Catching Up

30 Days

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1qB1EXFGMQ - Just for One Day by CSJH and Kim Jaejoong

 

You woke up feeling all happy and energized because of what happened last night. Although you wish you could have not said about his free day instead. You miss Minseok already. You want him to be by your side after days of being away. And up until that morning, you still have no idea on what to do for the day.

 

“Another bummed day ahead, Jiyeon. Are you looking forward to it?” You talked to yourself while looking in the mirror.

 

You were headed downstairs when a man sitting on your living room couch stopped you in the middle of the staircase. A very familiar back welcomed you that early morning. Someone you didn’t expect to be there after days of not seeing him. He felt your presence so he looked behind and a beautiful smile formed on his handsome face. You went running towards him and wrapped him tightly around your slim arms.

 

“I’ve missed you so much Jiyeon!” He too hugged you like there’s no tomorrow.

 

“I’ve missed you so much too Doc!” You can’t explain how much you’ve missed his presence, his voice, basically him as a whole. You were used to having him around everyday when you are at the hospital. But when he left after your birthday, it was like a part of you were missing. The two of you broke the hug after a minute or so.

 

“How are you Doc? How’s it going? You looked even more handsome now!” You can’t contain your excitement that you have lots of things you wanted to say and ask him.

 

“Let’s talk while we eat ok. Where do you want?”

 

“Hmm. How about that fast food chain on the other block?

 

“Haha! So not a date place, Jiyeon! Come on, my treat. Just tell me what you’re craving for.””

 

“I can’t think of anything actually. You might be craving for something instead?”

 

“I actually do. Haha. I want to try this new milk tea place somewhere. Is that fine with you?”

 

“Yes it is. Wait I’ll just go fix myself. I’ll be right back.”

 

-----

 

“What do you want?”

 

“Which do you prefer?

 

“I’ll get the sweet potato one.”

 

“Then I’ll get that one too!”

 

“No you can’t!”

 

“Why not?!”

 

“Because we have to taste each other’s. So you need to buy a different one ok.”

 

“Fine. I’ll get the blueberry one instead then.”

 

“Ok. I’ll order us the biggest size”

 

“What the?!”

 

“What? We’re going to drink from both anyway. Besides, we got loads of things to talk about.”

 

“Ok then.”

 

“So how’s life? Got any interesting stories to tell me?”

 

“I actually have loads but I want you to go first! Tell me about London! How was it? You know I badly want to go there someday.”

 

“Oh yeah. I got you something. Here. Don’t lose that ok, or else I’ll get mad at you.”

 

“Thanks Doc! It’s so beautiful! I always wear this bracelet.” He gave you a sweet smile. The drinks arrived on your table without any of you noticing.

 

“Let’s see which one’s better, ok.” The two of you sipped on your respective orders and gave a very satisfying look. Then you exchanged your drinks and tasted what the other has ordered. It went like that, exchanging drinks after minutes, while you two were talking about life.

 

“So did you meet any girl in London?”

 

“I’ve met lot of girls of course because of work.”

 

“That’s not what I meant! Have you met anyone who you would like to get to know more about back in London?”

 

“No one captured my attention, to be honest.”

 

“What?! You’re too slow! I thought you’ll come back here with a girlfriend already! Boo you!”

 

“You wanted me to have a girlfriend already?”

 

“Yes I do! And I want to meet her before I die, just to remind you.”

 

“I’ll let you meet her once I’ve found her ok. That’s a promise. So now tell me, what’s been going on with yours. You look happy and alive. May I know what, or rather who, is the reason behind it?”

 

You can’t help but smile while you think of the answer to his question.  So you told him about the deal with Minseok and the things you did for the past days. He was very attentive in listening to your stories. He didn’t move his gaze away from you while you talk. You felt a bit awkward but you didn’t mind it at all because you thought it might just be the effect of not having him around for days.

 

“I see you didn’t miss me afterall.”

 

“I did miss you a lot! I just don’t want to dwell on that because I might end up begging you to come fly back here in Seoul as soon as possible.”

 

“You’re lying.”

 

“I’m not! So where do you want to go next?”

 

“Let’s just walk around the area. I’ve missed Seoul, just so you know.”

 

“See! You didn’t really miss me too! How dare you judge me!” You were about to slap his arm when he caught your hand.

 

“We’re just even then. Haha. Let’s go.” He held your hand and locked your fingers with his. It’s normal for the two of you to be touchy with each other so it’s not much of a big deal to you, at least.

 

After much walking around and entering shops, the two of you decided to stay in the park and continued talking and laughing. It went like that for another hour before you can’t contain that weird feeling.

 

“Doc, don’t you feel anything weird?”

 

“Weird? Hmm, actually I do. My legs feel a bit tired after all the walking which is not normal for me. I guess I didn’t have enough exercise when I was in London.”

 

“No, not that kind of weird feeling. I mean, I think someone’s following us.”