Chapter 30: Mixed Feelings

BAD BOY GOOD GIRL (BBGG)

 

DING DONG DING DONG DING DONG

 

Jieun broke the kiss when she heard the doorbell rang. Wooyoung sighed, feeling mad at the person who interrupted their precious moments. Both of them blushed in embarrassment after the kisses. Jieun looked away, avoiding any eye contact with Wooyoung. Wooyoung rubbed his nape, trying to figure out the right words to be said.

 

‘Say something Wooyoung...you need to say something after kissing a girl...But what to say? Should I say that I enjoyed the kisses? No...no...no...that is so embarrassing...Or should I tell her about my feelings? No...too early, she might freak out...aigoo, think of something else dummy...’

 

DING DONG DING DONG DING DING DING DONG DONG DING DING DONG DONG !!!!!!!!!!!

 

Suddenly, the doorbell rang louder and longer...Jieun looked at Wooyoung awkwardly.

 

“Uh...I’ll get that.” Wooyoung took a quick glance at Jieun, still feeling embarrassed to look at her directly.

 

Jieun nodded slowly. Wooyoung started to walk away, heading to the front door. On his way to the front door, he accidently tripped on the carpet because he was not paying attention to the surrounding as she kept thinking about Jieun. Jieun laughed at his clumsiness.

 

“Careful...” Jieun said softly while smiling.

 


 


Wooyoung’s POV

 

Oh God...that was so embarrassing. Obviously, I looked nervous in front of her. Oh come on man, this was not the first time that you kissed her. Don’t act so dumb and innocent. But, this was our first ‘real kiss’. I can’t help feeling excited and happy with our ‘achievement’ today. It’s not that I was not enjoying our first ‘taxi kiss’ because honestly, I enjoyed that moment a lot even if I felt like a jerk kissing her that way. But today’s kiss felt so real and I really enjoyed the sweet and sour, orange tastes and her soft lips.

 

DING DONG DING DONG!!!!

 

Ughh...that annoying bell rang again.

 

“I’m coming!!!” I shouted so that the person behind the door will hear it and eventually stopped making noises by pressing the doorbell.

 

Aishh...Who’s that stupid idiot people that came to my house early in the morning and ruining my precious moment with Jieun just now? Must be some salesmen trying to sell their stupid things. I’m gonna curse the salesmen! Just wait there...

 

I ran to the front door as the bell rang non-stop, forcing someone to open the door the door quickly. Aigoo...these salesmen really wanted to die in my hand!

 

“YAH!!!” I shouted as soon as I opened the front door.

 

“Surprise!!!!!” And there they were...the salesmen that turned out to be my friends: Junho, Junsu, Taecyeon, Nichkhun, Chansung......and my pretty Gina noona.

 

“Wooyoung-ah...good morning.” Gina noona greeted me softly while smiling sweetly. My nerves weaken upon hearing to that soft voice and looking at those gorgeous smiles. They never failed to melt my heart.

 

Ughh...how I hate these mixed feelings....

 

“Wooyoung...who’s at the door?” Jieun came from the kitchen with a curious look on her face.

 

“Jieun-shi...good morning.” Chansung greeted Jieun and then he walked towards Jieun while smiling...and  then he kissed her left cheek gently. Wait...what??? He kissed Jieun? How dare he kissed my Jieun...on her cheek! This guy really wanted to die *&&^%^%$$%$%#$#$%#^$$%^&%^*^*&*....

 

Jieun looked shocked as she froze there, looking at Chansung with a blank look on her face. I think she needed some time to process what’s exactly happened just now. Aigoo...this girl is so slow... I shot a death glare towards Chansung that was looking at me with his usual evil smirks. He even wrapped his hands around Jieun’s shoulders. This guy really enjoyed teasing me like that...I think he knew how I felt about Jieun since out of my silly friends, he is the only one that understand me the most. He knew everything about guys things since obviously, he’s a guy too and he got some additional ‘instincts’ unlike the rest of my friends...and he always claimed that he knew everything about girls since he’s the biggest player among us. No doubt about that since he spend most of his time understanding girls with his own ‘unique’ ways.

 

“Ah...good day Jieun-shi...” All of a sudden, Junho also walked towards Jieun. Wait...I knew what he’s up to...I rushed towards Jieun and before Junho was able to plant another greeting kiss on Jieun’s cheeks, I blocked his way by placing my hand on Jieun’s cheeks and Junho ended up kissing my palm instead of Jieun’s cheeks. Junho looked at me, dumbfounded...I ignored him as I pulled Jieun from Chansung’s arms. Jieun looked like she just snapped out from a long, deep thought. Aigoo...this innocent girl...

 

“Wow...someone got jealous...” Chansung chuckled while tapping my shoulder lightly. Junho looked even more confused. I realized that everyone was looking at me curiously. Gina noona also looked shocked with my sudden action just now. Did I look jealous?

 

“Uh...no...I’m not jealous. Why should I?” I laughed awkwardly while looking at noona that looked...upset? I realized that I was still holding Jieun’s hand...suddenly, I loosened my grip.

 

“Wooyoung is actually being too over protective here. Come on dude, I know you’re glad to have such a lovely sister like Jieun...” Junsu claimed while chuckling. Huh...what? sister? Jieun is not my sister...she’s my....what?

 

“Ahhh...I forgot about that...you told us that your mother treated Jieun as her daughter, right? Okay bro...next time I’ll ask for your permission first before I did that to Jieun.” Junho said while staring at Jieun that stood silently beside me. I gulped...not knowing what to say anymore. Finally, I blurted out something ...well, I need to say something, right?

 

“Yeah...Jieun is like my sister, so I won’t let any of you guys flirting with her since I know you guys better than anyone else.” I said calmly, half joking but at that instant, I realized Jieun pulled away her wrist from my grip harshly. Did I say something that offended her? I took a glance at her but she looked away, avoiding my gaze. Chansung patted my shoulder again. I turned to him and he was looking at me while shaking his head slowly.

 

“Dude...I wouldn’t say that if I were you.” Chansung whispered to me softly while sending his evil smirk again. I frowned, feeling confused. What he’s trying to convey? Did I say something wrong again?

 

END OF WOOYOUNG’S POV



 

Jieun’s POV

 

SISTER. Yeah...I’m just a sister to him...nothing more than that. Why you had to feel upset Lee Jieun? You clearly knew that he already loved someone and that someone is obviously not you...and obviously, the kisses that we shared together meant nothing to him. I tried to avoid any conversation with any of Wooyoung’s friends since I’m afraid that I may blurt out my emotion. Wooyoung looked happy chatting with Gina unnie and sometimes they laughed happily...I didn’t even understand their topic. Wooyoung kept sending me some curious glances occasionally especially when Junho sat so close to me. Junho kept talking to me about random things but I just shook or nodded my head in return. All of a sudden, Junho clapped his hands happily. I looked at him, sending some weird looks. What’s wrong with this guy? Chansung gave me some understanding looks. As if he knew what I’m feeling right now. Seriously...this Chansung guy is kinda creepy sometimes...

 

After a while, I excused myself to the kitchen, feeling unwanted to stay there...I needed some spaces to be alone.

 

“Ah...Jieun-ah, let’s go to the kitchen together. I wanted to cook something for you guys. Look...I already bought a lot of things from the market.” Suddenly Gina unnie approached me while lifting a lot of groceries bags beside her. I nodded half-heartedly while helping her to lift some of the bags...Ahhh, can’t I have some spaces to be alone right now? I like you Gina unnie...really...but my heart torn into pieces each time I saw you...and I felt pathetic to feel like that especially when you kept smiling at me. I’m the pathetic Lee Jieun.

 

 

END OF JIEUN’S POV



 

In the living room....

 

“Yah...stop staring. They’re already gone.” Nichkhun teased while poking Wooyoung’s head. He’s amused to see Wooyoung kept staring at Gina and Jieun...even when they’re already disappeared from their sight, Wooyoung kept looking at the direction they’re heading just now.

 

“Arghhhh...that was hurt, babo!!!” Wooyoung groaned while rubbing his head.

 

“Yah...she is very cute when she’s angry.” Junsu exclaimed.

 

“And very pretty when she is smiling.” Junho added while grinning.

 

“She looks really cool too...well, when she is not talking, I thought she is mute at first. Yah, Jang Wooyoung...you really got a nice girl here.” Taecyeon poked Wooyoung’s back while laughing.

 

“I bet Wooyoung must be enjoying all the days he had spent with her all this while.” Chansung teased while smirking.

 

“Uh...who? Gina noona? Well, she is always like that...You guys only realized that now? That’s weird...” Wooyoung said innocently while making a confuse look.

 

“Babo...you try to act dumb here? HAHA...that was funny. We’re talking about a girl named Lee Jieun...you idiot!” Chansung exclaimed while poking Wooyoung’s head.

 

“Arghhhhhhh...YAH!!! That was really hurt you know! Can you guys just please...stop poking me!” Wooyoung shouted while rubbing his head and back that were still in pain after all the ‘poking attacks’ from his friends. ‘And stop talking about my Lee Jieun...’ He tried not to speak his mind.

 

“Well, that’s what you got when you tried to act dumb with us.” Nichkhun said calmly, ignoring Wooyoung’s pain. In fact, all of them were ignoring Wooyoung’s whine.

 

“Hey...why don’t you tell us about Jieun? We called you almost every day, right? You never hide anything from us before this...that’s damn weird.” Junsu claimed while placing his hand on Wooyoung’s shoulders.

 

Wooyoung gasped and then he looked at his friends one by one, observing them carefully. All of them gave him suspicious looks in return, demanding some explanations from him...

 

Wooyoung faked a laugh while trying to change the topic...

 

“HAHA...guys, let’s go outside. It’s kinda hot in here...don’t you think so? I think the air-conditioner is not working properly. Well, since my parents are not at home, this is the perfect time to make a pool’s party. Let’s swim...we gonna have a pool’s party today...yeay!” Wooyoung exclaimed happily while shoving his friends towards the large swimming pool outside of the house.

 

“This guy is really weird. I don’t feel hot at all.” Junho said slowly, feeling weird. The others nodded in agreement while sending weird gazes towards Wooyoung.

 

“HAHA...oh, really? That’s weird because I’m feeling really hot now!” Wooyoung kept fanning himself while pushing Junho, trying to force him to move outside.

 

“Well, only liar will feel like that... ” Chansung teased while smirking. The others looked at Chansung, feeling curious about his words...liar?

 

Wooyoung shot a death glare to Chansung...’Shut up dude...Help me out, will you?’ Wooyoung mouthed at him. Chansung chuckled...finally, he said something to help Wooyoung...

 

“Okay...let’s swim today...Suddenly, I felt hot too...wonder why?”

 


 


Jieun’s POV

In the kitchen...

Here I am...stuck in the kitchen with a gorgeous lady, the first crush of my recent crush...how weird was that? I stared at her in awe...she is really a good cooker! How can someone be this perfect and flawless? She is pretty, very lady-like, well-mannered...as a conclusion, she got all the good qualities and traits that a woman could possibly have. I felt like watching a chef preparing foods. I bet any guys will fall for her charms...just like Wooyoung....

 

“Jieun-ah...can you pass me the eggs over there?” I snapped out from my thought when Gina unnie called me softly. I handed her the eggs while trying to smile sincerely.

 

“Thank you sweetie...” She smiled at me...again. I love to see those smiles but at the same time its hurt me. How I hate this mixed feelings.

 

“Unnie...you are really a good at cooking. Are you a chef or something?” I asked eagerly, feeling amazed by her skills.

 

“Well...actually, I want to be a chef after I graduated from university. I’m still learning right now. By the way, Wooyoung is a good cooker to. Back then in US, I always cook for these guys and Wooyoung is the only one who will volunteer to help me in the kitchen. The rest of them only know to dig the foods when I finished cooking.” Gina unnie laughed happily, thinking about the good memories.

 

“Oh...” I responded shortly...Unnie, that’s because he likes you a lot...and he wanted to spend more time with you...Don’t you realize that? I sighed deeply, trying to ease my stupid, mixed feelings.

 

“Unnie...are you aware that Wooyoung is actually in love with you?” Finally I asked that question after I got the courage to do so...I knew that I wasn’t supposed to ask her about that...but I just wanted her to know about Wooyoung’s feelings towards her. She deserved to know and Wooyoung deserved to be treated more than a brother by her. Even though that meant I needed to ditch my own feelings, I don’t mind because I knew Wooyoung didn’t feel the same about me. I’m just a sister to him...

 

Gina unnie looked startled at first but she nodded slowly after a while...

 

“I know... Junsu told me.” She smiled a bit...So, she already knew that...but why she pretended like she knew nothing? That’s not fair to Wooyoung.

 

“But Wooyoung never confess to me...and he also dates tons of girls in US, in front of me without looking guilty at all.” She added while looking at me with some hard to explain looks written all over her face.

 

“I thought unnie knew Wooyoung better than me...he’s stubborn, never apologize when he made mistakes, acts all high and mighty all the time...so, he won’t confess so easily. But believe me, he do love you, unnie...only you.” I said slowly...hurt. My heart falling apart...dear heart, please stop feeling like that. Even if it’s hurt, I needed to bear this...just for a little while. I’ll be okay after I got through this, right? Wooyoung is not that important to me...No, he’s not important at all. In fact, he’s the biggest player in the world! I just needed to think like that in order to get over this...I can do it!

 

“I don’t know Jieun...honestly, I got some feelings for Wooyoung but I still can’t forget my previous boyfriend.” She smiled at me...a sad smile I must say. She looked hurt...I bet her previous boyfriend must mean a lot to her. I hugged her lightly, trying to comfort her and at the same time, trying to comfort myself.

 

“Gumawo Jieun-ah...you’re such a sweet girl.” She tapped my back lightly. I felt better now...a lot better.

 

“Ah...I forgot to buy some carrots and potatoes from the market. The foods wouldn’t taste great without those things.” Suddenly Gina unnie tapped her forehead a few times...I laughed a bit, feeling amused to see her cute reactions.

 

“It’s okay unnie...Wooyoung’s mother got a small orchard at the back, I’m sure she planted those things there. I’ll get them for you...Wait here...okay?” I said, trying to sound as cheerful as possible. Since I already decided to get over this...I need to get over this, right? I must.

 

END OF JIEUN’S POV



 

 

Jieun dig some potatoes and carrots from the small orchard situated at the back of the mansion. It was harder than she thought since it was hard to pull out those plants. Jieun almost fell when she tried to pull out the plants with all the energy left in her body but someone managed to grab her waist, supporting her body from falling to the ground. Jieun turned around to face the person that was still holding her waist...
 

“Wooyoung...” She uttered, feeling shocked. She shoved away his hands from her waist quickly. ‘You need to get over him...Lee Jieun...so, don’t blush...don’t feel nervous...and acts normal.’

 

“Hey...I was looking for you and I saw you digging this place...so, here I am...” Wooyoung said awkwardly.

 

He still felt nervous around her especially after the ‘orange kisses’ that they shared together.

 

Jieun took a quick glance at Wooyoung. He’s topless and he only wore a short pant that looked like a boxer...and he’s totally wet. Jieun looked away, feeling embarrassed to see Wooyoung in that condition. It’s not that she never seen him topless before but this time...everything was not the same like before. The feelings, condition....and situation were not the same anymore.

 

“Can you please put on something first before wandering around like that?” Jieun said calmly, trying to sound calm actually...without looking at Wooyoung.

 

“Oh...I’m swimming in the pool with my friends just now...that’s why I...” Wooyoung stopped when he saw Jieun’s face turning bright red. He smirked...knowing that Jieun was blushing in embarrassment. He moved closer towards her...Jieun took a step back each time Wooyoung took a step closer. They kept doing that until Jieun’s back hit an oak tree. Now, she got no space to step back anymore since she was trapped between Wooyoung’s hands and an oak tree near the garden. Jieun sighed deeply...’Ughhh...this stupid oak tree.’

 

Wooyoung observed Jieun’s face for a few seconds before he leaned in, kissing her cheeks softly before moving on towards her lips. Jieun closed her eyes for a moment but after a while, she pushed him lightly...light enough to make Wooyoung startled with her sudden rejection.

 

Jieun lifted her head, looking directly into Wooyoung’s eyes...’This has to be stopped...’

 

“I never know that a brother can do that towards her sister...oppa.” Jieun said softly while emphasizing the word ‘oppa’. She felt hurt saying those words but this situation need to be stopped because it’s so wrong.

 

Wooyoung frowned, feeling shocked by her words...’No...you’re not my sister. I love you...’

 

“Lee Jieun...I never...” Wooyoung tried to say something but Jieun managed to cut off his words.

 

“Stop doing this Wooyoung...maybe you’re making this for fun and I felt like a stupid for being such an easy girl, allowing a guy like you kissing me whenever you want...I’m so stupid but that won’t happen anymore.” Jieun started to wipe the tears that running down her cheeks.  Wooyoung moved his hands slowly towards Jieun’s cheeks, wiping her tears. He felt hurt seeing her crying for him.

 

“Stop it...just stop, will you? You already got Gina unnie in your heart but why are you still acting like this? This is so wrong!” Jieun added as her voice started to crack...she looked away while pushing Wooyoung’s hands away from her face.

 

Wooyoung gasped...’How did she know about my feelings towards Gina noona?’

 

“How do you know...” Wooyoung wanted to ask but again...Jieun didn’t give him the chance to do so.

 

“Don’t ask...oppa.” Jieun said shortly, emphasizing the word ‘oppa’ again and then she walked away. ‘From now on...you’re just my oppa...a brother.’

 

Wooyoung wanted to stop her but he ended up frozen there helplessly.

 

‘Lee Jieun... I never look at you as a sister. I love you...that’s the truth but I knew that I still need to sort out my feelings towards noona before I could confess to you with all my heart belongs to you, not only half but as a whole...’ He rubbed his face, trying not to drop his tears.

 

Jieun walked away quickly...Her eyes were filled with tears, so she looked up to the sky and then she smiled a little so that they won’t fall again.

 

‘Be strong Lee Jieun.’

 


 


“Jieun-shi...come over here.” Junho waved at Jieun when he spotted her walking towards the back door of the mansion, heading towards the kitchen. He was still at the swimming pool with the rest of the guys.

 

“No, Junho-shi...I need to help Gina unnie...she is cooking in the kitchen.” Jieun tried to sound and look normal as possible, trying to hide her after-crying face that was a bit swollen. ‘God...I must look terrible now. What if Gina unnie realized that I just finished crying?’

 

“Come on Jieun-shi...join us for a while.” Before Jieun was aware of it, Junho dragged her towards the swimming pool. Jieun ended up following him...’I should stay away from Gina unnie for a while until this sign of crying disappeared from my face...since these guys look dumb, they won’t realized that I was crying just now. Just stay with them for a while...’

 

“Ah...Jieun-shi...what’s up with your face?” Chansung asked all of a sudden, raising his eyebrows.

 

Jieun facepalmed herself...’Crap...I forgot about this weird Chansung guy...’

 

“Yeah...you got some dirt on your face.” Taecyeon claimed while pointing at Jieun’s cheeks.

 

“Uh...dirt? Oh...I dig the soil with my hands and then I wiped my tears with my dirty hands...” Jieun mumbled while wiping her face using her sleeves.

 

“Tears?” Nichkhun asked innocently.

 

“No... I mean I wiped my face with my dirty hands...HAHA.” Jieun said quickly while faking a laugh. ‘Babo Jieun...Are you trying to dig your own grave here?’

 

Jieun took a quick glance at all the guys, trying to make sure that they believe in her words. All of them formed an ‘O’ shaped mouth while nodding except...Chansung of course. He sent some weird gazes towards Jieun in return. He leaned in closer, trying to observe her face in a clearer vision.

 

“You sound and look fishy...Jieun-shi.” He said slowly while giving some understanding looks at Jieun, as if he knew what’s happening just now.

 

Jieun gulped...’Aish...this weird guy always acts like he knows everything...huh.’

 

“Why on earth you dig the soil anyway?” Junsu asked, feeling weird.

 

“Oh...Gina unnie needs some potatoes and carrots, but she forgot to buy them...so, I dig some of them in the small orchard at the back of the mansion.” Jieun answered carefully. ‘I felt like being interrogated by some policemen here...aigoo...I guess they’re not as dumb as I thought.’

 

“Urm...that’s weird because I don’t see any carrot or potato in your hands.” Chansung claimed while smirking.

 

Jieun sighed deeply as she really forgot to take those carrots and potatoes with her when she left the orchard...thanks to Wooyoung that broke her heart that time. Jieun shot a death glare towards Chansung...’Is he trying to frame me? Well, I won’t lose to you Chansung-shi...’

 

“Omo...I guess I forgot to take them with me...Aigoo, I’m really clumsy...what to do, oppa?” Jieun said cutely, well she’s trying to look as cute as possible...and at the same time, trying to fool the guys in front of her. Well, cuteness always do well when handling guys like them...and her tactics worked perfectly fine as the guys froze there, stunned by her cute antics. Even Chansung lost his words as he stopped questioning and smirking.

 

‘Huh...they look better when they keep quiet like that. Ewww, I never did this kind of dirty tactic in front of other people except my harabuhji and auntie in France...and I only did that when I’m so desperate for something that I want so bad or else I won’t spare my time to look idiot in front of peoples. But as long as they stop talking, I guess it’s worth to try.’ Jieun finished her cute antics with a cute wink.

 

“Well oppa...I think I want to go upstairs. I need to wash up first...bye then.” Jieun was about to walk away when Chansung suddenly blocked her way after he snapped out from Jieun’s cuteness tactics.

 

“You can wash up here...There’s a big pool in here. Let’s join us.” Chansung smirked while grabbing Jieun’s wrist.

 

“Yeah...let’s join us.” Nichkhun started to jump into the swimming pool. The rest of the guys followed him except Chansung that was still smirking at Jieun.

 

“Come on Jieun-shi...” Junho called Jieun to join them in the swimming pool.

 

“I can’t...” Before Jieun was able to finish her words, her body was lifted up in the air by Chansung...and then... BUSHHHHHHH!!!