Happy Noraebang Day!

30 Days

HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY ZHANG YIXING! <3

 

You were already on the floor crying because of too much fear. Then all of a sudden you heard voices singing to something you never expected to hear again on that year and on the coming years.

 

“Happy birthday to you

Happy birthday to you

Happy birthday dear Jiyeon

Happy birthday to you”

 

You finally looked up and saw someone holding a cake with a candle lit on it. Because of the darkness, you can’t clearly see who it is. But when you heard the voice, you immediately know the name to call.

 

“Chanyeol.” The lights went on and there standing in front of you were twelve smiling and funny looking boys. All your fears went away and were replaced with relief. But the tears from your eyes didn’t stop for falling.

 

“Happy birthday Jiyeon! You may now blow the candle.” Chanyeol said with excitement on his face.

 

“But it’s not my birthday.”

 

“We know!” They all said in unison. You just smiled at them while tears are starting to slow down.

 

“Make a wish first!” Tao reminded you. The boys were chanting for you to say your wish out loud. But you didn’t want to satisfy them so you still kept it to yourself.

 

There were cheers after you blew the candle. Minseok who was near the door escorted you to your seat. You slapped his arm and he just smiled at you knowing what that was meant for.

 

Your tears stopped from falling but you still can’t say something out. You actually can’t figure out the right thing to say at that moment. Good thing the always enthusiastic Baekhyun and Jongdae were there to save the quiet atmosphere.

 

“Are you guys ready to party????!!!!” They both shouted. The room was filled with a growling sound as a response. You just nodded and smiled signaling that you’re up for whatever they planned to happen.

 

“So before anything else guys, I know that our stomachs are already growling of hunger. So let’s not make the food, our Kyungsoo and Yixing cooked, wait any longer. Dig in guys!” and with that signal, they started grabbing their own plates without thinking of one another. When it comes to food, there’s no ‘you first’ in EXO, except maybe when it comes to someone.

 

“I’ll get food for you Jiyeon. You just stay there.”

 

“No Chanyeol, it’s ok. I can get my own.” He stopped you and let you sit again on your chair. You didn’t bother to argue anymore because you know you’ll lose anyway.

 

“Yikee, Yeol’s doing well in making his moves.” Baekhyun teased. You just watched there as the twelve boys grab food like hungry wolves.

 

A few minutes after, Chanyeol came back with a full plate. Your jaw dropped as to how much food he put on it.

 

“Here. Eat all of those, ok. You need to be stronger and healthier based from what we saw a while ago.”

 

“This is too much Yeol. I can’t finish this for sure.”

 

“But you need to. Kyungsoo and Yixing will surely feel bad if you don’t.” he does know how to make someone change his or her mind. You can’t resist that cute and pleading look on Chanyeol’s face.

 

“Help me finish it then. Will you, Yeol?” you also did a cute and pleading look. You know it worked on him but you didn’t expect that another person in the room will be carried away by it.

 

“Put here those that you think you can’t eat.”

 

“Xiumin?”

 

“From now on you call me Minseok, understood?”

 

“Hyung, you don’t have to force yourself. Really, I can take care of this.”

 

“I’m not forcing myself Yeollie. I’m still hungry, that’s why.”

 

“Then why don’t you go and get from the table if that is so?” The atmosphere became heavy as the two guys eye each other like they never did before. Everyone can feel the tension building up and so the two emcees did what they had to do to lighten again the mood.

 

“Ok! So while you guys eat, me and Jongdae will be singing some random songs. Any request from the audience?”

 

“Laundry by Lee Juk please!” Joonmyun requested. The emcees searched for the song and sang it as the rest of the people in the room enjoy their food.

 

One by one the members started putting in the codes of the songs they want to sing. They were indeed enjoying already. As for Chanyeol, Minseok and you, the atmosphere stayed the same. Chanyeol hated it personally and so he was the first one to break the silence among the three of you.

 

“Would you guys like to cut the cake now?” he looked at you and Minseok with a hopeful feeling. He felt relieved when his hyung finally spoke.

 

“Ok. I’m dying to have a slice already.” Chanyeol smiled and gave you the plastic knife.

 

“Go ahead. You do the honors of giving all of us a slice.”

 

“But give yourself one first.” Chanyeol nodded in agreement to what his hyung said.

 

You did what the two boys asked you to do. You’re slightly feeling better now that you can see them talking.

 

“Who chose the cake, by the way?” Chanyeol and Minseok looked at each other. Then Minseok pointed at his dongsaeng. Chanyeol just smiled hoping that what you’ll say next is what he wanted to hear from you.

 

“Thanks Chanyeol. I’ll finally get to eat my favorite cake again.” Both of the boys’ eyes widen in surprise. They high-fived each other and smiled widely at you.

 

“Red velvet is your favorite?”

 

“Yepp. Good instinct right there, Yeollie.”

 

“Why are you calling me Yeol or Yeollie all of a sudden?”

 

“I just find it cute and adorable to call you that way. If you don’t like it, then I’ll stop calling you like that. Sorry.”

 

“Haha. Of course I like it! Call me Yeol or Yeollie anytime.” The two of you were exchanging sweet smiles before Minseok interrupted asking for a slice of the cake since you already had yours.

 

“Hey guys! The cake is now ready for digging in.” Minseok called out. With just one blink, you saw all twelve boys gathered around you waiting to be served.

 

The party went smoothly after that. The program that the four members prepared was expectedly entertaining. You were enjoying so much that you totally lost track of the time. You checked your cellphone for the first time since you came to the noraebang. You had a total of 50 missed calls and 40 text messages all from your family and Doctor Song. But what’s worse than that is the time; it’s already 9 in the evening, which is way beyond your curfew.

 

“Oh shoot! I’m dead!” you blurted out in fear. EXO all came to your side and asked what is it about. When they saw your cellphone screen, they immediately know what it was about.

 

“Guys, I have to go ahead. You can stay here for as long as you want. I’ll just inform the receptionist about it. Don’t worry about the bill; I’ll take care of it. Sorry guys. Thank you so much for the great time.”

 

“We’ll take you home. Come on guys, let’s fix all of these before we leave.” Chanyeol initiated the clean up and the rest followed.

 

“It’s ok guys. It’s better if I go home by myself, really.” Minseok stopped you at the door of the room.

 

“I believe it’s not going to do you any worse if we bring you home instead.” Minseok knew that something is not right once you come home. And he knows that he can’t let you face it all alone.