Kicking and Screaming

30 Days

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BpypkvZjJiI - One More Night by Maroon 5

Teasers Teaser....gawd. And tomorrow's their first comeback stage! Oh gosh I'm beyond excited! Bet you guys are too. :D Weee. Can't wait any longer. Haha. 

 

Only a few minutes away before the time for Minseok’s soccer practice and you didn’t know yet whether your mom or Subin had convinced your dad to allow you to go. You were about to confess to him that your dad didn’t allow you at all and that you can’t accompany him when suddenly your phone rang and saw your dad calling.

 

*shoot! What now?* you thought.

 

“Hello dad?”

 

“You can go. But on one condition, bring Subin with you. I can’t just let you off with Minseok alone on a night.”

 

“Ok. Thanks dad.”

 

“She’s on her way now back to the house. Wait for here before you leave.”

 

“Yes dad.”

 

“Goodbye.”

 

“Bye.”

 

You’re extremely grateful that your dad has changed his mind. But you can’t randomly shout for joy because Minseok was beside you. He didn’t know what the original decision was.

 

“I think now is a good time for us to go. I’m excited Jiyeon!”

 

“Uhmm. Can we stay for a few more minutes?”

 

“Why? Are you ok?”

 

“Yeah I’m perfectly fine. I’m just waiting for something. I mean someone.”

 

“Who?”

 

“Hey I’m home! Minseok, you looked like you just saw a ghost.” Subin has finally arrived.

 

“Her. Subin is coming with us. That was my dad’s condition.”

 

“Condition? Oh. Ok, nevermind. No problem. Let’s go now guys. I can’t wait to play again.”

 

The three of you went to the soccer field. Nobody was there anymore, only you, Subin and Minseok. Minseok handed you the soccer ball. You looked at him in confusion.

 

“Why are you giving this to me?”

 

“Do you think I’ll practice alone? How can I practice defending the ball if no one will try blocking it?” he smiled at you with a hint of expectation on his face.

 

“I can’t play soccer. I do watch, but I don’t play.”

 

“So what’s the use of this then?”

 

“Subin can play!”

 

“What?” Subin looked at you with wide eyes.

 

“You used to play soccer back in middle school right? I watched some of your games! You’re good Subin.”

 

“I used to be good. It’s been years since I last played. I don’t know if I still can.”

 

“Subin please!” You and Minseok said together. Minseok looked at Subin with hopeful eyes. You looked at her with pleading eyes.

 

“Fine! Let’s start.” She looked at both of you with a ‘you-owe-me-a-big-one’ look.

 

Subin and Minseok went to the center of the field and started practicing. You on the other hand sat on one of the benches cheering for the two of them. Minseok was really good. He does have the skills. You were so absorbed by Minseok’s charisma while he was on the field that you almost forgot Subin was playing with him. You then focused your attention to your best friend. You can’t believe how good she still is with soccer. You can see how Subin is serious in helping Minseok improve his defense. You can see how Minseok is trying so hard to escape from her block. Seeing the two of them enjoy, you can’t help but feel a bit left out in the field.

 

*BOOGSH* *CRASH*

 

You got up from the bench as you saw Subin fall on the ground. You were about to run to her when something stopped you from doing so. You can’t help but feel a tinge of pain as you saw Minseok carry her towards where you are. Seeing the two of them happy together is enough. But seeing Minseok being nice to her when they barely know each other is unbelievably devastating in your part. *he’s was never like that to me* you thought.

 

“Subin, Subin wake up!” you can hear the worry in Minseok’s voice as he repeatedly says that sentence. You can barely look seeing how close his face is to hers. It’s tearing you piece by piece inside. Your heart is screaming in pain not physically but emotionally. If only you can run away at that moment, you will. But you can’t just leave them there alone. You don’t want to leave them alone together.

 

“That hurt Minseok. Just tell me if you’re mad at me. Don’t use violence please.” Subin’s eyes opened and it first landed on the face directly above her.

 

“I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to do that. I’m deeply sorry Subin. Did it hurt? Let me see.”

 

“I’m fine, I’m fine. Head just hurts a little that’s all.” She finally saw you standing like a statue a few feet away from them.

 

“Jiyeon. Are you ok?” Subin asked. The look on Minseok’s face when he looked at you can’t be painted. You seemed to be not in the zone at that very moment.

 

“I think I should bring you girls home now. I had enough practice anyway. Thanks Subin. Besides, you should go rest your head. I’m so sorry again.” Minseok helped Subin get up from the bench. They approached you and that’s when you got back to yourself.

 

“Jiyeon, we’re leaving now. Come on.” Subin held her hand for you to hold but you refused it. Instead you walked ahead of them.

 

-----

 

Minseok bid you and Subin goodbye after bringing you to your doorstep.

 

“I’ll be expecting the two of you to be at the soccer game tomorrow ok. I invited the other members of EXO as well. Thanks Subin for being patient with me during the practice. And again sorry for accidentally smacking your head.”

 

“No problem. It was nice being able to play soccer once again. Thanks Minseok. Good luck for tomorrow.”

 

“Jiyeon, thanks for letting me have this day for my practice. I really appreciate it. I’ll see you tomorrow at the game, ok.”

 

You just nodded your head in response. You didn’t even bother to look at him and smile. You opened the front door and headed upstairs leaving two of your most loved people in the world outside the house alone together. You can’t explain anymore what you’re feeling. Well, you can. But you just won’t admit it because you feel like you don’t deserve to feel that way towards them. You feel like you don’t deserve to get hurt. You feel like you don’t deserve to get jealous because the feeling was not mutual and will never be mutual in anyway.