Chapter 40: Clear Up

BAD BOY GOOD GIRL (BBGG)

 

Wooyoung walked into the coffee house, searching for a familiar figure that he supposed to meet there.

 

“Wooyoung-ah...here!” Gina called him as soon as she saw him.

 

“Nuna...sorry I’m late. I come here straight away after school.” He grinned, making a ‘sorry’ look cutely.

 

“Stop it. I know you’re cute enough. You look even cuter with your school uniform.” Gina smiled, observing Wooyoung that was still in his uniform.

 

“Nuna...stop calling me cute. That was embarrassing for a tough guy like me you know.” Wooyoung complained, refusing the ‘cute’ title from Gina.

 

“Okay...fine. The manly Wooyoung...how’s your school? You look busy these days.” Gina asked, looking straight at Wooyoung while cupping her face.

 

“Disaster...we got a lot of tests these days, that’s why I’m quite busy and Jieun won’t let me wasting my time anymore. That girl always bugs me with all the practice questions that Joong Ki hyung prepared for us. She was like...Wooyoung, do this....do that....I can’t stand her.” He complained...unconsciously, smiling as he talked about Jieun. Gina’s expression stiffened all of a sudden.

 

“But you like it, right?” Gina asked...her voice started to sound uneasy as Wooyoung kept talking about Jieun.

 

“Nuna...why?” Wooyoung asked as he realized that Gina’s expressions changed drastically...she was smiling happily before but now she looked moody all of a sudden.

 

“Do you realize that you always talk about Jieun when we met? It was like...all the time.” Gina crossed her arms, observing Wooyoung’s reaction.

 

“What? No, I’m not...I’m telling you about my life...Jieun is...” He paused.

 

“Jieun is a part of your life too, right? Oh no...I think your life is all about her. Am I right?” Gina asked calmly, looking straight into Wooyoung’s eyes.

 

Wooyoung was speechless, thinking about Gina’s question carefully. ‘Is she that important to me? Lee Jieun...when did my life become all about you? I don’t even realize that...’

 

“Hello...Wooyoung-ah...can you hear me?” Gina waved her hands in front of Wooyoung’s face when he didn’t response to her question.

 

“Uh...sorry, nuna...I wasn’t paying attention. Did you ask me something?” He asked bluntly.

 

“Ah...nothing, forget it. By the way, I’ll return to US next week.” Gina sipped her coffee, looking away from Wooyoung.

 

“Why so soon? You’re still on your semester break, right? Besides, the other guys are still in Busan, right?” Wooyoung asked continuously, looking at Gina that looked bothered.

 

“Well, I need to finish my project with my friend and the other guys won’t return with me. They said that they won’t leave without you...so, they will stay in Korea until your graduation. After that, they will return to US with you.” Gina smiled as she observed Wooyoung’s reaction again. ‘Now, let’s see...whether you will admit it or not.’

 

“Me? Return to US?” Wooyoung gulped...suddenly, he didn’t like the idea of him returning to US after the graduation. ‘What are you thinking, Wooyoung? You want to leave Korea as soon as possible, right? Well, you can leave after the graduation...dad had promised that you can leave after that. But why...why I feel like I don’t want to leave this place?’

 

“Why? You want to stay here? Perhaps because of someone here?” Gina asked, trying to trap him.

 

Wooyoung lifted his head, looking at Gina...suddenly he thought about Jieun...’I think I really don’t want to leave her...but what about my life in US? My friends and everything...Lee Jieun, what have you done to me?’

 

Gina burst into laughter upon seeing Wooyoung’s flustered face. Wooyoung looked at her blankly as he didn’t have any idea why Gina was laughing at him.

 

“Hey...don’t make that kind of face. I’m just joking about the guys won’t return to US without you. It’s your choice...if you decide to stay here, they will accept that. Me as well, I’ll accept it...you don’t need to leave Korea if you don’t want too. I think you will never have the heart to leave Jieun.” Gina said calmly, smiling at Wooyoung.

 

“Nuna...how do you know that I...” Wooyoung paused.

 

“How do I know that you like...no, you love Jieun?” Gina raised her eyebrows, still smiling.

 

Wooyoung widened his eyes...’Am I too obvious?’

 

“Wooyoung-ah...I knew it all along, since I saw you kissed her under the tree when we’re having party at your house and Jieun almost drown that day. You cried for her and I never saw you cry before...not even once. Honestly, I tried to make our relationship work out since I knew how you felt about me but when I observed the way you look at Jieun, the way you treat her and all, I realized that you already fall for her and there is no space for me anymore. I mean, I never see you treat any girl like you treat Jieun...sometimes you’re so mean towards her but I knew you care about her and your jealousy towards her relationship with Joong Ki-shi is so obvious.” Gina said sincerely, trying to clear up everything between them.

 

“But nuna...my feelings towards you are true. I do love you.” Wooyoung added, actually unsure about his own words.

 

“Believe me Wooyoung. I think the feelings that you have for me are only feelings that a brother has for his sister. You’re very protective when it comes to matter about me and even if you really have a crush on me before, I think it’s already fade away a long time ago. The one that you love right now is Jieun...it’s so obvious. I hope you appreciate her, Wooyoung. She is a nice and innocent girl. Everything about her is so pure.” Gina smiled, remembering about Jieun.

 

“Yeah...she is the innocent, pure and stupid Lee Jieun.” Wooyoung chuckled.

 

“But she’s the one you love. Am I right?” Gina winked at him. Wooyoung looked down, feeling embarrassed all of a sudden.

 

“By the way, you look so startled when I pretended to swing the mood when you talked about Jieun just now. That’s so funny...I never see you losing your coolness like that.” Gina giggled, teasing Wooyoung.

 

“Yah nuna...you’re fooling around with me? I’m so shocked you know...no wonder you look weird just now.” Wooyoung widened his eyes, not expecting that Gina purposely trying to provoke him.

 

“I was trying to see your reaction...and no doubt, it was fun seeing you flustered because of a girl. My Wooyoung already grown up now...nuna feel very proud of it.” Gina continued to tease as Wooyoung flushed.

 

“Nuna...stop it.” He exclaimed.

 

“So, my little brother, Jang Wooyoung is officially in love with Lee Jieun huh?” Gina said playfully as Wooyoung slowly nodded.

 

“I guess so.”

 


 


Wooyoung walked home happily as he felt the burden that he held in his heart all this while totally disappeared the moment he walked out of the coffee house...the moment he bid farewell to Gina before she returned to US. Right now, he only wanted to see Lee Jieun as soon as possible. Only Lee Jieun...

 

“Wooyoung-ah.” He turned to look at the person who called him when he walked past the mini garden in front of his house.

 

“Joong Ki-hyung?” He walked towards Joong Ki that was sitting on the swing while smiling at him.

 

“Why you come home so late?” Joong Ki asked as Wooyoung sat beside him.

 

“Oh...I need to meet someone. What are you doing here hyung? We don’t have any tutor class today.” Wooyoung looked at him as he smiled, stretching a little.

 

“I come to send some useful notes to Jieun and you. Your final examination is just around the corner. So, you guys need those notes.” Joong Ki said calmly while giving foods to the fishes in the pond beside the swing.

 

“Oh...where is Jieun?” Wooyoung asked as he didn’t see her around there.

 

“She is cooking in the kitchen. She said that she want to cook something for me. Well, I want to help her but she doesn’t allow me to...so, I sit here instead.” Joong Ki answered.

 

“Jieun cook? I wonder how the dishes will taste. Hyung, you better be prepared. She doesn’t even know how to cook ramen properly.” Wooyoung chuckled as he remembered seeing her self-cooked ramen when their maid was on leave for a day. Jieun put too much water and she overcooked the ramen...so, in the end the ramen tasted bland and it looked terrible...finally, Wooyoung cooked pasta for her since she looked so hungry. She refused to eat the pasta at first since Wooyoung too much about her terrible ramen but in the end, she still ate the pasta since she didn’t have any other option left. After that, she never cook again as their maid will cook for them and sometimes, Wooyoung will cook for her.

 

“That stupid girl...” Wooyoung muttered while smiling. Joong Ki took a quick glance at him.

 

“I don’t mind if I get stomach ache or something after I eat her dishes. She cooks it sincerely for me, so I won’t whine about it.” Joong Ki said confidently while smiling. He knew Wooyoung was taken aback by his words as Wooyoung looked at him without blinking.

 

“Why...you don’t believe me?” Joong Ki winked at him.

 

Wooyoung snapped out and then he looked down, doubting himself all of a sudden...’What if Jieun fall for this guy? Even though I hate to admit this but he is a lot better than me...’

 

“Wooyoung-ah...this time, can you be honest to me?” Joong Ki suddenly asked, tapping Wooyoung’s shoulder. Wooyoung lifted his head, looking at Joong Ki.

 

“You love Jieun?” Joong Ki asked bluntly.

 

“Hyung...why, all of a sudden you asked me that question?” Wooyoung tried to cover up his nervousness as he looked away, avoiding Joong Ki’s gaze.

 

“Because I want to know...and I need to know.” Joong Ki answered, staring at Wooyoung.

 

Wooyoung cleared his throat...’Okay, why everyone wants me to admit my feelings towards Jieun today? It was Gina nuna before...and now Joong Ki hyung? What’s up with today?’

 

“You’re not answering me Jang Wooyoung.” Joong Ki looked at him impatiently, demanding for his confession.

 

“Um...I guess so.” After a while, Wooyoung gave the same answer as he told Gina before.

 

“Well, that’s enough for me. You admit it, finally.” Joong Ki sighed deeply.

 

“You love her too, right?” Wooyoung asked, glancing at Joong Ki that looked frustrated. Joong Ki nodded weakly.

 

“But she doesn’t feel the same.” Joong Ki answered simply, trying his best to smile.

 

“How do you know that? You confessed to her?” Wooyoung asked eagerly.

 

“No...but I just know that. Maybe he likes someone else.” Joong Ki glanced at Wooyoung, giving some hints to him...’I hope you’re smart enough to understand me, Wooyoung.’

 

“She likes someone else? But how do you know that? She told you? Did she tell you about that someone? Can you tell me about it?” Wooyoung asked continuously as Joong Ki rolled his eyes in annoyance.

 

“I won’t tell you...maybe if you get good grades on your examination, I’ll tell you later.” Joong Ki winked at him before he made his way into the house, leaving Wooyoung behind.

 

“Ah...hyung! Tell me now!” Wooyoung whined like a small child as he ran towards Joong Ki, bugging him.

 

“Oppa.” All of a sudden Jieun came from the kitchen, wearing a yellow apron. She stared at both of them weirdly as Wooyoung was grabbing Joong Ki’s arm and Joong Ki struggled to shove him away while laughing...both of the stopped when they saw Jieun staring at them.

 

“What are you two doing?” She asked confusedly.

 

“Nothing.” Both of them answered in unison.

 

“Okay then...let’s eat. I already finished cooking. Wooyoung, you’re lucky today because I cook a lot for three of us.” She said nonchalantly and then she walked away, heading towards the kitchen.

 

When Jieun disappeared from their sight, Joong Ki whispered to Wooyoung...

 

“Yah...I will tell you about that someone if you arrive at the kitchen...before me.” And at that instant, Joong Ki ran away from Wooyoung. Wooyoung widened his eyes as he saw Joong Ki running away. He ran after him as fast as possible, like they used to do when they were little...competing with each other.

 

“Yah...hyung! That was not fair at all...wait for me!”