Chapter 35: Break The Rules

BAD BOY GOOD GIRL (BBGG)

 

“Yah...Lee Jieun...Lee Jieun....hello....hello....” Wooyoung poked Jieun’s arm with his index finger playfully. Jieun ignored him as she was focusing her sight on something else.

 

“Yah...Lee Jieun...i’m talking to you...” Wooyoung whispered slowly, continuing to poke her arm. Jieun rolled her eyes in annoyance.

 

“Jang Wooyoung...stop it. We’re in class right now. Can you please pay some attentions to our teacher?” Jieun hissed slowly without looking at Wooyoung.

 

“Blerghh...history is so boring. There’s no way I’ll listen to that bald man anyway...” Wooyoung pointed his index finger towards their teacher that was writing something on the board. Their history teacher turned out to be a discipline teacher in their school as well. Wooyoung always got caught by him for sleeping in the class or coming late to the school.

 

“Yah...have some respects towards him. He’s our teacher.” Jieun glared at Wooyoung  while poking his head a little. Wooyoung grabbed her hand, trying to stop her from poking his head.

 

“Mr. Jang! Miss Lee! What are you doing in my class?” All of a sudden their history teacher yelled as he saw Wooyoung held Jieun’s hand when he turned around to face his students after writing a long sentence on the board. Wooyoung let go of Jieun’s hand immediately.

 

“Uh...nothing sir.” Wooyoung rubbed his nape. Jieun looked down as she felt embarrassed with all the stares from her classmates and teacher.

 

“I’m surprised that you are awake in my class today...Mr. Jang. By the way Miss Lee...did Mr. Jang disturbing you or something? Just tell me and I’ll handle him later.” Their teacher asked while glaring at Wooyoung. He had some bad impressions on Wooyoung since Wooyoung managed to place his name on the list of problematic students in their school in short period of time, about less than a year.

 

Uh...that was unfair. Trying to blame it on me huh, bald man? Well, it’s particularly my fault anyway...I’m the one who’s disturbing Jieun. Jieun is one of his best students after all...of course he will trust her.’  Wooyoung thought as he looked at Jieun, waiting for her response. He don’t mind if she blamed it on him since it was really his fault.

 

“No sir...he’s not disturbing me. We’re just...err...discussing about something.” Jieun lifted her head, looking straight at their history teacher that was folding his arms while looking at Wooyoung sternly. As soon as she said that, the teacher averted his gazes towards Jieun as he frowned, feeling unsatisfied with Jieun’s answer.

 

“Discussing something else in my class huh? Teenagers nowadays are so bold, being lovey dovey on class...Miss Lee, Mr. Jang...I hope this kind of thing won’t happen again in my class or else I’ll kick both of you out of my class. Now, focus on my class!” The history teacher yelled harshly while glaring at Wooyoung and Jieun. Jieun nodded quickly while Wooyoung rolled his eyes in annoyance.

 

“Uh...it’s better if you kick us out now...then, I don’t need to stay in your boring class.” Wooyoung mumbled mindlessly when their teacher turned around to face the board.

 

“You said something Mr. Jang?” The teacher turned around again to face Wooyoung when he heard him mumbling something.

 

“Um...I’m just saying that I don’t mind if you kick us out now. We really did wrong.” Wooyoung said nonchalantly while Jieun widened her eyes. She kicked Wooyoung’s leg under the table angrily. Wooyoung groaned in pain while looking at Jieun.

 

“What was that for?” He asked innocently.

 

“Shut up!”Jieun mouthed while glaring at him.

 

Both of them kept mouthing words that only they understood towards each other. Somehow, they look like idiots, making a free show in the middle of the class. Their classmates started to make some noises and some of them were laughing at those two. Their teacher started to lose his patience seeing that situation as he scratched his bald head continuously while gritting his teeth. Luckily he didn’t have any hairs left on his head or else he might end up pulling out the hairs. Finally, he slammed a long wooden ruler on his table, making a loud sound that left everyone in the class speechless. He glared at Wooyoung and Jieun as he felt that both Wooyoung and Jieun were interrupting his class.

 

“Both of you...stand up and get out from my class now!” Wooyoung and Jieun gulped nervously when their teacher yelled loudly. They turned white upon seeing his angry face. Wooyoung grabbed Jieun’s hand and then they left the class immediately without turning back.

 

“SILENT!!!” From afar, they can hear their history teacher yelled, trying to stop the huge commotion inside the class when Wooyoung and Jieun left as their classmates kept gossiping about them.

 

Jieun pulled away her hand when they’re quite far from the class. Wooyoung turned around to face her. All of a sudden, he burst into laughing uncontrollably while holding his stomach.

 

“Yah...did you see that?...haha...did you see that bald guy face? That was damn funny...” Wooyoung continued to laugh. Jieun stared at him. She was angry at first but now she’s amused to see Wooyoung laughing like crazy.

 

“Yah...you still have the guts to laugh huh? What is so funny about being kicked out from the class?” Jieun asked, laughing a little.

 

“Then, why you laugh too?” Wooyoung asked back, still laughing so hard.

 

“Babo...I laugh because of your funny face, laughing like an idiot.” Jieun answered while pointing at Wooyoung’s face.

 

“I look like an idiot? Seriously Lee Jieun? Everyone says that I look cute when I’m laughing...not idiot.” Wooyoung said proudly.

 

“Seriously Jang Wooyoung...can’t you just stop bragging about yourself? You make me wanna puke every time you did that. By the way, congratulation...you just ruined my good student image. How am I supposed to face our classmates and the teachers after this? That’s so embarrassing.” Jieun crossed her arms while glaring at Wooyoung, trying her best to stay mad at him since this is the first time for her, being scolded by a teacher and worst of all, being told to get out from the class!

 

“Aish...chill out, will you? It’s not that world is going to end up because of that.” Wooyoung said playfully.

 

“Perhaps not your world...but my world will!” Jieun yelled and then he punched Wooyoung’s shoulder.

 

“Ouch...that’s hurt! Oh come on...I save you from that boring class. By the way, I saw you dozed off earlier, that’s why I talk to you.” Wooyoung claimed, giving his excuses while rubbing his shoulder.

 

“What? No I’m not!” Jieun widened her eyes.

 

“Yes, you are. Admit it...maybe you’re too tired after a tiring PE class.” Wooyoung chuckled.

 

Jieun looked away. She needed to admit that she’s so tired after the PE class. Since she hated PE class the most, so she always ended up doing the same routine several times before she could barely passed the evaluation. PE always made her life harder. ‘I didn’t doze off, right? I mean...yes, I’m tired but there’s no way I would sleep in class like Wooyoung did most of the time.’

 

“Okay...don’t be mad. Let me show you something interesting about this school.” Wooyoung said playfully and then he dragged her towards the admin building, the tallest building in their school.

 

“Yah...where are you taking me? Students are not allowed to be here.” Jieun complained while trying to pull away her hand from Wooyoung’s grasp. But Wooyoung didn’t let her go.

 

“You need to learn this...break the rules.” Wooyoung said calmly without turning back as he continued to drag her towards the rooftop of the building.

 

The soft breeze blew Jieun’s hairs as soon as they reached the rooftop. She gasped upon seeing beautiful scenery from the rooftop. She can see the whole school area as well as the district where they live from there. The ‘mugunghwa’(rose of Sharon)flower trees planted around their school started to bloom beautifully, making the whole school looked more captivating.

(***this is mugunghwa trees><***)

 

“Beautiful, isn’t it?” Wooyoung smiled at her.

 

Jieun nodded slowly while smiling...”But we’re so dead if someone see us here.”

 

“Aigoo...stop worrying about that. Come here, you can get a clearer view from here.” Wooyoung was standing on the edge of the rooftop while spreading his arms, enjoying the soft breeze.

 

Jieun gulped nervously. She felt dizzy all of a sudden upon imagining herself standing at the edge of the rooftop. She stepped back a little when she realized that she was too close to the edge of the rooftop. Wooyoung turned around to face Jieun when he realized that Jieun didn’t say a word.

 

“Yah...what’s wrong? Come here.” Wooyoung offered his right hand but Jieun shook her head continuously.

 

“It’s okay...I’ll just watch it from here.” She said quickly.

 

“Come on...you will enjoy this, trust me.” Wooyoung walked toward Jieun, trying to drag her towards the edge of the rooftop.

 

“Yah...I don’t want to. That’s dangerous you know. What if we fall or something?” Jieun pushed away Wooyoung’s hand when he tried to grab her hand.

 

Wooyoung took a quick glance at Jieun’s face and then he laughed all of a sudden.

 

“Lee Jieun...don’t tell me that you’re afraid of height?” He raised his eyebrows while observing Jieun’s reaction. Jieun cleared . Wooyoung smirked at her...’It’s so obvious...Lee Jieun.’

 

“N-No...I’m not. Of course I’m not...why should I? I just...um....think that it’s dangerous and...I-I don’t want to get myself into trouble again...What if-----” Jieun stuttered nervously, trying her best to give him the unsuspicious excuses that she could think of when Wooyoung suddenly stopped her.

 

He put his hands on her shoulders...“We won’t fall...I promise.” Wooyoung whispered to her softly and then he took her hand gently, taking her towards the edge of the rooftop. Jieun flinched when they’re already there but Wooyoung reassured her. He’s very sure that they won’t fall after all since there’s a fence at the edge of the rooftop that will prevent them from falling. He knew Jieun was aware of that condition but she was just afraid of the height and he knew Jieun won’t admit that.

 

“I can’t do it.” Jieun tried to step back after a second standing on the edge of the rooftop but Wooyoung stopped her.

 

“Close your eyes.” Wooyoung said softly. His hands were holding her hands firmly.

 

“W-What?” Jieun stuttered nervously, trying her best not to look down the building as she can feel her knees weaken because of uncontrollable fear. Her lips trembled.

 

“Trust me, will you?” Wooyoung added softly.

 

Jieun closed her eyes slowly as she can feel Wooyoung standing behind her while holding her hands. She managed to take a quick glance at the scenery before she accidently looked down the building, making her heart stopped beating for a second. It was a beautiful view but the height made everything turned out scary in her sight.

 

“Relax...there’s nothing to be afraid of. Now, feel the air. Inhale...exhale...inhale...exhale...” Wooyoung instructed as he spread Jieun’s arms together with his arms.

 

Jieun started to cool down, following Wooyoung’s instruction obediently. She can feel the soft wind hit face gently. She lifted her head a bit while smiling, enjoying the fresh air. ‘Um...this is not as scary as I thought it will be...but I won’t open my eyes, that’s still scary as hell.’

 

Wooyoung stared at Jieun’s angelic face as she closed her eyes while smiling. He could smell the fragrance of her hairs as they’re very close to each other. The soft wind blew away a few strands of her hairs towards his face but he didn’t bother to shove it away since he totally enjoyed the moment. He closed his eyes as he leaned in towards her head, trying to smell her hairs some more. ‘She smells really nice...’

 

“Yah...I think you watch too much Titanic.” Jieun giggled with her eyes still closed as she didn’t have the courage to open them for now and she’s oblivious about Wooyoung’s action.

 

“Uh...Titanic what?” Wooyoung opened his eyes at that instant as he looked at her, hoping that she won’t realize about his action just now. He sighed deeply, feeling relieved upon seeing Jieun’s eyes that were still closed.

 

“Why?” Jieun asked innocently as she heard him sighing deeply.

 

“Oh...nothing. I just realized that we look exactly like the main couple in Titanic. Spreading our arms to feel the air...haha...” Wooyoung fake an awkward laugh to cover up his nervousness. ‘Stupid Wooyoung...why are you sighing loudly? Calm down.’

 

“That’s what I’m saying...I hate that movie anyway, I only watched it because my aunt forced me to watch it with her.” Jieun complained.

 

“Uh...me too. I watched it because of that stupid Chansung guy forced me to watch it with him.” Wooyoung complained as well, remembering the day when he watched the movie with Chansung because of boredom. He ended up sleeping in the middle of the movie and until now, he didn’t know how the story ended.

 

“Jang Wooyoung...this is great. Thank you anyway for bringing me here even though I missed my history class because of you.” Jieun said calmly.

 

“No sweat...as long as you like it.” Wooyoung patted her shoulder while observing her calm face. ‘Luckily she closes her eyes...or else, I’m so busted!’

 

“Yeah...I think I like it...so much.” Jieun uttered as she stretched her arms while smiling happily. Wooyoung smiled upon seeing her cute movement.

 

“Lee Jieun...wanna watch movie with me this weekend?” Wooyoung asked carefully after he got the courage to do so.

 

Jieun opened her eyes at that instant as she’s surprised to hear his sudden question. She turned around to look at him. Wooyoung stared at her while smiling nervously. They were staring at each other for a few seconds before Jieun looked away. Wooyoung was still waiting for her answer when Jieun suddenly screamed in fear as she accidently looked down the building when she’s trying to avoid Wooyoung’s gaze. She turned around immediately, hiding her face on Wooyoung’s chest while screaming. Wooyoung chuckled while patting Jieun’s back lightly. He whispered to her softly...

 

“Well...I’ll take that as a ‘yes’.”



 

***mugunghwa flowers aka rose of Sharon is korea's national flower^^***