Chapter 42: Misunderstanding

BAD BOY GOOD GIRL (BBGG)

 

Jieun's POV

“Wah...this is great!” I screamed a little while stretching my body. Finally the final examination had finished and I felt really great. After spending most of my time struggling with the books and notes, finally I can rest peacefully now. I was laying on the sofa in the living room while watching television. I messed with the remote control, changing the channel several times but none of the programmes catch my attention. Finally I chose to stick to a variety show where all the peoples kept running everywhere, searching for their target...suited the title of the program, Running Man. Um...weird but one of the guy really looked like Joong Ki oppa...or was it just me? (***LOL XD***)

 

Wooyoung?...he was nowhere to be seen. When I woke up this morning, he already left the house, leaving a note at my door saying that he needed to go somewhere first and we will celebrate the end of the examination together after he came home. I wonder what was so important until he needed to leave the house early in the morning. I glanced at the door, hoping that he will come home by now since I already felt bored staying alone in the house. I hate to admit this but I kinda missed him when he’s not around...even though he kept getting on my nerves when he’s around but I felt empty when he’s not with me. I realized that my feelings towards him became stronger day by day and I can’t even stop it. Even most of the words that came out from his mouth were only intended to tease and make me angry but I couldn’t help to like the way he teased and cheered me up.

 

Suddenly I remembered about our deal...I need to grant his wish if he gets good grades for the examination. Aigoo...that guy kept teasing me with that deal these days. He told me to be prepared as he seemed very confident that he will pass with good grades...and I must fulfill my promise when that day came. Somehow, I smell trouble for myself.

 

“That guy is always so full of himself.” I said a bit too loud once I sat up on the sofa.

 

“Yah...are you talking about me?” I almost jumped hearing a sudden voice behind me. I turned around nervously only to see Wooyoung smirking at me.

 

“How long you have been here?” I asked confusedly since I didn’t even realize when he came home and stood behind me.

 

“Um...about 5 minutes ago.” He said while taking a seat beside me.

 

“Now, tell me...are you talking about me just now?” He asked again, focusing his sight on me.

 

“N-No I did not...why should I?” I looked away from him, hoping that he won’t sense my flushed face.

 

“Oh...really? I wonder what you’re thinking about since you seem so lost in your thought just now...you don’t even realize I’m here. You sure love to daydream huh?” He chuckled at me. I knew he was staring at me right now...and my cheeks heated up again. Uh...snapped it out Lee Jieun, stop feeling embarrassed!

 

“Daydream what? No, I’m not...I’m just thinking about something important.” I pretended to focus my sight on the television.

 

“Um...I wonder who’s that important guy...that is always so full of himself.” I gulped as he sounded so curious...Wait, he heard me just now? I looked at him as he narrowed his eyes at me curiously.

 

“Y-Yah...I said something important...not someone, you idiot. By the way, where did you go since morning?” I asked quickly, trying to drop the earlier subject. Besides, I really wanted to know where he went, leaving me alone in this house.

 

“Why? You miss me when I’m not around?” He asked playfully while smirking at me. I rolled my eyes in annoyance...I shouldn’t ask him about that.

 

“You know what...forget it. I’m not even interested to know...just keep it to yourself.” I stood up, ready to walk away from him. He always got on my nerveseach time we talked, I was used to it already...

 

“Jieun-ah...” I froze when he suddenly called me softly. He turned me around to face him...then he gently placed his hands on my shoulders while giving me his oh-so-sweet smiles ever. Okay...hands up.

 

“I’m just joking...don’t be angry. I know you won’t miss this not-so-important guy.” He said sadly...well, faking his sad voice perhaps as I can sense that he was trying to suppress his laughter. He even made some sad looks, biting his lower lips...somehow, he looked cute though, like a lost puppy and I love puppy. Wait...what was I thinking? I mentally slapped myself for falling into his tricks again.

 

“Whatever.” I looked away from him...well, that was the only thing that I could do right now. I saw him smiling from the corner of my eye and I couldn’t help but smiled secretly as well.”

 

“Okay...Jang Wooyoung reporting to Miss Lee Jieun...I need to go out early in the morning to buy plane tickets...satisfied?” He looked straight at me and then I heard him chuckled.

 

“Come on...you don’t want to take a look at my handsome face? Am I becoming too good looking these days?” He teased me as I still refused to look at him. I quickly turned my head to look at him as soon as I heard him bragging again.

 

“As if.” I said simply, folding my arms.

 

“Well, that’s better.” He chuckled again while pokingmy head lightly. I glared at him, signaling him to stop poking me but he acted dumb.

 

“Yah...stop that!” Finally I shoved his hand away when he didn’t show any sign to stop.

 

“Aigoo...uri Jieun is so cute when she gets angry.” Now, my cheeks became his next target as he pinched my cheeks lightly. It didn’t hurt at all but I felt so embarrassed right now. I wanted to look down but it will be so obvious if I did that...I didn’t want him to realize that I was actually embarrassed with him. Ughh...this guy was so ignorant...

 

“Jang Wooyoung...stop it!” I pretended to be angry, hiding my true feelings. He stopped at that instant, probably shocked hearing my sudden burst.

 

“O-Oh...okay.” He pulled away his hands from my face immediately and then he rubbed his nape...silent filled in the air and the atmosphere was getting awkward.

 

“Uh...I’m so tired...so, I’ll go to my room first.” He said after a while, turning to walk away from me. I nodded lightly. Okay...did I act too harsh with him?

 

I sat on the sofa again, thinking about my actions...suddenly few medium size papers on the table caught my attention. It looked like plane tickets...obviously they belong to Wooyoung since he said that he went to buy plane tickets just now. I took one of the plane tickets...it was one-way flight to US, the date was on the day after our graduation. My heart skipped a beat...If this ticket belonged to Wooyoung, then he...I stopped thinking, I needed to stop thinking about it...I sighed deeply, trying to breathe properly...tears started to form in my eyes and I did my best to try and hold them in but they seem to disobey me...finally I chuckled lightly through the tears. What was I expecting from him? I expected him to stay for me? Really? He had his own life in US...his friends and Gina unnie. Why should he stay here for me anyway? I was just a friend...and he will leave eventually...

END OF JIEUN’S POV



 


“Yo dude.” Junho hugged Wooyoung as soon as he opened the door for him.

 

“Ugh...get off me. You smell terrible. Have you taken a bath?” Wooyoung pushed him away and then he made his way into the hotel room...it was a suite actually, the finest room in the hotel.

 

“He just woke up dude...he don’t even brush his teeth yet.” Nichkhun explained. He was laying on the bed, watching television with Junsu and Taecyeon. Chansung was eating his breakfast while reading magazine.

 

“Gross.” Wooyoung narrowed his eyes at Junho that acted dumb as he walked towards Chansung, wanting to grab some breakfast.

 

“Go and take your bath first.” Chansung told him firmly before he got that chance to touch the breakfast on the table. Junho dragged his feet lazily towards the bathroom as he knew he can never win over Chansung.

 

“Here are the plane tickets...it’s on the day after my graduation.” Wooyoung placed the plane tickets that he bought on the table. Chansung grabbed the tickets.

 

“Hmm...there are only five tickets here.” Chansung raised his eyebrows after he counted the amount of tickets.

 

“Dude...we have six peoples here including you. Did you forget to buy the other one?” Taecyeon asked, scratching his head.

 

“No.” Wooyoung answered simply.

 

“What do you mean by that?” Junsu asked confusedly. Now, every eye there focused on Wooyoung that looked calm.

 

“That means someone will stay here.” Chansung answered Junsu as he understood why there were only five tickets there.

 

“Uh...who will stay? We will leave to US together right?” Nichkhun stared at Chansung that looked like he knew everything that was going on there.

 

“So, you decide to stay for her huh? Finally...I’m proud of you.” Chansung casually walked towards Wooyoung and then he gave him a brotherly hug, ignoring all the confuse looks from Taecyeon, Junsu and Nichkhun.

 

“Err...dude, we’re here you know. Mind to give us explanations first?” Junsu finally asked.

 

“Wooyoung will stay for his true love...Lee Jieun.” Chansung announced as Wooyoung looked down, feeling embarrassed all of a sudden.

 

“What????” Junsu and Taecyeon screamed in unison.

 

“I knew it.” Nichkhun said suddenly, folding his arms calmly.

 

“Oh...you know?” Wooyoung lifted his head, looking at Nichkhun...the rest of the guys did the same.  Nichkhun walked towards Wooyoung and then he patted his shoulder lightly.

 

“I’m not that dumb you know.” He claimed, smiling at Wooyoung.

 

“Now, I thought you know nothing like the rest of the guys here.” Chansung patted Nichkhun’s shoulder.

 

“Hey, never underestimate me okay...I’m the brilliant Thai prince.” Nichkhun said proudly.

 

“Yo...are you guys trying to say that we’re dumb?” Suddenly Taecyeon exclaimed while pointing at himself and Junsu that looked puzzled. Wooyoung, Chansung and Nichkhun shrugged in return, not commenting anything about it.

 

“I bet Nichkhun only pretend likes he knew it all along...” Junsu suddenly said when he finally realized what was going on there.

 

“Yeah...I second that...I bet he is just like us before, clueless about everything but now he pretends like he knew it all along so that he looks smart here...” Taecyeon joined Junsu’s plot, provoking Nichkhun. They smirked at him evilly.

 

“Dude...please okay...I’m not pretending at all. You guys are totally out of my league in term of brain functionality, I’m naturally smart than you guys. Accept that.” Nichkhun smirked at them back.

 

“Yeah, right. I wonder since when.” Junsu muttered. Taecyeon nodded in agreement as he heard Junsu.

 

“Yo...you guys said something?” Nichkhun asked. Junsu and Taecyeon shook frantically while smiling as only they knew what they were thinking.

 

“Okay...back to Wooyoung. Yah, how come I never realize that you like Jieun-shi? I thought you will never get over Gina nuna.” Taecyeon scratched his head again.

 

“Maybe that’s because you care about your food more than your friend.” Chansung answered him, chuckling when he remembered about Taecyeon’s craze for food.

 

“Dude...that was mean. I love food but of course I love Wooyoung more.” Taecyeon made a loving face while making his way to hug Wooyoung. Wooyoung reacted faster as he pushed him away lightly before he could hug him.

 

“Eww...stay away from me.” Wooyoung made a disgusted look.

 

“Oww...what happens now? You used to love my bear hugs before.” Taecyeon pretended to sulk because Wooyoung rejected his hug.

 

“Yeah, right. Since when I love all your disgusting hugs?” Wooyoung shot a death glare at Taecyeon that tend to hug him liked he was a girl or something.

 

“Dude...stay away from him. He is already taken, remember? Of course he will reserve his body only for Jieun-shi.” Chansung laughed evilly after he said that. The rest of the guys joined him after a while...Wooyoung’s face reddened, feeling embarrassed.

 

“Oh...I forgot about that. Thank you for reminding me dude.” Taecyeon lifted his hand, making a high five with Chansung while laughing.

 

“Y-Yah...what are you guys talking about? Dirty guys!” Wooyoung exclaimed as he turned away from them, grabbing a glass of water on the table. He actually tried to hide his flushed face.

 

“Oh come on Wooyoung...don’t acts all innocent with us. Besides, I’m talking about hugs...not something else. Hugging is not a dirty thing...dude, do you actually thinking about something else other than hugging?” Chansung continued to tease as he felt amused to see Wooyoung’s flushed face. He never acted that way before. Wooyoung spitted the water when he heard Chansung’s teases.

 

“We got you.” Taecyeon said playfully with a sly smile on his face.

 

“Y-Yah...it’s not what you think...I was just...uh...um...” Wooyoung struggled to think of something smart to say but he ended up stuttering, making his friends smiling at him slyly.

 

“Okay guys...I think that’s enough for today...Wooyoung’s cheeks are already burning up right now.” Nichkhun chuckled upon seeing Wooyoung’s face.

 

“Wow...Wooyoung is actually blushing...I don’t know you can be this cute dude.” Taecyeon attempted to squish Wooyoung’s cheeks but Wooyoung blocked his face quickly.

 

“Yah...I’m not blushing! It’s just that...err...I-I got some fever...that’s why...” Wooyoung wanted to continue giving excuses but Chansung cut him off.

 

“Yeah...whatever Wooyoung.” He said teasingly.

 

“Dude...I’m telling you the truth okay.” Wooyoung still wanted everyone to believe in him when he was actually lying.

 

“Fine dude...we believe in you okay. So, you can stop making lame excuses now.” Junsu patted Wooyoung’s shoulder while laughing.

 

“Dude...I’m a bit sad that you won’t come back with us but your happiness is here...so, I wish you all the best.” Nichkhun said with a slight serious tone than before.

 

“Yeah...we support your decision. Jieun-shi is a very nice girl anyway. You’re lucky dude.” Junsu added, patting Wooyoung’s shoulder again. Taecyeon, Nichkhun and Chansung nodded in agreement.

 

“So, you have confessed to her?” Chansung asked, raising his eyebrows.

 

“Not yet...but I will...after our graduation.” Wooyoung answered confidently.

 

“What took you so long to confess? You can just do it anytime.” Taecyeon asked curiously.

 

“Believe me...if you really love someone, it takes a lot of courage to confess to her since you really like her and many negative things will cross your mind like what if she rejects you, then you will lost her forever and many other things that I couldn’t explain...let’s just say, I’m more confident to confess after the graduation...I want to prove something to her first.” Wooyoung said calmly, looking at his friends one by one. His friends were looking at him in awe. All of a sudden, they clapped in unison.

 

“I’m so...touched. We’re very proud of you.” Chansung said proudly and then he hugged Wooyoung. The rest of the guys joined him after that. They hugged Wooyoung tightly, making him choked.

 

“Y-Yah...you guys trying to kill me?” Wooyoung struggled to escape from the brotherly hug.

 

“Yo...what is going on here? Did I miss something interesting?” Suddenly Junho came out from the bathroom, wearing bathrobe. The guys stopped hugging Wooyoung...now, all the eyes were focused on Junho that looked clueless about the situation.

 

“Crap...we forgot about this dude.” Taecyeon rubbed his chin...all of them nodded in agreement except Junho that looked even more clueless. They knew Junho had a thing for Jieun since the first time he met her.

 

Wooyoung gulped...’Now, how I’m gonna explain this to him?’

 

“Naah...don’t worry. He will get over this within few days...we all know Junho, right?” Chansung responded as he understood Junho’s behavior. He used to fall in love with a lot of girls before but he will get over them when he met someone else. Junho The Player...Junho placed his hands on his hips, demanding explanations from his friends.

 

“I’ll leave him to you guys then.” Wooyoung quickly made his way towards the door.

 

“Don’t worry dude...we’ll take care of this fellow.” Taecyeon patted Junho’s shoulder that looked flustered.

 

“Good luck dude.” Nichkhun shouted before Wooyoung closed the door. Junho tapped his feet impatiently, looking at his friends one by one...

 

“Can someone tell me what is going on here? Why are you guys talking about me?”

 



 

*** SORRY if i take like forever to update=.=....i felt really bad about it...mianhe readers><

so, Jieun thought Wooyoung will leave...but it was just a misunderstanding...tehehe

i'll update chap43 today...later...coz i'm still writing right now....i tried my best to make long chapter so that you guys can read more okay....

countdown: 4 chapters left...i'll try my best...hwaiting!!!!!***