Chapter 8: The Painful Truth

BAD BOY GOOD GIRL (BBGG)

IU’s POV

 

I was so pissed off right now. How come that guy became the centre of attention at my own house? I was the one who should get all my harabuhji’s attention. Now, tada… I was stuck in the kitchen, making some drink for that idiot guy!

 

“Jieun-ah… is that your boyfriend? He’s so good looking and well mannered.” Mrs. Han giggled. Mrs. Han was the only maid in my harabuhji’s house. Since my harabuhji didn’t like so many peoples to live in his house, we only have Mrs. Han as the maid and Mr.Han, her husband as the driver of my harabuhji. They work for my harabuhji since I was little. Usually, Mrs. Han will cook for my harabuhji and the whole mansion will be cleaned by housekeeping agency regularly. And why I need to help her in the kitchen right now? Because my harabuhji told me to do so since he thought I was just interrupting his conversation with that idiot guy. Yeah…I interrupted their conversation a lot because I knew that idiot guy was trying to create some misunderstanding again. Ughh…I was so worried that he will talk nonsense things to my harabuhji right now!

 

“Ahjumma…he is not my boyfriend. I told you earlier that he’s just a friend of mine from France right? He will stay here only for three days because he missed the train to his hometown in Busan. ” I lowered my voice since I felt sorry for lying to her and my harabuhji. Great… I was a big liar like the idiot guy now!

 

“But you never told us that you have a guy friend. We used to visit you in France right? Just admit it if he is really your boyfriend, your harabuhji really likes him…can’t you see? He’s a good guy anyway.”Mrs. Han laughed at Jieun.

 

“Ahjumma…I’ll be so mad if you don’t stop teasing me. For the last time, I want you to clear all the misunderstandings…HE IS NOT MY BOYFRIEND AND HE WILL NEVER BE!” I started to lose my patience when thinking about the idiot guy but I tried to cover my emotion since I was talking to ahjumma that I love the most. What’s up with everyone trying to match making me with the idiot guy? Huh…I pouted, pretending to sulk.

 

“Aigoo…my cute Jieun. Okay, I’ll stop teasing you…but feel free to admit if you like him.”Mrs.Han laughed again, louder that before.

 

“Ahjumma….” I pretended to get angry with her but then I laughed together with her. I can never get angry with Mrs. Han since she’s likes a mother to me.

 

 



Wooyoung’s POV

 

I’m so relieved when IU left to the kitchen. She has been sitting beside her harabuhji, glaring at me with her death glare the whole time…and each time I opened my mouth, she looked like she can eat me alive any time…I mean in a harsh way like a lion ate a rabbit, not a ert way okay…it’s better if she looked at me in a ert way though, it didn’t scare me too much if she did…wait, what was I thinking? Since when did you have this kind of thought Wooyoung? I shook my head…

 

“Jason…are you alright?” Suddenly IU’s harabuhji called me.  I stop shaking my head, coming back to reality.

 

“Yeah harabuhji…I just feel a bit dizzy…” I smiled cheerfully at him, trying to hide my bad thought.

 

“So…how long have been you known our Jieun? Jieun never told us about you…”

 

Crap…what to say? Just say anything Wooyoung…“Ah…I have known IU for about…err…two years I think.” I felt sorry for lying to this great grandfather but I can’t help it…sorry harabuhji…

 

“You know what…I’m so glad that she actually has a friend in France…I think you know that Jieun is really cold with people and it’s really hard for her to make friends…the only friend that she has in Korea is Luna…well, that’s because they have been known each other since kindergarten and Luna is always there for her when Jieun needs someone by her side.” Harabuhji breath in deeply.

 

Huh…I knew it! With her cold personality and bad temper, no one will dare to be friends with her. Plus with all her high pitch shouting and yelling…I doubt that anyone can stand her!

 

“She’s not like that when she was little…she used to be a cheerful and friendly kid. But everything change when her parents…” Harabuhji tried to control her voice, somehow trying to endure some pain? I look at his sad face…I really wanted to know more about IU…why? I can’t figure it out.

 

“What about her parents harabuhji?”I asked eagerly.

 

“You know that her parents already passed away when she was nine right? Since then, I sent her to live with her aunt in France because I can’t stand seeing her to live in memories of her parents here…but I’m glad she’s willing to come back to Korea for my birthday after ten years. Before this, I used to visit her in France with Mr and Mrs. Han.” Harabuhji smiled at me. I knew he tried to hold back all the sadness that he felt for her granddaughter.

 

“Yeah…I know that harabuhji. But you have a kind hearted and filial granddaughter, harabuhji…she’s willing to help people in need.” I felt really terrible after hearing the story about IU but I continue to smile at harabuhji and I was being honest about how kind hearted and filial she was. I can see her sincerity to help me even though I was blackmailing her…and she tried to hold her temper many times when dealing with all the troubles that caused by me in order to meet his grandfather.

 

“And you know what…I’m so glad that she let you to call her IU, that’s a big step for her in letting go the past memories of her parents…she never let anyone to call her with that name since her parents died because that’s a special nickname given by her parents…it means you and I but IU sounds better than UI right?”Harabuhji smiled again, making me felt even worse.

 

God…what have I done? I dragged her mother into my lies and I even talked random things about death and all involving her mother…and I even called her with special name given by her late parents…Jang Wooyoung, you’re such an ignorance jerk! I really need to apologize to her…but how?