Chapter 14: Bad Luck or Destiny?

BAD BOY GOOD GIRL (BBGG)

 

“You won’t regret this Jieun…I promise…” Luna hugged Jieun happily.

 

“Yeah…I hope I won’t regret this choice…” Jieun smiled at Luna. Finally Jieun made up her mind…she chose to stay in Korea for her harabuhji’s sake. She will finish her high school in the same school as Luna…Mr. Han was driving them to school right now...

 

“Okay…we’re here. Let’s go Jieun…I’ll bring you to the principal office.” Luna dragged Jieun into the school when they reached there.

 

Suddenly Jieun saw a familiar figure not far away from them but he disappeared from her sight when the other students were rushing towards their classes as the school bell already rang…

 

‘Yah…it’s impossible that he’s here…he must be in US right now…but the blond hairs and all really looks like him…no…no…no…that can’t be him!’ Jieun shook her head suddenly, trying to forget the back view of the figure that she just saw.

 

“Jieun-ah…are you okay? I need to go to class right now. The principal office is just over there.” Luna pointed to a room not far away from them.

 

“Yup…I’m okay…I can handle this by my own…just go to your class now…or else you’ll be late…bye.” Jieun waved at Luna, asking her to go.

 

“Okay…I hope we’re in the same class.” Luna smiled happily then she walked away while waving at Jieun.

 

Jieun walked nervously towards the principal office. Luckily the principal was a friendly woman. After all the basic procedures, she was introduced to her homeroom teacher, Mr. Kim.

 

“Ah…so I have two new students today…Lee Jieun and…ahh…I forgot the guy’s name again…it’s okay, follow me to your new class now…the other new student will come later, he needs to settle out some problems with his registration form.” Mr. Kim smiled warmly. Jieun was glad that she got a very friendly homeroom teacher. She followed him to her new class.

 

Jieun greeted everyone in the class after being introduced to the whole class by her homeroom teacher. She sat at the empty seat situated at the back of the class. Jieun was a bit frustrated since she’s not in the same class as Luna. While she’s busy arranging all her things on the table, someone knocked on the class’s door…the other new student entered the class. Jieun didn’t bother to look at the new student as she’s busy arranging her stuffs.

 

“Hello everyone…” A familiar voice started to introduce himself in English.

 

Jieun was startled…’sounds really familiar…but it can’t be…’ Jieun lifted her head, looking straight at the new student with…blond hairs? ‘OMG…that’s him! Jang Wooyoung…What he’s doing here?’  Jieun tried to cover her face with a text book, hoping that Wooyoung wouldn’t see her.

 

“Lee Jieun…is that you?” Suddenly Wooyoung called her with a loud voice while walking towards her. Then he pulled the text book that covered Jieun’s face.

 

“Yah…it’s you…what a surprise!” Wooyoung smiled at her playfully.

 

“Do you know each other, Lee Jieun-shi…Jang Wooyoung-shi?”Mr. Kim asked in surprise. Everyone in the class looked surprised while whispering to each other. Jieun didn’t even want to know what they’re whispering about….

 

“Yes sir…we’re best friends…right, Jieun-ah?” Wooyoung looked at Mr.Kim, and then he turned back to Jieun…

 

”Nice to meet you again, Lee Jieun…” Wooyoung said softly while smirking. Jieun rolled her eyes in annoyance.

 

“Good then…now Wooyoung, you can sit at the empty sit beside Jieun…” Mr. Kim gave his order to Wooyoung then he turned around to the whiteboard, ready to begin the class.

 

“What???” Jieun asked in surprise then she stood up suddenly.

 

“Is there any problem with that miss Lee Jieun?” Mr. Kim turned back, looking at Jieun with a confuse look…in fact, everyone in the class were looking at Jieun. Since today was her first day, Jieun didn’t want to make any trouble…’Just bear with it Jieun…you can do it…just ignore him.’ Jieun tried to calm down, and then he looked at Wooyoung that already sat beside her. Wooyoung winked at Jieun when he realized that Jieun was looking at him. Jieun looked away immediately, facing Mr. Kim that was still looking at her.

 

“No, Mr. Kim…there’s no problem at all…I’m sorry for disturbing you…you can start the class now.” Jieun apologized then she bowed to Mr. Kim.

 

“Oh…Okay then…everyone, open your book now, page…..” Mr. Kim already started the class but Jieun can’t pay any attention at all while Wooyoung was already in his dreamlands while covering his face with a text book so that Mr. Kim can’t see him. Wooyoung tried to chat with Jieun before but Jieun just ignored him, so he gave up…then he decided to sleep instead.

 

‘I’m in a big trouble now…’ Jieun knocked her head on the table several times. She ignored all the weird gazes from her new classmates…she didn’t care if they thought that she’s crazy or something. Luckily Mr. Kim was not in class right now as he’s answering his phone call outside of the class.

 


 

 

“Yah Luna…stop laughing right now! Everyone is looking at us…” Jieun covered Luna’s mouth, trying to stop her from laughing. It’s lunch time, so she met Luna at the school’s cafeteria. After she told Luna about Wooyoung being in the same class as her, Luna started to laugh like crazy.

 

“Okay…okay…I’ll stop laughing now…but that’s too funny…you guys meet again in this school and he’s in the same class with you…plus he sits beside you…well, that’s what we call destiny!” Luna tried to hold back her laughter.

 

“Huh…destiny whatever… I’m so pissed off right now. Why I keep meeting him everywhere? He’s my bad luck…not destiny!” Jieun gritted her teeth.

 

“Chill out snow queen…why don’t you guys try to be best friends for real? He looks like a good guy…plus he’s good-looking! That’s a bonus you know…he’s a son of your late father’s best friend anyway…” Luna smiled playfully at Jieun.

 

“He’s totally different from his father…Uncle Jang is so warm but his son is a big liar! Can’t you see…there’s nothing good happen each time we met, everything is a complete disaster when we’re together…I lie to my harabuhji and everyone else because of him…now he’s distracting me in class…ughhh..” Jieun rolled her eyes while munching her bread.

 

“Yah…he’s not that bad…give him some times and try to observe him with a good thinking, not in anger all the time…then you will know what I mean…” Luna tried to advice Jieun then she stopped when she saw Wooyoung entering the cafeteria. Suddenly she waved at Wooyoung, trying to call him so that he can join them.

 

Jieun looked at the direction where Luna was waving…and there he was…smiling brightly while walking towards them.

 

“Yah…why are you waving at him? Put your hand down now Luna!” Jieun tried to stop Luna from waving at Wooyoung.

 

“Jieun-ah…just be nice this time…he’s still new here, he must be so lost by himself…I told you to give him some times right? Just listen to me this time okay…by the way,wow… look at all the girls’ gaze towards him…he’s totally a hot stuff now.” Luna laughed while looking around.

 

“Huh…whatever.” Jieun looked away when Wooyoung sat in front of her.

 

“Hello ladies…I’m glad that you wave at me, Luna-shi…I’m so lost just now…and what’s up with all the girls here? They stare at me like I’m or something.” Wooyoung chuckled while smiling to the girls beside their table…’Huh…what to do with my popularity...I’m Jang Wooyoung anyway.’ He smirked.

 

“Huh…don’t flatter yourself…I might vomit any time soon.” Jieun said harshly without looking at Wooyoung. She knew what’s on his mind right now, judging from his usual, evil smirks. Luna stepped on Jieun’s foot, trying to remind her to be nice towards Wooyoung.

 

“Ahh…that’s hurt Luna! I’m just saying the right thing.” Jieun looked at Luna with unsatisfied looks while rubbing her foot.

 

“It’s okay Luna-shi…I’m already used to her hurtful words…I know that I owe her a lot…” Wooyoung made a sad look…well, fake-sad-looks.

 

“Omo…don’t be like that Wooyoung-shi…Jieun should apologize to you for her harsh words…right, Lee Jieun-shi?” Luna widened her eyes while looking at Jieun, trying to make her apologized to Wooyoung.

 

“Luna…he’s faking things again…how come you’re being fooled by that kind of look? Where is the smart, brainy Luna that I used to know?...and you know me, I’ll never apologize to him.” Jieun looked away, avoiding Luna’s stares.

 

“It’s okay Luna-shi…” Wooyoung talked to Luna softly with a warm smile, trying to gain Luna’s trust.

 

“Okay…luckily Wooyoung-shi is a warm-hearted guy…so from now on, please take care of my snow queen okay?” Luna tapped Jieun’s shoulder softly while looking at Wooyoung.

 

“With pleasure…” Wooyoung answered while smiling sweetly at Jieun, and then he winked at her when Luna was not looking at him.

 

‘Ughhh…what a good actor!’ Jieun continued to munch her bread in anger.