Just For One Night

30 Days

Happy New Year guys! :D Thank you for continuously supporting this story. :D May 2014 be a better year for everyone! 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4FP1Nbooy-w - Jiu Shi Ai Ni by David Tao

 

 

D-12

 

The first thing that Minseok did upon waking up was checking his phone that got under his pillow. He looked at the screen and was quite disappointed that the call has ended. And so he called again the last person he talked to last night, which was you.

 

You were surprised to hear your phone ringing. That’s when you realized your call with Minseok last night has ended, or not.

 

“Good morning.”

 

“Good morning, sunshine,” you laughed at what he called you.

 

“Why?”

 

“Nothing. It’s so not you, you know that.”

 

“Well people change,” you couldn’t argue with that alright.

 

“By the way, I was thinking, let’s have dinner later. My treat, because we won an award.”

 

“Sure thing. You made it clear that it’s your treat, ok.”

 

“Yeah. I’ll go fetch you then by 5. Wear something that will make you look like a girl, ok.”

 

“I do wear clothes that make me look like a girl,” but from the other line you know that Minseok doesn’t think so.

 

“Fine! I’ll see you later then,” and the two of you hung up at the same time.

 

Hours have passed by so fast and before you knew it, it was already 5pm. Your doorbell rang and there at your front door stood a handsome gentleman wearing a suit and tie with a bouquet of flowers on his hand.

 

“You look funny,” you . But the truth is, in your eyes, he looked stunning as ever. Now, how can you not fall head over heels with such man?

 

“Flowers for my lady,” your family was watching secretly from behind as Minseok tries to pull off a ‘formal’ whatever-you-call-it thing that night. They couldn’t help but feel giddy with what they’re witnessing. You on the other hand can’t hold on anymore your laughter.

 

“HA HA HA HA HA!” Minseok just looked at you bewildered with your sudden outburst.

 

“You’re so not pulling this off Minseok, I’m sorry. It’s just too funny,” you’re almost turning red from laughing too much.

 

“Jiyeon, can we not? Please? Just for one night? Please? I’m doing my thing here.”

 

“Fine. But don’t blame me when I suddenly laugh cos you’re really funny tonight,” Minseok can’t do anything about that. Even he was laughing at himself when he saw how funny his reflection is back at the dorm. The EXO members also had a good amount of laughter because of him. He was actually expecting for you to be the same. And he was right.

 

He took you to a fine-dining restaurant. It was a rather awkward dinner because while Minseok was doing his thing of being ‘formal’ whatever-you-call-it, you were in front of him holding in your laughter. You can’t even eat properly because of your giggling once in a while. You can’t drink and look at him at the same time because you’re afraid of splashing the water on his face.

 

After paying the bill and leaving the restaurant, Minseok finally let you do your thing.

 

“You can laugh all you want now,” and just like that you started laughing your heart out. You were already holding your stomach because of too much laughter. Minseok was also starting to laugh, not because he knows that he was funny but because your laughter was contagious. And just seeing you happy like that warms his heart.

 

He waited until you were finished before he grabbed your hand and walked towards the direction of the Han River.

 

“Uhmm, hands please?” Unfortunately, he didn’t want to let go of you. But rather, he held your hand tighter and even intertwined his fingers with yours.

 

“Now, I’m back to normal,” the two of you sat at the side of the river. That was when he took away his hand from yours and put his suit around you.

 

“Thanks.”

 

“You look wonderful tonight, by the way” he looked deep into your eyes as he said that beautiful compliment.

 

“You look wonderful yourself too,” you returned the compliment and you meant it.

 

“I’ve always wanted to do this, sitting at the side of Han River. It just feels relaxing and calming, like all your problems are suddenly washed away. Seeing the cleanliness of the surrounding, feeling the soft breeze on your skin, hearing the flow of the river, it’s like perfection exists in this side of the world don’t you think?” you nodded your head in agreement.

 

“Any thoughts on your head that you might want to say?” you thought for a few seconds whether you’re ready to say it to him at that time or not. You decided that it was but only a part.

 

“Back when I was a child, I always dreamed of going here with my special someone. Just sitting beside each other, talking and listening. Unlike some girls who wished to be brought to fancy restaurants, five-star hotels, expensive trips and the like, I only wanted something simple like this. Because most of the time, those people who dream too big don’t see anymore the beauty in the little things they sencounter every single day.”

 

Minseok took out the keychain he bought you back in China. It was a sun because in his life, you represent sunshine. You gave him hope in ways you didn’t realize and he didn’t expect. Slowly, he moved closer to you. Little by little his face was becoming clearer in your view as it went nearer and nearer until your lips were just an inch away from touching each other.

 

Your heart was pounding so hard and fast with the very intimate contact with the one guy who made you feel that way. You couldn’t take your eyes away anymore from Minseok’s lips. It was like everything turned in slow motion until the two of you heard a loud boom above.

 

“Fireworks,” you both said in unison.

 

It was beautiful. The fireworks made the sky brighter that night. Different colors and forms, some of which are even shapes, can be seen on the clear night sky.

 

Minseok went back to his normal distance from you. Both of you stood up to watch the magical display above you better. He grabbed your hand and intertwined his fingers with yours again, but this time you didn’t utter a word of refusal. Instead, you just went with the flow like the river that was in front of you.