Chapter 15: Can We Befriend?

BAD BOY GOOD GIRL (BBGG)

 

Finally the class was over. Jieun rushed to leave the class, leaving Wooyoung behind. Wooyoung laughed at her as he knew that she’s trying hard to avoid him. Jieun walked home alone since Luna live in the opposite direction of Jieun’s house. Jieun decided to walk to school since her house was not far away from the school. Suddenly, she felt like someone was following her from behind. She’s ready to do her taekwondo moves if the mysterious person tried to attack her. Jieun turned around to get a clear look of the mysterious person.

 

“You again!” Jieun shouted when she saw Wooyoung that was laughing at her.

 

“Yah…then you think there’s some creepy stalker that is obsessed with a girl like you?” Wooyoung continued to laugh. He was amused to see Jieun’s reaction when she turned around as she lifted her hands up in the air, doing a taekwondo move.

 

“Yah…stop laughing you idiot! And what do you mean by ‘a girl like me’?” Jieun bit her lower lip while glaring at Wooyoung in anger.

 

“Well…just look at you…you’re not that pretty…and look at your figure…err, I must say…totally flat!” Wooyoung laughed loudly while wiping his tears that started to run down because of his excessive laughter.

 

Jieun looked down, observing her own figure…then she lifted her head in anger. ”Yah!!! You’re really too much! Why do you care much about my figure? This is my body…I’m happy with it so shut up!” Jieun shouted loudly.

 

Wooyoung was startled with Jieun’s reaction…he’s totally speechless. ‘Wow…she looks really mad at me. She can kill me any time soon. Jang Wooyoung…what the hell are you doing right now? What’s up with all the rude comments? You want to befriend with her right? Why do you keep teasing her instead? You need to be nice with her right? Arghh…why I keep losing myself when I’m with her? But I really like to see her getting mad at me…’ Wooyoung keep talking to himself with a confuse look on his face and then he smiled suddenly.

 

‘Huh…what’s up with this crazy guy? I’m shouting at him but he acts like he didn’t hear me then he still can smile? There must be something really wrong with his brain!’ Jieun glared at Wooyoung.

 

“Yah…I think you need to do a medical checkup before your ‘abnormal’ condition getting worse…and listen to my words, don’t talk to me in class and please act like you don’t know me in school okay? Please…I’m begging you to leave me alone...Arasso??? ” Jieun lowered her voice, trying to restrain herself.

 

‘Can we befriend?’ Wooyoung wanted to ask but he just can’t bring himself to do so.

 

Jieun turned around then she walked away immediately, as fast as possible. She didn’t want to continue the stupid argument anymore. She felt like punching him on the face but she held back her temper, remembering the fact that Wooyoung is Uncle Jang’s son…and Uncle Jang is his late father’s bestfriend. Suddenly she thought about Luna’s advice during the lunch break, about her and Wooyoung became friends like their fathers…

 

‘There’s no way I’ll befriend with a guy like him!’ Jieun shook her head.

 


 

Wooyoung’s POV

 

I was resting on my bed after a tiring day at school. Suddenly I thought about Jieun. Well, I didn’t mean to hurt her…I’m just teasing. I hope she didn’t think much about all my rude words towards her. I’m trying to get some sleeps when my phone rang suddenly. I looked at the caller ID…well, it’s Luna…Jieun’s bestfriend. I gulped nervously, thinking that Luna might scold me for hurting her bestfriend just now…well, maybe Jieun told her something about it.

 

“Err…yoboseyo(hello)…” I answered nervously.

 

“Yoboseyo…hey Wooyoung, this is Luna…” she said cheerfully.

 

“Yeah…I know…what’s up Luna-shi?” I tried to calm down…well, she didn’t sound angry.

 

“Yah…just call me Luna…we’re friends right? Well, i’m sorry for disturbing you but I want to talk with you about Jieun…” Luna said calmly.

 

“About Jieun? What about her?” I asked back.

 

“Well…I hope you can try to befriend with her. I know she’s hard to deal with and she seems so cold, that’s why I call her snow queen…but she’s totally not like that if you know her better. She looks strong outside but she’s actually very fragile inside. I know you guys are faking things about being friends in front of your family…but I’ll be so glad if you guys can be real friends…you know that harabuhji really likes you right?” Luna said calmly.

 

“Yeah…actually I’m also hoping that we can befriend and I already tried but I don’t think she can accept me. She always misunderstands my actions…well, I admit that sometimes I too much and my words are inappropriate…but all the words mean nothing to me…I just spoke without thinking...silly me.” I wanted to be honest with Luna since I knew that I shouldn’t lie to her anymore.

 

 “I understand…but you know what, Jieun acts differently when she’s with you. Somehow, I think she already open up her cold heart for you…it’s really hard for her to make new friends, I’m the only good friend that she has…but she accepts you in her life. Well, maybe you think that it’s impossible, judging from her cold treatments towards you…but trust me, I know her better than myself.” Luna said softly, trying to convince me. Well, of course I don’t believe the fact that Jieun was accepting me in her life…judging from all the shouts, yells, glares and all the scary looks that she gave me each time we spoke…and I can imagine her cursing me everyday, even when she’s sleeping perhaps…But Luna will never lie to me right? She is Jieun’s bestfriend since kindergarten…of course she knew Jieun better.

 

“Jieun is just too scared to accept more people in her life as she’s scared that they will leave her just like her late parents…she always tell me that…less love means less to lose……. ” Luna added then I heard she yawned. Before she hang up, she asked me to take care of her bestfriend again. I just made a pinky promise since I’m not sure whether I can do it…Well, Jieun looked really tough outside…I think she can take care of herself better than I can take care of myself. But I do agree that Jieun was fragile inside since I already saw her fragile looks…and her tears before. Since I’m too tired, I decided to sleep but I can’t bring myself to do so as I keep thinking about Luna’s words and…Jieun…or maybe it’s because I slept too much in the class just now…class was just, boring…That’s why I hate it so much!