Chapter 36: DATE???

BAD BOY GOOD GIRL (BBGG)

 

Wooyoung’s POV

“So...you need to differentiate the equation first, then compare the whole thing....then....” and blah...blah...blah...blerghh....whatever. Hyung’s voice sounded so soft and calm....well, soft and calm enough to kill me inside. I cleared my throat loudly...when I said loud, it’s really loud.

 

“You got any problem to ask Wooyoung?” Joong Ki hyung turned around to face me with a confuse look on his face. Jieun shot a death glare towards me. She looked pissed off because I interrupted their discussion like it was some kind of important things to be discussed about. I don’t care anyway!

 

‘Yeah...I got some problems seeing you standing so close to Lee Jieun. It would be nice if you take a few steps away from her. I mean...you guys are too close okay.’ I tried my best not to speak my mind. I cleared my throat again...this time, it was not as loud as before. I already managed to grab their attention...so, no need to be exaggerated anymore.

 

“Uh...hyung, can you please take a look at this question?” I randomly picked a reference book next to me, pointing at a random question as soon as I opened the book and hence, pretending to look confuse and curious at the same time. Oh well, I was just hoping that I didn’t look stupid or retard. So not cool...

 

“Can’t you wait until oppa finished teaching me first?” Jieun asked in annoyance. I clearly knew she was annoyed at me right now judging from her glares. She always sent me those glares anyway...so, it’s not a big deal anymore. I kept my poker face, ignoring her glares.

 

“Well...I can’t.” I answered nonchalantly.

 

This girl was so...ughh...how come she still remained oblivious when a guy was standing too close to her? I knew he was teaching her but they should keep a distance with each other...seriously...their face were only centimeters away from each other and what’ up with all the hand touching and all? I caught hyung stealing glances at her few times while smiling. You really didn’t realize that Lee Jieun? Really? Huh...So, they were always like this when I was not around during the tutor session? I won’t stand a chance to be that close to her as she will step back immediately each time I tried to be close to her as if I was some kind of bacteria, germs or something. The last time I got the chance to be that close to her was when we were at the school’s rooftop the other day, mainly because she was afraid of the height or else she will kill me if I stood that close to her. Wait...speaking of that rooftop incident, did she actually remember about our date? Well, she never say ‘yes’ to me but she didn’t say ‘no’ as well. She kept shut the whole time after we left the rooftop, probably feeling embarrassed because she accidently hugged me...tightly. I didn’t mind at all actually...I meant, why should I mind to be hugged comfortably by a girl that I liked, right? She was afraid and I tried my best to comfort her...so, it’s a win-win situation. Okay, I didn’t sound like a ert, right?

 

“Um...Wooyoung! Hello!” I snapped out from my own little world when Joong Ki hyung waved his hands in front of my face continuously.

 

“Uh...hyung...take a look at this question.” I pointed at a random question on the book as soon as I cleared my throat for the third times today.

 

“That’s what I’m trying to tell you about...Are you actually aware that we are discussing about Calculus right now? Not Biology! This is a Biology book.” He looked at me sternly. I cleared my throat...again.

 

Ughh...Crap...I’m busted! Well...I did pay my attention on him for the first hour but Calculus always giving me headache and I was distracted by his glances towards Jieun...and stupid me for randomly picking a Biology book instead of Calculus book. I mentally slapped myself for that.

 

“Err...hyung...of course I’m giving my full attention on your class. It’s just that this Biology question keep bothering me. You know hyung...I love Biology so much until I can’t get enough of it...haha.” Okay...what a stupid and lame excuses...I knew that...again, stupid me. Joong Ki hyung raised his eyebrows in disbelief, yeah...I knew he will never believe in me and I heard Jieun chuckled at me. Thanks a lot for your ‘support’ Lee Jieun =.=...

 

“Since when you’re that interested in Biology? As far as I’m concerned, you sleep in Biology class all the time. Oh wait...actually, you spend most of your time in school, sleeping and skipping classes.” Jieun scoffed. I glared at her. This girl...aishh...she made me sounded like a total useless, lazy guy. Okay, maybe I was a little...just A LITTLE, lazy...but hey, at least I didn’t sleep in PE classes.

 

“Hey...that was not true. I didn’t sleep all the time okay...and I’m always interested in Biology. Biology is fun, we get to learn about...err...living things, microorganisms, bacteria and all. It’s FUN.” I gave my points, trying to sound confident and smart. Yeah...Biology was ‘fun’, we did learn all those ‘gross things’ in Biology...ewww.

 

“Yeah...right. Whatever.” Jieun blew her bang. I will say that she looked cute doing that if I wasn’t aware with the fact that she was annoyed with me right now. Was I really that annoying to you, Lee Jieun?

 

“Yah...what do you mean by that? I’m just----------” I tried to confront her but hyung stopped me from having a further tongue fight with her.

 

“Enough...both of you. Just stop. You guys make me feel dizzy. I need to use the toilet for a while. Wooyoung, I’ll explain the answer to you later okay...but for now, open your Calculus book first. Arasso??!!!” Joong Ki hyung raised his voice a little. Well, he sounded a bit mad? Okay...it’s my fault. I nodded half heartedly and then he left the special study room. My mom prepared this room for our tutor session.

 

“Yah...do you actually paying attention to Joong Ki oppa when he is teaching us?” Jieun broke the one minutes silence after hyung left the room.

 

“Of course I did.” I answered simply. Okay...I lied to her.

 

“I know you don’t Wooyoung.” She sighed deeply. She looked upset and I couldn’t help but feeling upset as well because I knew she’s upset with me.

 

“Wooyoung...when can you actually learn to be serious with your action and your life? Even if you hate this, can you please consider about your parents’ hopes on you?” She asked calmly, looking deep into my eyes before she turned her back on me. I was left speechless with her sudden, honest question.

 

All this while, she thought I was not being serious in everything that I did? Sure enough...I’m not a serious guy that excelled in everything like Joong Ki hyung but that didn’t mean that I was just joking around all the time. However, when thinking back about how I live my life all these years, probably she was not wrong at all. I wasted two years of my life doing nothing, just enjoying my life in US with my friends and I didn’t even consider how my parents felt about that. But still...that didn’t mean that I didn’t give a damn about my life. I did care...about a lot of things.

 

“Lee Jieun...I’m being serious about my life and I’ll prove it to you!” I made up my mind after a while. I stared at her back as she lifted her head upon hearing my words. She almost turned around to face me when Joong Ki hyung suddenly walked into the room after some refreshments, looking calmer than before. He stared at both of us, probably feeling weird seeing the awkward atmosphere between us.

 

“Something wrong?” He asked curiously, raising his eyebrows.

 

“Nothing wrong hyung...let’s just continue our class now.” I answered calmly, flipping the Calculus book in front of me. Calculus...here I come.

 

Joong Ki hyung looked at me in disbelief, probably feeling shocked with the ‘new’ me that suddenly looked interested on his class. Yeah...I’ll prove it to him...and Lee Jieun as well, especially.

 

“Um...okay then...continue to the next topic...”

 

END OF WOOYOUNG’S POV

 


 


“Jieun...want to have lunch with me today?”

 

 Wooyoung almost trip over a chair upon hearing that question coming out from his hyung’s mouth. He took a quick glance at Jieun that looked a bit startled but she remained calm after that.

 

“Sure...I will cook for you today. You already help me a lot...so, I need to repay you.” Jieun answered while smiling sweetly at Joong Ki.

 

“No...you don’t need to cook for me. Let’s just eat outside, okay?” Joong Ki hyung grabbed Jieun’s hand gently when she was about to leave the study room after their tutor session ended.

 

Wooyoung widened his eyes upon looking at that situation. He gritted his teeth, trying not to yell at Joong Ki so that he let go of Jieun’s hand. He glared at Joong Ki, and then he stared at Jieun, waiting for her response... ‘He is asking her out on a date, in front of me? That was just...ughh...Lee Jieun, you won’t say yes to him, right? You owe me a date, remember?’

 

Jieun gulped as she looked straight into Joong Ki’s eyes that looked really sincere and calm...’Is he asking me for a date? No...that can’t be. Don’t think too much Jieun. But I suppose to watch movie with Wooyoung today...but I can’t say no to oppa as well...aigoo...’ Jieun snapped out from her thought when she realized that Wooyoung was looking at her intensely. She took a quick glance at Wooyoung but then she looked away immediately when Wooyoung narrowed his eyes, trying to warn Jieun not to accept Joong Ki’s request.

 

“Oppa...I----------”

 

DING DONG DING DONG

 

Jieun was about to give her final decision when the doorbell rang...

 

“Um...I’ll get that.” Jieun ran towards the front door...’Pheww...that was intense.’

 

Wooyoung glared at Joong Ki that looked frustrated when Jieun left without giving her answer. He already gathered up all his courage to ask her out...indirectly...but it seemed like his plan failed. Joong Ki looked at Wooyoung when he eventually realized that Wooyoung shot a death glare at him.

 

“What?” He asked innocently...feeling confused with Wooyoung’s glare. ‘Ugh...this is embarrassing. Why I ask her out in front of Wooyoung anyway? I should have chosen a quieter place, when no one is around except me and her...aigoo...now Wooyoung will make a fun of me, being rejected by a girl in front of him...just great!’

 

“You’re asking her out?” Wooyoung asked, trying to hold back his jealousy so that it didn’t seem obvious.

 

“Um...yeah...why, you have any problem with that?” Joong Ki asked curiously while folding his arms. He was still embarrassed but Wooyoung’s jealous tones made him felt curious. ‘Don’t tell me...he is in love with...’

 

“You like Jieun?” Joong Ki asked bluntly, raising his voice a little when Wooyoung was not answering Joong Ki’s question but he scratched the back of his head instead, obviously...he was struggling to think of something to say but nothing seem to come across his mind as he ended up looking a bit...stupid.

 

“Huh...w-what? Hyung...haha...you’re funny...umm...there’s no way I’ll like her...she’s just...err...a friend. Yeah...a friend.” Wooyoung stuttered nervously as he was lying to cover up his true feeling.

 

Joong Ki chuckled upon seeing Wooyoung’s reaction...’Since when this guy stutters when talking? He is always so full of himself. Jang Wooyoung, you’re so obvious...so, you like Lee Jieun too huh?’  Joong Ki was about to walk towards Wooyoung when he realized that Jieun was standing at the doorway, staring at Wooyoung as Wooyoung looked down, oblivious to Jieun’s stares. Somehow, Jieun looked flushed and...hurt.

 

“Ah...Jieun. You’re here.” Joong Ki called her, trying to sound as cheerful as possible. Jieun averted her stare towards Joong Ki as she tried her best to smile at him.

 

Wooyoung lifted his head when he heard Joong Ki’s calling Jieun’s name. He gasped upon seeing Jieun standing at the doorway with flushed face of hers...’She didn’t hear me...right? That can’t be...crap, I really hope she didn’t listen to our conversation just now. Please no...’

 

“Ah...oppa. Yeah...um...I’m here again. By the way, someone is here....” Jieun answered awkwardly.

 

“Wooyoung-ah, Joong Ki-shi....annyeong.” Suddenly, a pretty woman walked into the room with a cheerful voice of hers.

 

“Noona...what are you doing here?” Wooyoung asked, surprised with Gina’s sudden visit to his house, without his other friends.

 

“Ah...I’m so boring staying at the hotel by myself. The other guys leave to Busan this morning, visiting Junsu’s families there. Since I have some works to do in Seoul, I can’t go with them. Well, I hope I don’t bother you guys with my surprise visit.” Gina flashed her gorgeous smiles at everyone in the room.

 

“Oh...not at all unnie. We just finish our tutor session. I’m glad you come.” Jieun said softly while smiling at her.

 

“Jieun-ah...I miss you a lot. Why don’t you come to visit us at the hotel? I always ask Wooyoung to bring you along with him when we hang out together but you never show up. Junho is always asking about you.” Gina laughed a little, thinking about Junho that kept bugging Wooyoung, asking about Jieun each time they hang out and Wooyoung will simply ignore him, pretending like he didn’t hear a thing from Junho.

 

“Um...I’m a bit busy with my study unnie. Sorry.” Jieun gave her lame excuse that she could think of. She looked at Wooyoung as he rubbed his nape, looking guilty...’The truth is...he never asks me to come with him whenever he meets you guys. Well, why should I come along when he wants to spend his time with you, right?’

 

“Guys...I think I need to go now. We meet again later okay. Gina-shi, glad to meet you today.” Joong Ki flashed his sweet smile at Gina. He was still a bit embarrassed to look at Jieun as he thought that Jieun rejected him...well, indirectly.

 

“Oppa...what about our lunch today?” Jieun asked softly when Joong Ki was about to leave the room.

 

Joong Ki stopped at the doorway, right beside Jieun as their shoulder touched. He faced Jieun, looking straight into her eyes...Jieun gave him a sweet smile in return.

 

Wooyoung clenched his fist upon looking at those two...‘This is not happening to me....right?’

 

“Ah...you guys want to go out for lunch? That’s great. I was about to ask you guys out for lunch too...Why don’t all of us hang out together today?” Gina asked cheerfully, not aware of the real situation at all.

 

“That sounds great. Let’s go.” Wooyoung brighten up all of a sudden as he dragged Joong Ki away from Jieun, heading towards the front door excitedly. Jieun was left flustered as Gina took her hand and dragged her towards the front door as well. Everyone had mixed feelings about the so-called ‘double date’...

 

‘Oh no...I’m trying my best to leave them alone but what is happening right now? Aigoo...’

 

‘Yes! There’s no way I’ll let them alone...together. I’ll keep bugging this guy. You wouldn’t stand a chance to be alone with her when I’m around....WAHAHAHAHAHAHA.’

 

‘Great...This kind of thing needs to happen on my first official date with a girl? Whatever...as long as I can spend more time with her.’

 

‘This gonna be great...But why everyone looks weird? Ah...maybe it’s just me...’ 

 

 

 

 

***LOL hard slot...can you guess who is this guy/girl? i can't believe it's him/her...rofl ;p***

***in case you guys are confuse...i'll confirm it...YES, it's JANG WOOYOUNG....BUAHAHHAHAHAHAH><***


 

***sorry...the date...or should i call 'double date'(?) will be on the next chapter...tehehehe...i promise, i'll update again tomorrow as the double date probably got two parts...lol><

sorry again...that i made it as double date, not single woou date that you guys are going gaga for...lol...but i have my own reason for that...hehe...just wait...i'll try my best to make it interesting okay^^

btw, credit to 'yeahmilkycouple' tumblr for the gorgeous, big banner><

i love you guys...and thank you for the new readers/subscribers><***