Chapter 43: I Really Like You

BAD BOY GOOD GIRL (BBGG)

 

“Luna................” Jieun called Luna’s name loudly while smiling.

 

“Aigoo Jieun...stop it. You’re so drunk right now.” Luna took away the soju bottle from Jieun’s hands. She glanced at the peoples around them, bowing to them, apologizing for Jieun’s loud voice that might interrupt them.

 

“Lunaaaaaa...I’m so sad...i feel pathetic...” Jieun suddenly sobbed after non-stop laughing.

 

“Now, I regret it for suggesting this place for you.”Luna stared at Jieun as she started to tear up. She was the one who suggested that soju stall to celebrate the end of the examination and they’re about to graduate soon. Jieun was against it at first since she never drink soju or any other alcoholic drinks but Luna refused to listen to Jieun since she used to come there with Onew, his boyfriend.  Besides, she realized that Jieun looked so gloomy and she wanted her to enjoy herself that day...but everything went wrong when Jieun started to drink.

 

“Lunaaa...he will leave us...leave me...he will return to US...” Jieun said with a low tone as she started to sob. Luna widened her eyes.

 

“Who? Wooyoung???” Luna asked, grabbing Jieun’s hand. Jieun nodded slowly while wiping her tears.

 

“That guy...I thought he loves Jieun...I’m so gonna kill him.” Luna exclaimed with anger. Jieun started to grab another bottle of soju. Luna didn’t stop her this time as she looked at her helplessly, feeling sad and upset for Jieun. After a while, Jieun laid her head on the table as she was too drunk. Suddenly, Jieun’s phone rang loudly and Jieun didn’t even bother to pick up as she already fell asleep. Luna took Jieun’s phone, looking at the caller ID. She read it out loud as soon as she saw the name...

 

”Immature Wooyoung.”

 


 


Wooyoung’s POV

 

I kept walking back and forth, waiting for that girl at the gate...it was freaking cold that night but I refused to wait inside the house. I glanced at my watch occasionally...it almost past midnight and she still didn’t come home. I gritted my teeth...where was her? I felt worried to death right now...she was not at home when I came home this evening after visiting my friends. She didn’t even leave a note for me. At least she should tell me where she’s going...with who and she should be at home at this hour. I clasped tightly to my phone...should I call her? But what should I ask her after that? What if she got mad at me for disturbing her?

 

After a moment of hesitation, finally I decided to call her...relax Wooyoung, just asked her nicely...where she was...and...

 

“Hello.” Finally she picked up.

 

“Yah... Lee Jieun...where are you right now? You know what time is it now? You should be at home at this hour...what kind of girl that wandered around at this hour. You want me to report this to harabuhji?” I attacked her with non-stop questions...wait, I wasn’t supposed to get angry at her...I should ask her nicely...what had gotten into me? I must be too worried about her...but why she didn’t say a thing about it? Jieun that I used to know won’t let me to yell at her like that without attacking me back.

 

“Hello.” I greeted her, lowering my voice a bit.

 

“Finish huh? I thought you won’t stop...by the way, this is Luna speaking...not Lee Jieun.” The voice answered calmly...so it was Luna, that’s why she didn’t say a thing about it. I felt embarrassed all of a sudden. Jieun is her best friend after all, she must be mad hearing me yelling at Jieun liked that.

 

“Oh Luna...I thought you’re Jieun...haha..” I tried to sound calm, faking an awkward laugh.

 

“You’re quite good at yelling huh?” Luna asked...she sounded mad though.

 

“Errr...I-I’m not yelling...I was just asking...um...by the way, Jieun is there with you? Can you let me talk to her?” I asked politely. I just had to hear her voice...I had to know that she’s okay.

 

“She’s here with me but she can’t talk to you right now...she’s too drunk.” I widened my eyes hearing Luna’s words.

 

“What??? She drunk?” I asked in disbelief. Jieun didn’t even know how to drink...how come she got drunk?

 

“Hey...lower your voice, you’re too loud.” Luna complained...maybe I shouted too loud.

 

“Um...where are you guys right now? I’ll come right away.” I asked impatiently, feeling worried about Jieun.

 

“We’re at the soju stall in the neighborhood, near-----” I hung up before Luna finished talking as I knew the place she was talking about. There was only one soju stall in the neighborhood and it’s not far away from my home. I sprinted towards the stall...ignoring the cold weather.

 

END OF WOOYOUNG’S POV



 

 

“Lee Jieun...are you okay?” Wooyoung slapped Jieun’s cheeks lightly, trying to wake her up as she was sleeping with her head laid on the table.

 

“Lunaaaaaa...let’s drink more...” Suddenly Jieun muttered in her sleep and then she laughed by herself. Luna patted her shoulders while Wooyoung took off his jacket and then he wrapped it around her shoulders, hoping that it will cool her down. Jieun wore a hoodie but he knew that was not strong enough to withstand the cold temperature. Luna observed his action quietly.

 

“Why she drinks too much anyway?” Wooyoung asked, observing Jieun that was still mumbling in her sleep.

 

“Because someone makes her sad.” Luna answered quickly, glaring at Wooyoung. Wooyoung looked straight at Luna, feeling uneasy with her glare.

 

“Are you mad at me?” Wooyoung asked bluntly.

 

“I thought you will never realize that...yes,  I am mad at you because you’re hurting my friend!” Luna started to yell while pointing at Jieun. Wooyoung widened his eyes hearing her sudden accusation.

 

“Me? Hurting your friend? Luna, I’ll never hurt Jieun...I mean, I always and all but I would never do something to hurt her.” Wooyoung defended himself as he really never meant to hurt Jieun. Hurting her was the same as hurting himself.

 

“Then why you want to leave her? You know how hard it is for Jieun to accept people in her life? Now, when she already accepts you, you simply want to back off?” Luna continued to accuse as she felt bad for Jieun and she didn’t know that it was just a misunderstanding.

 

“What are you talking about? Who said I’m leaving? I never plan to leave her...I love her. Why should I leave her?” Wooyoung started to lose his patience when Luna kept accusing. He didn’t even know where she got all the wrong ideas from.

 

“But Jieun told me that you’re leaving to US...that’s why she got drunk like this...she’s sad knowing that you’re leaving.” Luna gasped as she realized that something definitely wrong going on there. She looked at Jieun that was still mumbling weird words. Wooyoung did the same...suddenly he chuckled upon remembering something.

 

“I think she misunderstands something...I bought plane tickets for my friends yesterday...they’re for my friends, not for me. Maybe she saw those plane tickets since I left them on the table, that’s why she thought I’m leaving...” Wooyoung smiled lightly, staring at Jieun that looked red because of the alcohol. Somehow, she looked so innocent and cute like that. After a while, Luna laughed a little, thinking how silly her friend can be. I was just a misunderstanding but she was still clueless about it.

 

“Wooyoung...I’m so sorry for accusing you. I was too emotional just now...I should ask you nicely about it.” Luna apologized to Wooyoung as she felt guilty for yelling at him.

 

“Nah...it’s okay. I know you care about Jieun a lot. I don’t mind at all but she should ask me first before making her own assumption.” Wooyoung whined but then he chuckled seeing Jieun sleeping innocently.

 

“But now I know...you do love her.” Luna teased suddenly. Wooyoung gaped as he didn’t even realize that he admitted that he loved Jieun in front of Luna just now.

 

“Well, now you know...” Wooyoung said after a while.

 

“Yes...I know it now but I hope Jieun will get to know it too. You never confess to her, right?” Luna looked at Wooyoung that sat on the chair beside Jieun.

 

“She will know it...very soon.” He said while staring at the sleeping Jieun. He her cheeks gently while smiling.



 


“Lunaaaaaaa...Lunaaaaa...drink....drink....drink...” Jieun shouted happily while clapping.

 

“Aish...this girl. Lee Jieun, stop moving. You’re hurting my back you know...How come you can be this heavy with petite body of yours.” Wooyoung complained, trying to balance himself as Jieun made some extensive movements on his back. He was piggy-backing her on his back since Jieun can’t even walk properly because she was too drunk. Luna was not with them anymore since she lived in the opposite direction of their house...so, she left Jieun with Wooyoung, asking him to take a good care of her.

 

“Um...ajusshi,w-who are you? You don’t sound like Lunaaaaaa.... ” Jieun suddenly tapped Wooyoung’s cheeks with her hands while taking a look at his face but she still didn’t realize that he’s Wooyoung.

 

“Y-Yah...what did you call me? Ahjusshi? I’m not that old okay.” Wooyoung chuckled thinking how clueless Jieun can be.

 

“Ah-jus-shi...can you buy me more drinks?...soju...ahh, soju tasted...good...” Jieun continued to mumble while laughing on Wooyoung’s back. Wooyoung tightened his grasp on her, supporting her with all his might.

 

“No...you can’t drink anymore. I won’t let you.” Wooyoung answered calmly as he walked slowly along the street, with Jieun on his back. He knew that he should walk faster since the weather getting colder but he didn’t bother about it...getting closer to Jieun was all he wanted for now...’I wish the street is longer...’

 

“Ahhhh...ahjusshi....wae?...can’t you buy them...so-ju...for me?” Jieun hit Wooyoung’s back lightly, protesting.  (***wae=why***)

 

“Why should I buy them for you? What do I get in return?” Wooyoung . He enjoyed teasing her when she was drunk like that.

 

“Ummmm....I will...give you...a...kiss!” After she finished talking, Jieun planted a quick kiss on Wooyoung’s left cheek, making him stopped walking at that instant. He froze right there, shocked with Jieun’s sudden, unexpected kiss. He totally didn’t expect that coming since Jieun will never do that kind of thing if she’s in sober condition...but since she’s totally not herself right now, everything went different.

 

‘I can’t believe this...Lee Jieun kissed me?’ Wooyoung widened his eyes in disbelief...unconsciously, he loosened his grasp on her...making her position on his back became unstable. Jieun yelped when she realized that she almost fell, making Wooyoung snapped out from his own little shock world...Wooyoung tightened his grasp on her again.

 

“Lee Jieun, are you okay?” He asked quickly, feeling panicked as he almost dropped her on the street.

 

“Ah-jus-shi...hurt...it’s hurt...” Jieun said slowly, cracking her voice.

 

“Yah...you hurt somewhere?” Wooyoung asked in concern. He placed her gently on a swing at the park nearby. He bended down in front of her, checking her hands and feet as he afraid that she might get hurt somewhere.

 

“Ah-juss-shi...he...will leave me soon...” Jieun said slowly, smiling bitterly. Wooyoung looked up, staring at Jieun’s teary eyes.

 

“Jieun-ah...” Wooyoung called her softly, cupping her face with his hands. Jieun looked straight into his eyes.

 

“Ah...ahjusshi, why...why you look so much like....him?” Jieun asked innocently, touching his face.

 

“Babo...Lee Jieun, can’t you see? I’m...him, Jang Wooyoung. Look at me properly.” Wooyoung pulled her face closer to his, hoping that Jieun will recognize him this time. Jieun stared at him with her teary eyes, blinking confusedly as her mind was still under the influence of alcohol. She shook her head a few times, trying to clear up her mind. Wooyoung chuckled seeing her reaction.

 

“Maybe you should get drunk sometimes...I like this drunk Lee Jieun. Cute.” Wooyoung ruffled her hairs lightly as Jieun frowned at him.

 

“Woo...young???” Jieun pointed at him suddenly, asking whether he’s really Wooyoung. Wooyoung nodded slowly while smiling warmly at her.

 

“Jieun-ah...I’m your Wooyoung.” He whispered softly at her ear.

 

 Jieun looked at him without blinking. Wooyoung smiled...suddenly, he cupped her face again and then he kissed her lips softly. Wooyoung stared at her when he pulled away...she looked so confused...her face was slightly red and her lips trembled because of the cold weather. He embraced her tightly when he saw her body shivered.

 

“So, you don’t want me to leave?” Wooyoung asked softly. Jieun didn’t answer but she shook her head instead as she wrapped her hands around Wooyoung’s waist, hugging him tightly. Wooyoung smiled with her response.

 

“Arasso...I won’t leave...I’ll stay for you. Yah, next time you should ask me first before making random assumption. Don’t be sad because of me anymore...arasso?” Wooyoung said firmly, tapping Jieun’s back lightly. Jieun pulled away from the hug and then she stared at Wooyoung.

 

“P-Promise? Y-You...won’t leave?” Jieun muttered slowly but it’s clear enough for Wooyoung to understand her.

 

“Promise.” Wooyoung said quickly as he lifted his right hand up in the air, swearing...sealing his promise. Jieun clapped happily while smiling. Wooyoung pinched her cheeks, grinning at her.

 

“Lee Jieun...I don’ know whether you will remember this or not, when you get sober tomorrow...but for now, I want you to know that I really like you and there’s no way I’ll leave you.” Wooyoung said carefully while placing his hands on her shoulders, looking straight into her beautiful eyes.

 

“I really like you too.” Jieun responded, smiling happily at Wooyoung while patting his shoulders. Wooyoung widened his eyes, staring at her in disbelief. After a while, he chuckled bitterly.

 

“Oh really...I would love to hear those words again when you’re sober, not drunk like this.” He sighed deeply as he thought that Jieun didn’t mean the words that she’s saying as she’s too drunk right now. He thought she probably didn’t know what she’s saying at him.

 

“Ah...wae??? Y-You don’t trust me?....listen...I..really...really...really...like youuu.” Jieun mumbled, pointing at Wooyoung that was staring at her.

 

“You listen here...I’m sorry to do this. I know you might kill me if you’re sober but....” Wooyoung paused as he pulled her closer and...he kissed her again. Jieun widened her eyes for a few seconds but slowly, she closed her eyes after that, enjoying the kiss. Wooyoung deepened the kiss, conveying all his feelings for her as Jieun replied to his kiss after a moment. They stayed like that as the first snow began to fall slowly...showering both of them.

 

‘but I still want to do this...no matter what’s the risk.......’

 



 

***uwaaa...it's already winter...lol...so random><

dangsin-eun eotteohge saeng-gaghaseyo? aka what do you think?  lol ***