Chapter 12: Big Mess + Big Lies + Big Liar

BAD BOY GOOD GIRL (BBGG)

 

 

“Dad…what are you doing here?”Wooyoung asked in surprise. He was really shocked to meet his father, Mr. Jang Woosung there, in Jieun’s house.

 

“Dad???” Everyone in the living room asked in surprise except Wooyoung and his father. Jieun widened her eyes as big as possible. ‘This man is Wooyoung’s dad? My harabuhji knows him? And what he is doing here?’Jieun talked to herself in confusion.

 

“I’m the one who should ask you that…what are you doing here Wooyoung?” Mr. Jang asked curiously.

 

“I…err…I can explain this dad…”Wooyoung struggled to answer his father’s question. ‘Crap…I’m so dead now…what to explain?’

 

“Wait…this is your son, Jang Wooyoung? I thought he’s Jason, Jieun’s friend.” Harabuhji asked in confusion. Everyone was so confused right now.

 

“Since when did he change his name to Jason? Abuhji…he is my son that lives in US. Remember, the little Wooyoung that used to play soccer with you? We left to US when he was five years old…when we came back to Korea ten years later, he refused to follow us, so he stayed in US with his friends since then until now…I told you before right?” Mr. Jang glared at Wooyoung. Jieun gulped nervously since she’s the one who made up the Jason name.

 

‘Huh…he didn’t tell harabuhji about the lies that he makes to force me to come back here…Okay dad, you force me to lie too…’ Wooyoung thought while trying to avoid his father’s gaze.

 

 “Dad…Jason is my English name in US…everyone called me with that name in US…harabuhji, you never ask about my Korean name right? So I just use my English name since I’m more familiar with that name…”Wooyoung tried to explain calmly although he’s lying right now.

 

Jieun looked at Wooyoung that was trying to restrain himself so that he can lie better. She wondered how Wooyoung managed to maintain his calm looks when everything seemed to be in dead end. Jieun looked down to the floor, trying to avoid her harabuhji’s curious gaze. Well, she already lied a lot to her harabuhji about Wooyoung.

 

“Relax…I’ll cover up everything…”Suddenly Wooyoung whispered to Jieun. He felt sorry for dragging her into the mess.

 

“Is this Jieun…our little Jieun?”Mr. Jang suddenly looked at Jieun while smiling at her.

 

Jieun lifted her head and then she looked at Mr. Jang…”Ye ahjusshi…I’m Jieun...”Jieun answered politely, trying to cover her nervousness. She didn’t know Wooyoung’s father but he seemed to know her very well.

 

“You’re only a three years old girl the last time I saw you, now you’re already a grown up girl…well, you’re a cute kid when you’re smaller…now you’re a pretty lady.”Mr. Jang smiled warmly at Jieun.

 

“Ye…gumawo ahjusshi…”Jieun bowed at Mr. Jang. She still didn’t have any idea about Mr. Jang’s relationship with her family. Wooyoung was also curious about that since he didn’t remember anything about playing soccer with Jieun’s harabuhji when he was little.

 

“Ah...abuhji…you said Wooyoung is Jieun’s friend right?”Mr. Jang looked at harabuhji with a confuse look.

 

“Ye…Jieun brought him home and she introduced him as her friend from France??? Wait…Wooyoung lives in US while Jieun lives in France…how you guys met each other? And Wooyoung told me that he has known Jieun for about two years...you better explain this properly kids…you’re confusing me!” Harabuhji felt more curious about Jieun’s and Wooyoung’s words. Everyone in the living room glared at Jieun and Wooyoung curiously except Luna. Lune pitied those two but there’s nothing she can do to help them. She’s really not good in lying or covering lies.

 

‘Okay…that’s it…we’re so dead now…harabuhji and everyone else will be so mad at me for lying….’ Jieun felt helpless…she lost all her words and she can’t even think about any good explanation.

 

“Yeah harabuhji…I met Jieun at France about two years ago…I lives in US but I used to visit France with my friends during summer break…we always keep in touch using facebook, twitter and all even when we’re far away from each other...so when Jieun told me that she wants to visit harabuhji in Korea, I decided to go with her…right, chingu-yah(my friend)…?”Wooyoung smiled brightly at Jieun while wrapping his right hand around Jieun’s shoulder.

 

“Yeah…harabuhji…we’re good friends…”Jieun nodded slowly then he looked at Wooyoung in amazement…’What a pro-liar…how come he makes up a story just in split seconds?’ Somehow, she felt glad that he’s there with her. Although lying was not a good thing, but that’s the only way left for them to cover up everything.

 

“Since when did you like France? I remember you told me that France is a boring country with plenty of old, ugly buildings when we visited it five years ago?”Mr. Jang smirked at Wooyoung since he knew there’s something fishy about Wooyoung’s story.

 

“Oh dad…that’s five years ago…everything change right? My mindset also changes…now I think France is an amazing country and Eiffel Tower is…err…an awesome building?” Wooyoung laughed awkwardly while walking towards his father. When he already stood beside his father, he wrapped his hand around Mr. Jang’s shoulder and then he whispered to him…

 

”Dad…we can talk about this later, at our home…I still can’t forgive you for deceiving me…you don’t want me to spill out everything here, in front of harabuhji and everyone else, right?…so, just listen to my story nicely okay…my beloved dad.” Wooyoung smirked at his father and Mr. Jang was left startled with Wooyoung’s words.

 

“And what about the Busan things? You said that you want to visit your family in Busan…since your house is just three blocks away, why don’t you stay at your house instead of staying here?” Mrs. Han asked suddenly as she was confused about the matter.

 

“Oh…about that ahjumma…actually, we still have families in Busan…since my parents are not at home, my mom is still in Milan while my dad is so busy with his hotel…so I decided to celebrate harabuhji’s birthday first before visiting our families in Busan…right dad?”Wooyoung tapped his father’s shoulder while smiling at him. Mr. Jang just nodded slowly, agreeing with Wooyoung’s words. Well, a few things that he told were not lies…it’s true that they still got some families in Busan and his mom was still in Milan right now….luckily Jieun made a lucky lie about the Busan things.

 

“OH…”Everyone else in the living room said in unison except Jieun that already knew the fact that Wooyoung was lying…well, most of it.

 

“Well…I’m glad that Wooyoung and Jieun are good friends with each other…like their parents used to be…right Woosung?”Harabuhji smiled at Mr. Jang.

 

“Yeah…I’m a childhood friend of Jieun’s father…we used to be best friends…your mothers are good friends too…I’m so sad that we’re not here when Jieun’s parents died in car accident…we’re in US that time, Wooyoung…”Mr. Jang looked at Wooyoung that stood beside him before he turned to Jieun.

 

“Wooyoung’s mother will be so glad if she can see you right now…she really wants to meet you…” Mr. Jang walked towards Jieun then he hugged her lightly.

 

“I’m glad to see you again…Jieun-ah…”Mr. Jang tried to hold back his sadness of losing his best friend. Jieun felt so comfortable with the light, warm hugs…her late father used to hug her like that too. Suddenly, she thought about her late parents…tears running down her cheeks but she wiped it away quickly as she didn’t want her harabuhji to see her cried again.

 

Wooyoung saw Jieun’s tears before she wiped it away…he felt some strange feeling being shot into his heart. ‘Why I am feeling sad too? So not me…