

 

“Thanks Minseok. Good luck to you guys tomorrow,” and he bid you and Subin goodbye.

 

When he was gone, you then faced the two people in your living room. You can feel the tension between the three, and used to be four, of you.

 

“What’s with the look?” you looked at Junho with questioning eyes. You noticed how he looked at Minseok a while ago and it bothered you because that was the first time they’ve seen each other, as far as you know.

 

“Nothing. He just seemed familiar to me, that’s all,” he explained.

 

“Well of course he’s familiar. You see him almost everytime on my TV screen back at the hospital,” you waited for any of them to react. But no one did.

 

“Anyway, I’m going to bed. See you guys later,”  you went upstairs to your room to rest. Little did you know, Subin was itching to confront you about something but Junho stopped her as he saw it wasn’t the right time.

 

Junho then left to go home, leaving Subin alone in the living room.

 

D-14

 

You saw Subin sleeping on the couch the next morning. You fixed how she was sleeping and prepared breakfast for her. She was woken up by the smell of bacon and eggs, her favorite breakfast meal. You intentionally didn’t let Subin start last night because you know how messy that could get and you weren’t fit enough to fix it because of tiredness. And so, you intentionally woke up earlier than her for the day so that you could make it up to her. And also, you’re sure she has calmed down at least because she had some rest.

 

“What are you doing?”

 

“Cooking your breakfast,” you handed her the plate of your well cooked bacon and eggs.

 

“The bacon is not that crispy and the egg is still a bit raw for my liking,” you know she didn’t mean any of what she said because her plate is almost empty in just a few minutes after she started eating.

 

“Really? I guess I have to get your plate then because you have too much comment about it,” Subin held her plate with much force so that you can’t get it.

 

“Fine, you win,” and Subin continued eating while you felt defeated.

 

“Look Subin, I’m sorry for whatever it is that I’ve done. I really am deeply sorry,” she ate the last piece of bacon on her plate before finally talking to you seriously.

 

“That’s it, I’m sorry? After making me feel invisible and ignored the past days, that’s all you can say ‘I’m sorry’?”

 

“I’ll make it up to you today. Wherever you want to go, I’m with you.”

 

“How about your streaming of EXO’s award show? Isn’t that more important?”

 

“You’re more important than the streaming. Come on, change your clothes. I’ll wait for you here,” without Subin showing it externally, she felt the sincerity of your words and she was so touched by it that she had forgiven you already. But she wanted to play a trick on you that she wanted to seem like she’s still pissed at you.

 

The two of you headed to the mall to do some window shopping. But that was before you received the checks given by your parents to you on your last birthday.

 

As much as Subin wanted to keep up with her trick on you, she couldn’t hold it back anymore. She missed being alone with you that she can’t bear not to share a laugh or two. And so, defeated by her own feelings, she started dragging you from one boutique to another. You both tried on some clothes and bought some of them without even thinking of the price. All that the two of you cared about was that you were together and that you were having the time of your life in the mall, shopping galore.

 

Feeling tired from all the walking and trying on clothes, you decided to take Subin in a restaurant you always wanted to eat. It served Mediterranean cuisine which you have always wanted to try but never got the chance to.

 

“How did you know about this restaurant?”

 

“Just saw it in a magazine, the one where EXO was the cover.”

 

“ There are plenty of magazines wherein EXO is the cover. Which of them was it?”

 

“Aish, just one of them. I can’t remember the name,” no matter how both of you are a fan of EXO, there are still some things you can’t possible make your brain remember anymore because of information overload.

 

After eating, you thought of walking again around the mall before going home to rest. Though you’ve been there whole day, you just don’t feel like leaving yet.

 

“Hey Jiyeon, look!” Subin pointed to a TV screen in one of the shops in the mall.

 

“Is that the Chinese awards show EXO will be in?” and a few seconds after asking that question, the answered flashed on the screen, 12 boys wearing their suits and ties posing for the cameras pointing at them.

 

“Wanna watch here?” Subin asked you.

 

“If they’ll allow us, why not,” and the woman working at the shop told them to come inside and watch. They stayed there watching their 12 boys perform and win awards that they truly deserve.