Chapter 31: Oppa...

BAD BOY GOOD GIRL (BBGG)

 

BUSSSHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

 

Jieun gasped for air while flapping her hands...She heard the guys cheered happily when Chansung threw her body into the swimming pool.

 

“I can’t swim...help...” She tried to shout while gasping for air.

 

“Nice joke Jieun-shi...” She heard Chansung laughing while crossing his arms.

 

“Jieun-shi...” She heard Junho calling her name in a panic voice when she started to sink. Then...everything went black ---------

 


 


Wooyoung’s POV

I heard a loud splashing sound when I walked towards the swimming pool to join my friends after I finally managed to calm down myself. Must be the guys joking around again. I was not interested to know the victim of their silly acts this time but my heart almost stopped beating when I heard Jieun’s weak voice shouting for help from the swimming pool direction. It can’t be...I knew Jieun can’t swim, harabuhji already told me before when I suggested Jieun to join the swimming club in our school instead of wandering around, doing nothing on weekends. Finally, she joined music club since she knew how to play guitar.

 

I ran towards the swimming pool as fast as I could, hoping that I heard it wrong. Then I saw Junho calling Jieun’s name in panic voice while the rest of the guys looked shocked as they froze in their place, doing nothing. Then I saw Jieun...started to sink helplessly. I jumped into the swimming pool in a split second, swimming towards Jieun as fast as I could...When I arrived at her position, she already sink a bit...so, I dived towards her. She was already unconscious when I grabbed her hands...I cupped her face and then I pecked , trying to transfer some air into her lung so that she kept breathing. Then I realized that Chansung also dived beside me, trying to help Jieun. We dragged her to the surface of water and then we managed to bring her out of the water. I lay her down beside the swimming pool. I started to feel extremely worried when she was still unconscious.

 

“Jieun-ah...what happened to her?” All of a sudden Gina noona ran towards Jieun when she saw her lay down beside the swimming pool.

 

“I’m just joking...I don’t know she can’t swim...I’m so sorry, Wooyoung.” Chansung said slowly, full of regret and guilt. All of us surrounded Jieun while looking at her worriedly. I wanted to shout at Chansung but I knew this was not the right time to be mad at him. I knew he didn’t mean to harm Jieun.

 

“This is not the right time to feel guilty...now, anyone knows CPR or something? We need to save her.” I asked desperately. I felt like crying right now but I knew that I needed to be strong in this situation. I knew that my voice started to crack due to uncontrollable emotion but I didn’t give a damn about it because I’m really scared of losing Lee Jieun right now. I grabbed her hands, hoping that she will know that I’m always by her side.

 

Everyone shook their heads in regret, feeling bad for not knowing anything about life-saving techniques. I tightened my grip on Jieun’s hands, trying to give her some strength.

 

“Damn!!! I wish that I learned CPR before!” I started to blurt out my emotion as tears started to run down my cheeks like a river. I realized that everyone else gasped in surprise especially Gina noona but I don’t care!

 

“Hello...I’m sorry if I’m disturbing you guys but I got a tutor class with my students today...Lee Jieun and Jang Wooyoung...so, where....” All of a sudden, I heard Song Joong Ki’s voice behind us. I turned around and I saw him looking at Jieun in surprise. Ahh...this guy is a medical student, he must know something about CPR.

 

“Lee Jieun...what happened to her?” He asked in surprise while rushing towards Jieun.

 

“Please help her, she is almost drown just now.” I said quickly while grabbing Joong Ki’s hands, asking him to do something about it.

 

Joong Ki started to check Jieun’s pulse.

 

“She is alive but her pulse is weak, we need to remove the excess water from her lung.” Joong Ki said quickly while pressing Jieun’s chest several times. Jieun started to blurt out the excess water but she was still unconscious.

 

“Uh...I think you need to do mouth to mouth breathing, like Wooyoung did to her just now.” Chansung said suddenly. I looked at Chansung weirdly. I never did that...

 

“I just transferred some air into her lung just now...” I said slowly.

 

“Oh...really? Luckily you did that...or else, she could die at that instant.” Joong Ki tapped my shoulder lightly.

 

All of a sudden, Joong Ki leaned in closer towards Jieun’s face. I stopped him when his face was about inch away from her face.

 

“Yah...what are you trying to do?” I asked curiously while clenching my fist.

 

“Dude...he wants to do mouth to mouth breathing since Jieun is still unconscious.” Nichkhun said calmly.

 

“This is not the right time to feel jealous Wooyoung.” Chansung whispered to me softly...soft enough to make me blushed in embarrassment.

 

Joong Ki leaned in towards Jieun again while lifting her chin gently...Ughh, how I wish that I could stop him but Jieun’s safety is the most important thing right now. When Joong Ki’s mouth was just inch away from Jieun’s mouth, Jieun started to blurt out more water and slowly...she opened her eyes. I sighed deeply, feeling relieved. Thank God!

 

“Jieun...are you okay?” Joong Ki asked her softly when she managed to sit properly.

 

“Joong Ki oppa? Why are you here? What happened?” Jieun asked weakly while looking at us in confuse.

 

“It’s a long story...” Joong Ki answered calmly like his usual calm and cool ways.

 

“I’m so sorry...Jieun-shi...” Chansung held Jieun’s hand, begging for her forgiveness as he almost killed her today. Jieun looked confused, trying to remember what’s actually happened today. After a while, she smiled at Chansung.

 

“It’s okay Chansung-shi...It’s not your fault, blame it on me for not knowing how to swim. I promise to learn swimming from now on.” She laughed a little. I knew that she tried to make Chansung felt better since he looked so guilty and sad right now, not like his usual crazy self.

 

I realized that she started to shiver, feeling cold. I grabbed a towel nearby and then I covered her wet body with the towel. She looked at me with a sad expression in her face. How I wish that I could hug her tightly right now but I knew that she wanted me to stay away from her. I only managed to look at her helplessly when everyone else hugged her gently one by one...Chansung sent me some weird gazes, maybe he felt weird to see me being all quiet as I didn’t talk at all. I cried a river when Jieun was unconscious, and now I didn’t even talk to her when she’s conscious. That was surely very weird...I just shrugged and he sent me some understanding looks in return. I’m not sure whether he really understands what I felt right now or he just wanted to make me felt better. No one understand that mysterious Chansung guy anyway...I kept looking at Jieun, hoping that she will understand how much I care for her.

 

END OF WOOYOUNG’S POV

 


 


Jieun refused to be admitted to the hospital as she claimed that she already felt better. Gina made some honey tea for Jieun, hoping that it will warm her a bit. Chansung and the rest of the guys kept apologizing for their overboard teases. Jieun just laughed, claiming that she is still alive right now and she didn’t mind at all. She even joked about how lucky those guys were...that she is still alive now, or else she will haunt them for the rest of their lives if she really died today. Finally, they decided to forget all the bad things that happened today. Wooyoung still didn’t have the courage to talk to Jieun as he felt like Jieun was trying to avoid him.

 

Since it was getting late, Gina and the rest of the guys decided to return to their hotel. Junho demanded to stay over at the mansion as he wanted to take care of Jieun too but he ended up being smacked in the head by the rest of the guys. Taecyeon claimed that Junho will only caused trouble to Jieun while Chansung claimed that Junho was not needed at all since Jieun already got Wooyoung and Joong Ki to take care of her. For some unknown reasons, Chansung managed to interact well with Joong Ki...that surprised Wooyoung a lot since he can’t interact that well with Joong Ki, well he never even tried to do so before this...but Chansung managed to make a good relationship with his cousin. Finally, Wooyoung made some random assumptions...maybe it’s because both of them were categorized into same weird, mysterious and hard-to-understand species, plus with same Mr. Perfect wannabe traits that made them clicked well with each other.

 

Joong Ki stayed over for a while as he needed to monitor Jieun’s condition. Jieun was lying on her bed, Joong Ki sat in a chair next to her while Wooyoung stood not far away from them, leaning his back against the wall.

 

“Oh oppa...why are here today? I thought we will start our tutor class next week...that’s why I’m not prepared at all today.” Jieun asked suddenly when she remembered about their tutor session that supposed to start next week.

 

“Actually...Wooyoung’s mother asked me to take a look at you guys when she’s not here. She even gave me the mansion key so that I can visit you guys whenever I want.” Joong Ki said clamly while checking Jieun’s pulse, making sure its beats normally per minute. He looked like a real doctor as he was so sure about what he’s doing right now.

 

“She gave you the key? When?” Wooyoung asked in disbelief.

 

“Yup, she gave it to me before she left to Milan with your father yesterday...or else, how I managed to enter your mansion without a key today?” Joong Ki asked, raising his eyebrows.

 

Wooyoung thought for a while...’Yeah...he suddenly approached us at the swimming pool today...I think I already locked the front door. I guess he really got the key...ughh, that ahjumma...’

 

“So kids, from now on...be careful of what you’re doing. I’ll visit you guys regularly until your parents came back. You can have a party but no wild party is allowed okay...and Wooyoung, make sure that things that happened today won’t happen again in the future. You got me?” Joong Ki looked at Wooyoung, waiting for his answer.

 

“Uh...yeah, sure...hyung.” Wooyoung answered slowly. He knew that he owed Joong Ki a lot for saving Jieun’s life. Somehow, he developed some respects towards Joong Ki today...because of Jieun. Wooyoung walked away, leaving Joong Ki and Jieun left in the room.

 

“Wow...I’m surprised. Is that the same Wooyoung that I used to know all my life?” Joong Ki asked in disbelief, feeling shocked to hear Wooyoung’s answer. For the first time, Wooyoung actually listened to him without any further complains that he used to make each time he disagreed with Joong Ki’s words.

 

Jieun widened her eyes in surprise. She was thinking the same things as Joong Ki...’Is that really Wooyoung?  What has gotten into him? Lee Jieun...you already decide to get over him. So, stop thinking about him...just stop!’

 

Jieun snapped out when she realized that Joong Ki was waving his hands in front of her face.

 

“Jieun...are you okay? You looks bothered...You felt hurt somewhere?” Joong Ki asked in concern.

 

“No, oppa...I’m perfectly fine. Thanks a lot for saving my life...I owe you a lot.” Jieun smiled weakly at Joong Ki.

 

“Well...that’s not enough...at least you need to treat me for a meal or something...” Joong Ki winked at Jieun while ruffling her hair gently.

 

“Yah...can you please take a good care of yourself properly? Each time oppa met you, you must be in danger or something. You almost make my heart stop beating today.” Joong Ki added while crossing his arms.

 

“Maybe oppa is destined to be my guardian angel that will protect me each time I’m in danger?” Jieun joked around while fixing her hairs that were in big mess.

 

“Um...maybe...I’m glad to be your guardian angel Lee Jieun...by the way, I don’t know what really happen between you and Wooyoung because you guys seemed so cold towards each other, but you need to know that Wooyoung actually save your life today. If he didn’t transfer some air into your lung...you could probably lie down in a coffin right now. So, you should thank him for that.” Joong Ki said calmly while preparing to leave after he’s sure that Jieun was healthy.

 

Jieun gasped. Suddenly she remembered that someone grabbed her hands when she started to sink inside the pool and the person pecked underwater in order to transfer some air into her lung. ‘So, it was Wooyoung...he was the one who save my life today...and I act all cold towards him. God...what have I done? I shouldn’t act like that towards him. Maybe we can’t be together as a lover, but I don’t want to end up hating him all my life...because there’s no way I could hate him. No matter what, our families are in good relationship with each other and I don’t want to ruin that over stupid thing called love.’

 

“Jieun...I need to go now. Remember to do a medical checkup at hospital tomorrow. That’s an order from me okay.” Jieun snapped out from her deep thought when Joong Ki gave her a light hug before he left the room.

 


 


When Joong Ki reached downstairs, he saw Wooyoung clearing up the mess in the living room. He tapped his shoulder gently. Wooyoung turned around to face him.

 

“I need to go home now. Take care of Jieun okay.” Joong Ki smiled warmly at Wooyoung.

 

When Joong Ki was about to walk away, Wooyoung called him slowly...

 

“Hyung...”

 

Joong Ki widened his eyes in disbelief...’I didn’t hear it wrong, right? Wooyoung calling me hyung?’

 

“Thank you for everything...I don’t know what will happen to Jieun if you didn’t come today.” Wooyooung said calmly while looking at Joong Ki with a sincere look.

 

“Don’t worry...Jieun is okay now...by the way, you’re the one who save her...not me.” Joong Ki gave a warm smile towards Wooyoung, trying to comfort him. Wooyoung gave him a thankful smile in return. They stayed like that for a few moments before Joong Ki decided to leave. Wooyoung escorted him to the front door then he waited there until Joong Ki’s car disappeared from his sight. After that, he decided to continue his cleaning works since he got to clean up a lot of things especially the leftover foods during the party.

 

“Lee Jieun...what are you doing here? You should take a rest now.” Wooyoung asked in surprise when he saw Jieun cleaning up the mess in the living room.

 

“I felt better now...plus, it’s impossible for you to clean up everything in your own. I know you’re tired too. So, let’s clean up together.” She gave him the sweetest smile ever and then she continued to clean up. Wooyoung was stunned by her sweet smile as he felt a bit confused when Jieun finally talked to him after avoiding him the whole day. He ruffled his hairs a bit and then he walked towards her, trying to grab the broom from her hands.

 

“I can do it by myself...trust me...you really need to rest now. You look so weak. Just please, listen to me for this time...” Wooyoung tried to sit her down on the sofa. Jieun followed his order without complaining. She knew Wooyoung was so worried about her and she’s thankful for his concern.

 

After Jieun sat on the sofa, Wooyoung continued to clean up by himself. Jieun just stared at him doing all the works.

 

“Oppa...” Finally Jieun called him softly. Wooyoung turned around to face her, stunned to hear those soft words from .

 

“Thank you for saving my life today...Joong Ki oppa said that I would probably lie down in a coffin right now if you didn’t save me.” Jieun tried to joke around while laughing a little. Wooyoung looked at Jieun lovingly as he didn’t feel amused at all to hear the joke. He knew that Jieun was trying to hide her real feelings and she wanted to say something about them. He understood her better than himself.

 

“I’m so sorry for acting all cold and angry towards you just now. I felt terrible treating you that way. Oppa...can we forget all the bad things that happened between us? From now on, I’ll try to be a good dongsaeng(sister) to you.” Jieun added, tried not to crack her voice. She tried to hold back her tears by inhaling deeply.

 

Wooyoung was startled...’Sister? What are you trying to say Lee Jieun?’

 

“Lee Jieun...for your information, I never treat you like a sister. You’re more than that to me...and I think you know that. Why are you acting like this?” Wooyoung tried to control his voice. He’s so mad right now but he didn’t want to show it in front of Jieun.

 

“Oppa...you know why, right? Because it’s so wrong...and you’re not more than a brother to me...” Jieun said calmly, trying to sound confident and determined.

 

“If you said so...then let’s just deal with it.” Wooyoung gritted his teeth, trying to hold back all the emotions that he felt right now. Then he rushed to the stairs, heading towards his room quickly before he said something that may hurt Jieun and hurting himself at the same time. When he was at the middle of the stairs, he stopped for a while when he heard Jieun calling him.

 

“Oppa...” Jieun called him softly.

 

“Are you mad at me?” She added.

 

“Mad? Why should I? Plus...don’t call me that. I’m not your oppa(brother)!” Wooyoung said, a bit harsh without turning back to face Jieun...and then he continued to walk away from her.

 

“Why are you making this harder for me...Jang Wooyoung? You love someone else but why you keep messing with my heart?” Jieun muttered softly. Finally, tears that she tried to hold back with all her might ran down through her cheeks and she didn’t even bother to stop them.

 

Wooyoung slammed his room door when he reached his room. He leaned against the door and slowly, he sat weakly. He ruffled his hairs effortlessly, not knowing what to do anymore. He is confused, mad, worried and many other mixed feelings spinning around his mind.

 

“I love you Jieun...I do but why I can’t say it to you? Why is it so hard for me to do that? And what about noona? Why I still can’t forget her? I love you but I still want to protect noona...I hate this mixed feelings...I just hate it!” Wooyoung clenched his fist and then he punched the floor. His hand ached but he didn’t bother about it as his heart ached more than that.

 

All of a sudden...he remembered about Gina. He felt guilty for not spending his time with her now. In the past, he would do anything to be by her side all the time. He even went to the same cooking class as her during weekends so that he can spend more time with her. Gina always cared for him...she’s always there, beside him when he was having troubles or difficulties in his life. He lived far away from his parents at young age, far away from their support and attention. His parents were too busy with their career when he was young, they rarely visited him in US. But he never blamed them because he knew his parent were doing that for his own good and he was not that narrow-minded to blame his parents for neglecting him and such...Parents got their own difficulties too, as long as he understood their intentions, no big problem will arise. He remembered when he was sick, Gina stayed by her side the whole night to take care of him...cook for him...cared for him...and he was really thankful towards her and his friends. He was even expelled from his high school because of Gina’s ex-boyfriend, Mike...as he kept bothering Gina and tried to do rude thing towards her...so, Wooyoung beat him up until he broke several bones in his body. He didn’t mind to be expelled as long as Gina was secured from that obsessed guy. Gina cried all night because of that but he just laughed at her while telling her to stop crying over small things. When Gina got another boyfriend that she really love, he was left heartbroken but as long as she is happy, he didn’t mind about his own feelings at all. He tried to forget her by picking out random girls to be his girlfriends...well, thanks to her player friends for that, they taught him to be a player like them. But, he still can’t get over her no matter how hard he tried. Wooyoung laughed a bit upon remembering about all the good, painful memories with Gina.

 

The other girls except Gina meant nothing to him...absolutely nothing until...Jieun came into his life. She slowly came into his life with the most nonsense ways ever. They kept bickering like small kids and he didn’t even realize, since when Jieun suddenly became the most important part in his life and his heart...She changed him into a whole different person. He used to be the great, cool Wooyoung that was really well-mannered and polite with girls but he changed into a different person when she’s around him. Honestly, he enjoyed every moments that he spent with Jieun even though in most of the moment, they kept having tongue fight with each other, but he truly cherished all the moments. The kisses that they shared together will be the best moments in his life...

 

“Those kisses meant nothing to you? I meant nothing to you, Lee Jieun?” Wooyoung muttered letting out a painful laugh. He tried to laugh but without realizing, his tears started to run down his cheeks slowly...and then they flow uncontrollably after a while.

 

"Why you need to come and mess up my life...Lee Jieun?"

 



 

*** hello again...what do you think about this update? Boring? Feel free to comment okay^^

I hope no one cried over this update...lol...don't worry, it will get better soon><

i got inspiration of one scene in chapter31 from a korean drama...haha...i love that drama A LOT, but the drama is not really popular(it's a historical drama)...guess which part? you guys are smart, right? (HINT: it's a rare scene in korean drama)*winks*  ***