The Trip Part 1

30 Days

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lp4cK--o4os - Last First Kiss by One Direction

 

You weren’t expecting for Minseok to be driving well. The ride was so smooth even though an awfully awkward atmosphere was present from the start. Only the sound from the radio can be heard inside the car. You didn’t know what to say and so did Minseok. If the ride was going to be that all throughout, you’d rather step out of the car and go back home. But that thought changed when Minseok finally had the effort to talk first.

 

“How are you feeling right now?” He asked while keeping his eyes on the road. You looked to his side trying to examine his expression, but it was blank.

 

“About what?” you answered back with a question.

 

“About your health and this trip,” he glanced at you for a moment then smiled.

 

“Oh. About my health, I’m feeling better I guess. And as for this trip, I’m feeling nervous.”

 

“Do you know why you’re feeling better?” you answered his question in a slow manner, “maybe..because..I’m out of the hospital again.” Minseok shook his head telling you that that’s not the answer.

 

“No. That’s not the reason why,” you looked at him questioningly with the thought in your head “what d you know?”

 

And Minseok answered it like he read your mind. “I know that the reason you’re feeling better now is because of me.” His face started to turn red like a tomato.

 

“You think highly of yourself Minseok. Is that what you learn after being famous?”

 

“No,” he shot a glance at you and you saw that his eyes were full of sincerity. Then he continued, “that’s something I learned after admitting to myself that I had fallen for you.” He can sense your confusion and so he continued to explain while driving. “

 

The trip fortunately became less awkward as the two of you started to talk like your old selves. You expressed to him how nervous you are on meeting his family. He on the other hand assured you that there is nothing to be afraid about for his family already loved you even if they haven’t met you yet.

 

After hours of driving, Minseok made a stopover to rest his body from driving. “I haven’t done this, driving I mean, for some time. Pardon me, I’ll just rest for a while,” he said.

 

“No problem. Take your time. I’ll just go out to get some fresh air,” and you stepped out of the car and headed to a convenience store nearby. You felt hungry upon seeing the food on the shelves and then you remembered Minseok’s growling stomach while on the road. You grabbed a rice meal, some chips and drinks and went back to the car.

 

“Hey, eat some first…” you said, but the person you are talking to was already asleep. He looks more angelic when he is asleep. You couldn’t stop staring at his round and cute face. You examined every part of it – from his forehead down to his lips. His lips, his soft red lips that you’ve always wanted to kiss. You leaned in closer to his face thinking whether you should steal one from him while he is in dreamland. Cautiously you moved closer and closer. And when your lips were only a few centimeters away you felt someone’s hand on your nape. And before you know it, you were kissing Kim Minseok on the lips. Kim Minseok, your last first kiss.

 

Your eyes grew wider with the sudden force from the sleeping lad. His eyes opened upon the contact but closed again after a few seconds. You too did the same, feeling the moment you’ve only pictured in your head before.

 

It wasn’t the passionate hardcore make-out kind of kiss you see in most Western movies but rather it was the sweet, romantic and conservative kind of kiss that you watched from most Korean dramas. Dying at that moment would be the dream, if only your phone didn’t ring.

 

*ring ring ring*

 

You detached yourself from Minseok’s grip and returned to the passenger seat to answer the call. “Hello mom,” you and Minseok looked at each other as if you did something very wrong seconds before.

 

“Hey Jiyeon! How’s the trip so far?” You can hear the noisy background and realized that EXO was still in your place and realized that you are on speaker. Your heart started beating faster and Minseok started to sweat more than he already was.

 

“Uhmm, trip’s great so far. We just made a stopover so that Minseok could rest for a while and…”

 

“And?” you didn’t know what to say next. Good thing your mom didn’t notice it, or so you think. “Anyway, did the two of you eat already? Is Minseok asleep or..?”

 

“Hi Mrs. Kang! I’m awake now,” Minseok joined the conversation. The call went on for about 15 minutes until Minseok said that the two of you had to go back on the road again. He ended the call and gave you back your cellphone.

 

The atmosphe in the car was awfully quiet again, then he talked, “let’s just pretend nothing happened.” You nodded your head in agreement but the kiss still lingered in your head even when you were already sleeping.

 

-----

 

“Jiyeon, Jiyeon. We’re here.” You opened your eyes upon hearing Minseok’s voice calling your name. You almost jumped from your seat when you saw his face so close again to yours. A smile crept from his face when he saw your reaction. He removed your seatbelt and pointed outside the passenger window. There you saw his beautiful family ready to welcome you with open arms.

 

“Ready?” he said. “Well I have to, haven’t I?” you replied. He pinched your right cheek before going out of the car and opening your door.

 

Once you stepped out of the car, his family started to move forward and greeted you with warm smiles and hugs. They didn’t even bother to greet their own son for they were so excited to meet you.

 

“Really mom and dad? As if I’m invisible?” He stood beside the car as if he was feeling jealous of the attention given to yours. His dad walked towards him and grabbed his head. “Look at you, you’re feeling jealous. Come here you son! We missed you so much.” And they broke into a tight hug, father and son style. “Come inside you two. The food is waiting!” His mother called out.

 

You fell in love instantly with everything about his family. From the way they decorate their house to the food they serve. The way they talk to their son like they are just 3 best friends and the way they talk to you like you have always been part of their family.

 

Mrs. Kim showed you the room you’ll be using during your stay. Coincidentally, it was in front of Minseok’s own room. You settled yourself in and didn’t take long before you fell asleep again.

 

Minseok on the other hand couldn’t make himself go to sleep. It was really late already and everyone in the house was already resting. He got up from his bed, went out his room quietly and headed to their front door to go out of the house.

 

He rely after an hour or so. Little did he know, someone was waiting for him after he left. He opened their front door to sneak back in his room. His heart jumped when he saw a woman sitting on their living room couch. It was his mom.

 

“Why this late Minseok?”

 

“I’m sorry. I couldn’t sleep knowing that I’m near her now. I needed to visit her. I needed to apologize to her.”

 

“and Jiyeon didn’t know yet, did she?”

 

“No.”

 

“When are you planning on telling Jiyeon? When Jiyeon’s in the same place as her?” Minseok didn’t answer. “She deserves to know the truth Minseok. At least give her that before you return to Seoul.”

 

“But what if I lose her too because of that?”

 

“Then there's nothing we can do about that.”

 

 

After weeks of not being able to update this fic, I'm finally back! Sorry for taking so long. I just had to finish my OJT first before I write again. This update may not be enough to make up for my absence but I hope you guys are still with me until the end of this story. :D Thank you again and please feel free to share your thoughts here!