The Beginning

30 Days

 

Subin received a call from SM Entertainment late at night after your party. She was asked to go to the company early in the morning to talk about the decision that has been made that afternoon. She was extremely happy and excited because for the first time in her entire 21 years of existence, good luck has finally found her side.

 

“Yes, I will come tomorrow at 8 in the morning. Yes. Yes. Thank you so much! Thank you!”

 

-----

D-29

 

“Excuse me. I have an appointment with Mr. Tak Youngjun. Where can I find him?”

 

“Name please?”

 

“Kang Subin.”

 

“Ah yes. This way please Ms. Kang. Follow me.”

 

“Thank you.”

 

This is her first time entering an entertainment company’s premises. The walls were full of frames of the artists under SM Entertainment. There are large pictures of BoA, Kangta, Dong Bang Shin Ki, and the others. She couldn't keep her jaw from falling because of admiration. It’s like she's in another world. A world where only perfection exists. The SM Entertainment world.

 

“Kindly wait here please. They’ll arrive in a while.”

 

“Thank you.”

 

She couldn't help but admire even more this room. It’s like a heaven for a KPOP fan, especially an SM stan. It has all the albums and DVDs released by their artists over the years. Posters were plastered perfectly on the walls. When suddenly she saw a few men approaching the room she was in.

 

“Wow they really are that tall.”

 

“Good morning Ms. Kang. Sorry for letting you wait.”

 

“Good morning.”

 

“Please take your seat.”

 

Sat in front of her was the man whom she only saw on her best friend’s laptop screen, posters and other EXO merchandise. *The cameras don’t do justice in his looks* Subin thought.

 

“So Ms. Kang, we called you here because your email was chosen for this month’s ‘Tell Me Your Wish’. We were all deeply touched by your letter and we wanted, well Xiumin wanted, to be part of your best friend’s final days.”

 

Subin was about to say her ‘thanks’ when the manager continued.

 

“This is going to be different from all the other ones we’ve done before. Because for the first and probably the last time, we will drop all the conditions and just let the next 30 days go normally as possible.”

 

Subin saw Xiumin look at his managers with shock. He probably didn’t know this before either. Then the manager turned to Xiumin.

 

“Whatever you wanted to do over these 30 days, just do it. Go with the flow and just be yourself. You will not be memorizing any scripts. Just make sure the girl, Ms. Kang Jiyeon, will make the most out of her stay here on earth. Understood?”

 

“Yes hyung.”

 

“Do you have other questions Ms. Kang?”

 

“None as of the moment Sir. Thank you for this. Thank you for choosing us, her.”

 

“It’s our pleasure. So can we visit your house now and meet Ms. Kang Jiyeon?”

 

Subin looked at them in surprise. She called your parents and told them that ‘a few people’ will come visit the house in an hour.