Expectation

30 Days

What do you guys think of the EXO's Showtime pilot episode? Did you enjoy it? I sure did! :)))) Hope that you'll enjoy this chapter as well. Thank you! :D 

 

 

“So that explains why you were still out late.” Baekhyun realized.

 

“You’ve fallen for her that hard, huh?” Yixing asked Chanyeol.

 

“I don’t know. Maybe. What I know is that I want to see her every single day and I want to know that she’s always fine. That’s not too much to ask, isn’t it?”

 

“With the kind of life we’re living in now, that’s kind of too much to ask. You don’t want fans going after her just because she is being linked to you or something.” Joonmyun reminded his dongsaeng of the kind of industry they are currently in.

 

“Can I ask all of you to not tell any of this to Minseok-hyung? Please?” Everyone promised.

 

After Chanyeol’s story telling, they all went to the emergency meeting called by their managers. It took around 3 to 4 hours but all they talked about was some additional schedules and their managers’ love life. The boys were having so much fun laughing at their managers’ in-love faces and expressions. Their managers didn’t mind such behavior from the boys because to them, they’re like their sons. They always enjoy hanging out with these young people because it makes them feel young themselves. But at the end of all their laughters, jokes and other crazy stories, they never fail to give these boys some lessons in life.

 

“You guys are still very young. You’ll still meet other girls and maybe boys if some of you prefer it better,” the 12 all looked at him with disbelief. But of course the second one was only a joke, “But if one day you find that person who makes you want to spend your life with her and only her, make sure to grab the opportunity and let her feel it right away. Because time is gold, every second counts. You never know whether she’ll still be there on the next week, the next day, the next hour or even the next minute.”

 

The room was silent. Everyone was slowly absorbing what one of the managers had said. And there it snapped to Minseok, “Oh hyungs, is the meeting adjourned? I still have to go back to Jiyeon’s.”

 

“Yes, you may now go, Mr. Genie.” Minseok gave their manager a what-did-you-say look before leaving the room. And Chanyeol failed to get his jacket back from him.

 

 

-----

 

“Ready to be pigs tonight?” Minseok greeted you on your front door.

 

“I sure am. Let’s go!”

 

The two of you headed out to the food bazaar that your dad told you about. Both you and Minseok were in cloud nineseeing all the food stands in front of you. The smell of the different dishes from street foods to international ones entered your nose and it made you hungrier than you already were. When the two of you had reserved a seat, you went around to buy the foods you’ve been dying to eat all this time.

 

“Oh my goodness fried foods! What to choose, what to eat?” Minseok is happily looking at you while you’re busy drooling, not literally though, over the food you see around. He’s never seen you that excited to eat.

 

“Hey Minseok, do you like this?” everytime you ask that question Minseok constantly says “Yes.” And little did you notice, he never leaves his sight off you. He doesn’t even know why all of a sudden he acted that way. Maybe he was just thinking about what his manager said to them a while ago at the meeting.

 

After you think you have everything you want, the two of you returned to your table. But right before you’re about to dig in, Minseok asked you to pose for a picture together with the food on your table.

 

“Can I not be in the picture?”

 

“No!”

 

“Why not?”

 

“Because I said so. So pose now.”

 

“But I’m shy. Just take a picture of the food without me.”

 

“No. Unless you pose for the camera, we won’t be eating.”

 

“You’re crazy!” but since you’re so hungry already, you gave in and posed for Minseok's camera phone.

 

“There. You look great.” And Minseok can’t help but smile after taking the picture.

 

“Now it’s your turn.”

 

“What?”

 

“Pose for my camera phone now.” You didn’t have to persuade him because he immediately did a cute pose together with all the food in front of you.

 

“You look the same.” You tried keeping a poker face but deep inside, your heart is screaming because of too much happiness. You finally have a picture of Minseok on your phone which was not from the internet. It was solely for you and you alone.

 

“And now we eat.” You said together.

 

Even though you were both hungry, you still talked nonstop. The two of you tried to see if you can find a food that you could associate with each of the EXO members. Some were really funny and fitting while the others are obviously forced, just so you can say that 'we have something for insert-EXO-member-name-here'. It was very interesting and entertaining.

 

“Jiyeon, you have something on,” you were expecting for Minseok to point where that something is on your face but instead he leaned closer and wiped the icing that was on your upper lip. You froze with the physical contact. You didn’t know what to do. You didn’t know what to think. And with the way he looked at your lips, you almost stopped breathing.

 

“There it’s gone. I thought girls are clean when eating. Apparently, I’m wrong.” And you followed where his eyes went, the part of the table in front of you.

 

“Oh my. I’m sorry. I’m like this when I’m excited to eat. I think.”

 

The night continued to be normal for Minseok, at least that’s what you thought. As for you, you felt different. Your heart didn’t stop beating so fast after Minseok touched your lips. But you tried to keep calm outside. And from the looks of it, you did well.

 

After eating the last bite of the chocolate cake, you leaned back to your seat and touched your tummy. Minseok copied you and you shot him a ‘copycat’ look. Everytime you move, he copies it. You thought it would piss you off but no. Instead you found it cute and funny.

 

“Really Minseok, are you going to do this for the rest of the evening?”

 

“If you want me to then, yes.”

 

“As much as I find it funny, I say stop. People are starting to look at us. They might think we’re crazy or something.”

 

“They’re just jealous because I’m with a pretty girl.” And he winked at you.

 

“You’re creeping me out. Let’s just go home ok. You still have to rest for tomorrow.”

 

“If that’s what you want, then let’s go. I’ll bring you home.”

 

“You don’t have to.”

 

“Here we go again. Do you always have to reject my offer?”

 

“It’s not like that. I just feel like you’re not obliged to bring me home.”

 

“I know I’m not. But I want to.”

 

The two of you walked home talking about each others’ lives and other EXO members’ lives.  Everything was casual until a cold wind passed by and you suddenly shivered because of it. Minseok took off the hooded jacket he’s wearing and put it on you. It felt so warm and soft. Your mind is starting to think of ‘fangirl’ thoughts while wearing it. And it came to you, the question you’ve wanted to ask him the the first that morning at your doorstop.

 

“This is your jacket, right?”

 

“Yes of course that’s my jacket. I was wearing it, if you didn’t notice.” you sighed with the relief and gave him a big and grateful smile. But then he took back what he said.

 

“That’s not mine. I just borrowed it from Chanyeol. I’ve been eyeing on that hooded jacket eversince. But sadly, only one stock was left at the store and Chanyeol found it first before me. And so he got it.”

 

*Chanyeol Chanyeol Chanyeol* that was the only thing that kept on repeating in your head. It was Chanyeol. How could you not notice that it was him? Maybe because you were expecting someone else, and that someone else was Minseok.