Deal or No Deal?

30 Days

 

That hour seemed like a day. Everyone has chosen the best emails for them. The room was awkwardly quiet after that little disagreement. Kyungsoo stick to the email he read. He wants this wish to be granted. He’ll do his best to defend it to the managers if needed. And he is sure that the rest of the members will stand by him, except Minseok.

 

“Hey guys, we’re back.”

 

“So how were the emails? Anything different?”

 

“We have our chosen ones. But there’s an email which all of us, I mean 11 of us, agree to be the best among the rest.”

 

“So I see you’ve decided on your own now. Wait, did you say 11 of you? Who disagrees then?”

 

All the EXO members looked at Minseok. His looks are so different now that dislike can be seen on his face.

 

“Kim Minseok is the one who disagrees?! Then how on earth can we grant this if the supposed to be ‘grantor’ doesn’t want it in the first place?”

 

“Read the email first place. I’m sure you’ll understand why we chose it unanimously. We just don’t get why Minseok doesn’t want it.”

 

The managers did what the members suggested and read the email. Like the 11 other men in the room, they were deeply touched by the letter. Sincerity can be seen from their faces. Im Hyunkyun finally turned around to face Minseok.

 

“This is perfect! I don’t get why you’re not agreeing to this one. This is a great opportunity for you to show the fans who you really are. Why don’t you agree?”

 

“I just don’t want to, ok! You want me to be with her for 30 days?! How about my own life then?”

 

“Don’t be so stubborn,  Minseok. You know you need this chance. You know you have to make an impression. And you perfectly know this can help you achieve it.” Lee Seunghwan said.

 

“I won’t do it! If you really want to grant her wish then give it to another EXO member!”

 

“BUT IT’S YOU THAT SHE WANTS NOT US! NOT ANY OF US!” Baekhyun is starting to lose his temper with the situation.

 

“Are you blind? It says, Dear Xiumin of EXO-M.” Kyungsoo is about to lose his as well.

 

“Ok boys, leave the room for now. Except you Kim Minseok. We need to sort this out.” Commanded Tak Youngjun, the overall manager of EXO.

 

The 11 other boys left the room quietly while giving dubious looks at Minseok.

 

“Be reasonable.” Mouthed Jongdae to Minseok as he was the last one to leave.

 

“Ok, explain.”

 

“I just don’t want to hyung.”

 

“Don’t make it hard for us and yourself. Like what we said minutes ago, we all know you pretty much need this. This is the perfect opportunity. This is the chance we have been asking for. Just 30 days, is that too long?”

 

“YES! It’s too long for someone who has his own life.”

 

“When did you have a life Minseok? Ever since you guys entered SM Entertainment, you all know that your normal life has stopped moving. What’s there to loose?” Minseok definitely agrees with what their manager Hyunkyun has said. But he can’t let them know it. Truth hurts.

 

“We’ll make a deal. Your call Minseok. Tell us what you want. Anything you want. Just to let this wish be granted. Just for this show to get started.” The head manager finally said hoping that this can make Minseok softer.

 

“Anything I want?” He stressed on the word ‘I’.

 

“Yes anything.”

 

“Give me a solo song on EXO’s new album.”

 

“Ok. That’s just ea—“

 

“But I want it to be my own composition. The one I made. I want to sing my own song.” He looked each one of  the managers in front of him with confidence and conviction. *you said it’s my call.*

 

“OK. You’ll sing your own song on the next album. Provided that you’ll spend with this girl her last 30 days. Deal?”

 

“Youngjun, you know that’s going to take a—“ Noh Yongmin interrupted.

 

“Miracle, I know. But we’ll find a way.” Saying it while looking directly at Minseok’s hopeful eyes.

 

“You gotta be kidding me.” Kim Minwook said under his breath while shaking his head in disbelief.

 

“So Kim Minseok, is it a deal or no deal?”

 

“DEAL!” And the two shook their hands and promised that no one, aside from the people in the meeting room, should now about this deal.