Chapter 45: The Graduation

BAD BOY GOOD GIRL (BBGG)

 

“Jieun...Wooyoung...congratulations. I’m so proud of you two, my babies.” Mrs. Jang hugged Jieun and Wooyoung tightly.

 

“Mom...you want to kill us?” Wooyoung tried to release himself from the hug. Today was their graduation day and Wooyoung’s parents came back from their business trip a day before the graduation to celebrate it with them.

 

“Wooyoung-ah...I’m so happy that I get to hear you calling me that again...I thought I’ll never hear you calling me mom again.” Mrs. Jang started to sob as he pulled Wooyoung into a tight hug again. Jieun smiled brightly that day...she’s also glad to hear Wooyoung calling her mom with an appropriate name, somehow she’s so proud of him.

 

“Mom...you’re such a drama queen. Stop it okay...this is so embarrassing, everyone is looking at us. Dad, help me out, will you?” Wooyoung whined, nudging his dad that stood still beside them.

 

“Okay...that’s enough Si-young...we need to take pictures of the kids, right?” Mr. Jang broke the hug, pulling away his wife.

 

“Oh, I forgot...Come on kids, pose for the camera okay.” Mrs. Jang excitedly taking out her camera as she stepped away from her kids, choosing the right angle to snap photos of them. Mr. Jang went to buy some drinks for them.

 

“So, congratulations Lee Jieun.” Wooyoung whispered suddenly. Jieun glanced at him for a while but she looked back at the direction of the camera when Mrs. Jang ordered them to look in front.

 

“You too...congratulations Jang Wooyoung. You get a really good result.” Jieun praised while smiling at the camera.

 

“I told you before...I already proved it to you. I can be serious about my life.” Wooyoung said calmly, smiling sweetly at the camera.

 

“You don’t have to prove it to me...you did it for yourself and be proud of it.” Jieun responded, making Wooyoung smiled proudly.

 

“I’m always proud of myself, like you always said...and yes, I did it for myself...also for you.” Wooyoung stood closer to Jieun. Their arms slightly touched...Jieun looked at Wooyoung, confused with his last words...’for me?’

 

“Kids, stop talking for a while...you will ruin the pictures if you keep talking. Wooyoung, stands closer to Jieun.” Mrs. Jang suddenly ordered, feeling unsatisfied with the pictures she took.

 

Wooyoung wrapped his arms around Jieun’s shoulders, pulling her closer to him...he bended down a little, whispering to her...

 

“I think you owe me a wish.”

 

Jieun gulped, suddenly remembered about her deal with Wooyoung...she needed to grant his wish if he got a good result...she turned to look at Wooyoung and at the same time, Wooyoung was staring at her and....

 

KLIK

 

“Omo, omo,omo...I think I just snapped the best picture ever.” Mrs. Jang squeled happily, looking at the picture of Jieun and Wooyoung’s lips slightly touched...

 

Jieun and Wooyoung broke the contact immediately, looking away from each other in embarrassment. Luckily there were only three of them there...or else they might have made a free show in front of the public.

 

“Aigoo...my kids are so cute.” Mrs. Jang smiled slyly at both of them that looked red, blushing...

 

“It was just an accident mom.” Wooyoung defended himself. Jieun nodded slowly

 

“I never say anything about it.” Mrs. Jang teased, making Wooyoung blushed even more. Jieun stood there awkwardly, avoiding Mrs. Jang’s suspicious gazes at both of them.

 

“Mom...are you done yet? W-We’re kinda tired you know.” Wooyoung tried to change the topic, hoping that his mom will stop talking about it. He knew Jieun was so embarrassed with his mother...because him, himself felt like digging a hole to hide his blushing face right now.

 

“Yes...I’m done...I just got the best masterpiece ever. You guys can keep talking if you want, I’ll leave you guys alone here but don’t be too naughty kids.” Mrs. Jang continued to tease while laughing...

 

“Mom/omma!!!” Wooyoung and Jieun said at the same time.

 


 

 

Wooyoung’s POV

 

How am I going to confess if I can’t even look at her in the eyes right now? It was just an accident but still, it was the best graduation present ever. I smiled, touching my lips...aishh, what am I thinking right now? I scratched my head, messing my hairs a little...I’m not prepared for this, maybe I should confess later...not today. I glanced at Jieun that chatted happily with my noisy parents and Luna...well, I got no chance to talk with her in private anyway...

 

“Yo dude.” I turned to face the person who’s tapping my shoulder from behind...it was Nichkhun. The rest of my friends stood behind Nichkhun, grinning at me. I was glad to see them coming to my graduation ceremony.

 

“Congratulations.” They wished in unison.

 

“Finally, you finished your high school dude.” Taecyeon patted my shoulder lightly.

 

“Thanks to someone.” Junsu wrapped his hand around my shoulders while looking at Jieun that seemed unaware of their presence. Yeah...thanks to her...she’s the one who motivated me to continue my study. I planned to apply on college next...of course in Korea.

 

I glanced at Jieun but then I remembered about Junho. I looked at Junho as he was staring at Jieun...I bet he still got a thing for her. I sighed deeply, thinking about proper words to be said...

 

“Yo dude...stop staring, she’s already taken.” Chansung lightly punched Junho’s shoulder, making him flinched a little...and he stopped staring at Jieun, focusing his sight on us. Well, that’s a relief...I felt uneasy seeing him staring at my Jieun. Wait, she’s not mine to begin with...not yet...

 

“I know dude...I won’t mess with my friend’s girl.” Junho answered calmly, looking at me. He didn’t sound mad or something....phewww.

 

“Are you okay dude?” I asked carefully.

 

“Of course. You met her first...I’ll just find someone else to hit on.” Junho said playfully, winking at me. I can assure that he’s fine with it. He’s Junho anyway...

 

“I want to congratulate Jieun.” Junho walked away, heading towards Jieun followed by the other guys...only Chansung left beside me.

 

“Believe me...he’s kinda having a hard time to get over her. Jieun is really something I must say. You and Junho are totally under her spell.” Chansung laughed, looking at Junho that seemed happy greeting Jieun. Jieun smiled sweetly at him. Okay...why I got this strange feeling inside me?

 

“Jealous huh?” Chansung suddenly smirked at me. I cleared up my throat.

 

“N-No...why should I?” I denied...I just felt uneasy, not jealousy...perhaps.

 

“Your expressions are so readable dude.” He teased again, pointing at my face.

 

“Whatever.” I replied mindlessly.

 

“So, have you confessed to her?” Chansung asked, raising his eyebrows. I rubbed my nape...that was the problem dude.

 

“No. I’m not ready yet...and I don’t know how to...” I answered honestly.

 

“What??? Yah...are you really Jang Wooyoung?” Chansung laughed at me...I knew it.

 

“Y-Yah...stop laughing. People are looking at us!” I reminded him while looking around as few peoples started to look at us.

 

“Oh...okay.” Finally he stopped laughing like crazy.

 

“Come on dude...I’m serious. I’m speechless each time I tried to confess...I already confessed to her once but I don’t think she will remember that.” I loosened up my neck tie, feeling uncomfortable with the formal attire that I needed to wear for today.

 

“Dude...it’s not that you never have any experience with girls before...you used to be a player back then. Well, maybe you’re not as pro as me but still, you had that player tittle.” Chansung scoffed. I knew he’s tring his best to hold back his laughter. Laughed as much as you wanted dude, but you will never understand how I felt right now.

 

“Yah...I never confess to anyone okay, those girls confessed to me first...and Jieun is different, she’s not one of those girls. You will never get what I mean dude.” I glanced at Jieun. She’s joking around with my friends and they’re laughing happily. I wonder what they’re talking about...I shot a death glare at Junho that stood so close to her but no one were looking at me. Chansung patted my back, trying to comfort me while chuckling.

 

“Confess to her as soon as possible...make her yours. Then it’s settled, you don’t need to be jealous of them anymore.” Chansung crossed his arms, looking at me with his serious look.

 

“I wish it’s as easy as you think it is.” I chuckled, still glancing at Jieun occasionally.

 

“Dude...believe me. It will flow out naturally if you really love her. Be a man dude.” Chansung smiled slyly.

 

“I do love her...and I’m a man.” I said confidently.

 

“Then prove it.” Chansung dared. I glared at him as he was smirking at me...I will dude.

 

“Ahhh...we will leave Korea tomorrow...before we leave, we need to gather together for the last time. So, you need to spare your time with us today. No excuse.” Chansung added, grinning at me.

 

“Yah...it’s not that we will never see each other again after this. I will visit you guys in US and you guys can always visit me here.” Nothing will change between us even though I chose not to come back to US with them...they’re still my best friends and I will always find my time to meet them.

 

“Duh...just spend your time with us today and learn how to be a real man like me.” Chansung said proudly, lifting his collar...and he continued bragging.

 

“Yeah...sure.” I chuckled, not paying any attention to his self-praising words. Now I knew how Jieun felt each time I bragged about myself to her. It’s surely annoying...luckily he’s my bestfriend.

 

END OF WOOYOUNG’S POV



 

 

“Jieun...I’ll stay over at my friends’ place today.” Wooyoung whispered to Jieun when he finally got the chance to stand beside her again. His parents and friends stood not far away from them, chatting with each other.

 

“Oh...okay.” Jieun replied. ‘Why are you telling me this anyway?’

 

“I really need to talk with you later...in private.” He whispered again, not wanting for anyone to hear their conversations.

 

Jieun bit her lower lips...’You wanted to tell me that you will leave, right?’

 

"Joong Ki oppa called me before...he said that he can't come to celebrate our graduation day because he has an important exam today. He asked me to congratulate you...and he said he's proud of you." Jieun said calmly, telling Joong Ki's messages to Wooyoung.

 

"Oh...I will meet him later." Wooyoung assured as he really wanted to meet Joong Ki and thanking him properly for spending his time tutoring him and Jieun...he's really a good hyung to Wooyoung. Wooyoung owed him a lot.

 

"That's good...Joong Ki oppa did a lot of things for us. We owe him." Jieun smiled, remembering about her kind, warm-hearted Joong Ki oppa. Wooyoung nodded, agreeing with her words about Joong Ki.

 

“And you better remember this...you owe me a wish as well.” Wooyoung added playfully, reminding her.

 

“Yo dude...come on. Your parents already give their permission. Let’s go. Jieun-shi...we will leave now...” Junho suddenly interrupted their conversation.

 

“Oh...let’s go.” Wooyoung quickly dragged Junho away when Junho was about to give a goodbye hug to Jieun.

 

“Dude...at least let me gives a proper goodbye hug to her, will you?” Junho whispered.

 

“No.” Wooyoung answered sternly when they’re quite far from Jieun.

 

“You’re quite possessive huh?” Junho teased.

 

“I am.” Wooyoung answered with a serious voice.

 

“Okay...I give up.” Junho chuckled. Finally, he only waved at Jieun frantically, followed by the other guys before they left the hall where the graduation ceremony took place.

 

Jieun stopped waving when all the guys disappeared from her sight...she let out a soft chuckle...

 

‘Goodbye guys...and Wooyoung...I probably won’t see you guys again...especially you, Wooyoung. Please take care of yourself and be well Wooyoung...’