The Cellphone Call

30 Days

Panic ran in each of the EXO members when they realized you were gone. What seemed to be screams of excitement became shouts of terror around the spot where you used to be.

 

“Medic! Medic! Someone get the medic please!” Minseok knew it was Subin screaming. Her voice was trembling and yet it was louder than he had ever heard her shout.

 

The boys all wanted to run to your aid but they know it’s nearly impossible with the bodyguards and fans around them. After minutes of battling through the crowd, they safely got into their vans and from their windows they watch you get lifted from the floor while Subin was drowning in tears as she followed the medic.

 

“Hyung, let us go back! We need to see if Jiyeon’s fine,” Joonmyun was trying to convince their manager in the first van. Kris was doing the same in the second. Arguments filled the two vans for 20 minutes as EXO members were trying to give out reasons why they should go back and check your condition. But in the end, all 12 of them failed and they just sat in the car feeling guilty on what happened to you.

 

“she’s going to be fine,” the managers in both vans assured the members riding with them.

 

The moment Minseok stepped in their dorm, he dialed your number and called you. He thought no one’s going to answer until a female voice answered on the other line, but it wasn’t Jiyeon.

 

“Minseok? This is Subin,” Minseok put his phone on loudspeaker so that everyone can hear.

 

“How is she? Is she doing fine? Did she hurt anything? Is she still…”

 

“She’s stil alive. Everything’s fine. You guys have nothing to worry about. The airport medical team took care of everything,” a sigh of relief was heard in the dorm.

 

“What happened to her anyway?”

 

“She just fainted because of the large crowd. She’s not used to that kind of environment.”

 

“So where is she staying now?”

 

“We’re still here at the airport infirmary. But in a few minutes, they’ll be sending us back to the house so that she could rest better.”

 

“Is she awake?”

 

“Nope.”

 

“Oh ok. Well then, thank God she’s safe. I think that’s about it. Thanks for the update Subin. You guys take care.”

 

“Thanks for the concern too Minseok and the rest of the EXO members. Thanks guys!”

 

And both of them hung up at the same time.

 

Everyone was relieved with the news. They did what they got to do. Some went to bed and rest, some ate and some just watched whatever’s on the television. Minseok was one of those who were about to sleep. He turned off the lights of their room and before he closed his eyes, his cellphone screen lit up. A message popped and it was from the girl he had a dream about the night before.

 

[Jiyeon]

Subin told me you called. Please extend my gratitude to the rest of the EXO members. Thank you for the concern. And also, I would like to apologize for the commotion I have caused. But in all honesty, I didn’t regret going there and experiencing what your other fans have been doing. Though I’m pretty sure, I’ll never try that again.

 

Minseok called you even though he was already feeling sleepy and tired.

 

“Hey!”

 

“Hey! I guess you received my text, huh.”

 

“You stupid girl. What were you even thinking of?”

 

“Well I wanted to see you upon arrival so there.”

 

“But you were almost…” he couldn’t say out loud the next word in his mind.

 

“I survived, ok and that’s what matters. Anyway, your voice sounds different? Are you about to go to sleep?”

 

“Yeah.”

 

“I’m sorry. I always bother you. Please go to sleep now.”

 

“That’s ok. Just continue talking please. I wanna hear your voice.”

 

“What?” you flushed with what he said. And even without him seeing you face to face, he knew that you were smiling widely.

 

“I said I just want to hear your voice.”

 

“But I’m getting sleepy too. I got tired from waiting for you at the airport, you know.”

 

“Then just sing me a lullaby.”

 

“What are you, a 5-year old?”

 

“Yes. So now sing me a lullaby or else I won’t hung up and you wouldn’t be able to go to sleep.”

 

“Both of us won’t be able to go to sleep for that matter.”

 

“Ok fine. I’ll leave my phone like this then.”

 

“Fine! Me too,” your ‘fine’ went on for a few minutes until your voices slowly toned down and both of you fell asleep.


Hope you guys enjoyed the double update I posted. :))) Advance Happy Holidays to you and your families.