Chapter 22: Dongdaemun Market Incident

BAD BOY GOOD GIRL (BBGG)

Jieun’s POV

It has been a month since I officially declared Wooyoung as my friend. Nothing change much after that. He’s still with his silly teasing and stupid jokes all the time. But I was slowly getting used with that. I managed to control my temper now because I knew he’s just teasing. Even though he really got on my nerves sometimes, but he’s my friend right? I can never get mad with my friends. We’re really close with each other now, even Luna complained that I didn’t spend much time with her now because I’m always with Wooyoung. Wooyoung kept dragging me everywhere he went, even to his baseball practice. I wanted to refuse but he kept making his not-so-much-puppy-eyes each time I complained. I didn’t know what’s wrong with me but I just followed him in the end.

 

“Jieun-ah…let’s go shopping.” Auntie Jang called me from downstairs. She kept asking me to call her ‘omma’ since Wooyoung stop calling her ‘omma’ when he’s 15 years old…plus, she really wanted me to be her daughter but I can never bring myself to do so. It was just too awkward for me. Seriously…I don’t know why Wooyoung was so rude with her own mother…calling her ahjumma and all…I will never treat my mother like that. All guys were like that when they grew up? I don’t know…

 

“Yah…what took you so long? That ahjumma is already waited for you downstairs…” Like his usual ‘well-mannered’ behavior, Wooyoung always entered my room without asking…or even knocking!

 

“Yah…can you please knock the door first…and you can only enter my room when I give you the permission to do so!” I yelled at him. Gosh, why I am leaving in his house again? How could harabuhji left me like this. Harabuhji left for his business trip to Canada with Mr. and Mrs. Han, our driver and maid. I sighed.

 

“Okay…I’ll remember that next time…there’s nothing much to watch anyway…” He mumbled.

 

“Yah…I heard that.” I glared at him.

 

“Omo…volcano eruption…gotta run now!” He shouted playfully while slamming my room’s door, trying to avoid the pillow that I threw towards him.

 

From outside of my room, I heard him shouting at me…

 

“Yah…miss snow queen…hurry up!”

 


 

“Omo…I has been a long time since I come here…Dongdaemun market!” Mrs. Jang exclaimed happily while dragging Jieun towards almost every stalls there. Wooyoung followed those two women slowly. He chuckled seeing Jieun’s bored expressions. He knew that she hated going shopping and all since she’s not some ordinary girls that love shopping.

 

“Wooyoung…hurry up!”Mrs. Jang shouted at Wooyoung that walked too slowly behind them.

 

“Yah ahjumma…you’re the one who should slow down your steps.” Wooyoung shouted at her back. ‘Huh…what I’m doing here again?’

 

“Omo…this dress really suits you Jieun.” Mrs. Jang tried to match a pink dress with Jieun’s body. 

 

“Err…I don’t wear dress auntie.” Jieun refused politely. Well, she used to wear jeans and shirts. Dresses were too...err...girly?

 

“Yah…just wear some dresses sometimes. Pink suits you well…I know you like pinky things, don’t deny it.” Wooyoung tried to tease Jieun again by making some symbol of bra with his finger, trying to make Jieun remembered about her pink bra that Wooyoung hold when they first met in the airport.

 

“Yah…”Jieun wanted to shout but she realized that Wooyoung’s mother was looking at them, being clueless and confused…

 

“Okay…I’m going crazy if I stay here any longer…call me after you done with this shopping things okay…ahjumma…miss sow queen.” Wooyoung said calmly while looking at his mother and then he glared at Jieun. ‘Wow…she’s angry…I better go now…Ughh, I hate shopping with girls…and women!’

 

Jieun glared at Wooyoung when he walked away. ‘Uh…good then…don’t come here again!’

 

“Jieun-ah…don’t mind about Wooyoung, he’s always like that…let’s go over there.” Mrs. Jang smiled warmly at Jieun. Jieun followed her to the next stall.

 

‘Wow…so many stalls here.’ Jieun widened her eyes, seeing all the big and small stalls at the market. It’s her first time walking in that market. She hated places that were full of peoples…so, she felt uncomfortable being there…but for warm, kind-hearted Mrs. Jang, she tried to act normal. ‘Just bear with this Lee Jieun…it’s only for a while.’

 

“Ouch…” Suddenly Mrs. Jang fell on the road and there’s a guy ran away with her handbag!

 

‘Omo…did the guy just snatched away Auntie Jang's handbag?’ Jieun that was still clueless snapped out when he heard Mrs. Jang groaning in pain.

 

“Auntie…are you okay? Stay here okay…” Jieun decided to chase after the thief when she already sure that Mrs. Jang was alright.

 

“Jieun-ah…don’t…” Mrs. Jang tried to stop Jieun from chasing after the thief but before she was able to do so, Jieun already ran as fast as she could, trying to chase after the thief.

 

After a while, the thief seemed exhausted and he slow down his pace. Jieun was able to grab his collar, making him fell on the road. The thief was able to stand up and then he pushed Jieun harshly...Jieun fell on the road. Suddenly the thief took out his knife, trying to stab Jieun. Just when Jieun was about to do her taekwondo moves, a guy came to help her. That guy was able to kick the thief’s legs and stomach with his impressive taekwondo skills. Jieun just stared at him in awe. Finally, the thief gave up and he ran away as fast as he could, leaving Mrs. Jang's handbag behind. Jieun grabbed the handbag that was thrown away on the road.

 

“Agasshi…that’s really dangerous. You shouldn’t chase after the thief like that, just by yourself.” The guy that helped Jieun lectured her with a serious voice.

 

“I know but I can’t just let him get away with this handbag just like that…” Jieun looked at her savior. ‘Omo…he’s so good looking. Okay, what am I thinking now?’

 

“I hope you won’t do this again agasshi…you’re even a girl.” That guy added.

 

“I’m sorry for troubling you…but I’m doing fine even if you didn’t help me just now. I learn taekwondo too mister.” Jieun started to piss off with the guy. ‘Yeah…he helps me but what’s up with his…you’re even girl? He looks down on girl’s power huh? I really hate that!’

 

That guy chuckled and then he smiled…

 

”Look…I’m sorry if I offend you but I don’t mean to look down on you or something…it’s just that…the situation just now is really dangerous for a girl…I hope you understand me.”

 

Jieun gasped…’What’s wrong with me? He already helps me just now. Where’s your manner Lee Jieun?’

 

“I’m really sorry…I’m not suppose to say thing s like that towards you. Anyway, thanks a lot for helping me just now. I owe you a lot.” Jieun smiled at the guy sincerely. She bowed a few times until the guy stopped her.

 

“It’s okay…as long as you didn’t repeat that kind of ‘heroine’ things again, I’m okay with it.” The guy laughed while staring at Jieun. ‘What a brave and…pretty girl.’ He thought.

 

“Omo…Auntie Jang.” Suddenly Jieun remembered about Mrs. Jang. ‘She must be so worried about me.’

 

“I need to go now. Nice to meet you mister…and thank you for everything.” Jieun bowed at the guy for the last time and then she ran away.

 

“Nice to meet you too agasshi…I hope we can meet again.” The guy shouted, hoping that Jieun can hear him and then he waved at her even though he knew that Jieun can’t see him anymore. He smiled lightly while staring at Jieun that was running as fast as she could so that she can meet Mrs. Jang as soon as possible.

 



 

“Auntie Jang…” Jieun called Mrs. Jand happily when she saw her sitting on a bench under a shady tree.

 

“Omo…Jieun-ah…I’m so glad that you’re okay…I’m so worried about you. Why do you chase after the thief? What if you get hurt?” Mrs. Jang was crying while hugging Jieun. She’s so worried about her safety just now. She kept questioning her to ease her feeling.

 

“Let me see you…did you hurt somewhere?” Mrs. Jang added while checking out Jieun’s body worriedly. Jieun was so touched, seeing Mrs. Jang crying for her. She kept asking whether Jieun was feeling pain somewhere while crying.

 

“Omma…” Jieun called her awkwardly, trying to calm her down. Mrs. Jang gasped with Jieun’s sudden word. A word that she always wanted to hear from Jieun’s mouth. She looked at Jieun in disbelief.

 

 “Omma…don’t cry. I’m okay…really…I’m fine.” Jieun smiled at her warmly.

 

“Jieun-ah…” Mrs. Jang cried some more while hugging Jieun. Jieun rubbed her back softly, trying to calm her down.

 

“Oh…Jieun-ah…Wooyoung is searching for you right now…He’s so worried about you when I told him that you’re chasing after the thief. Go and find him now…he must be searching for you everywhere now. I’ll wait here.” Mrs. Jang pulled away from the hug while wiping her tears.

 

“Really? Poor that guy…omma, you wait here okay…I’ll search for him now.” Jieun said softly.

 

Mrs. Jang nodded and then Jieun walked away.

 

The Dangdaemun market was really big. Jieun started to feel tired after a while. She had been running everywhere, trying to find Wooyoung. ‘Wooyoung, where are you?’

 

Suddenly, Jieun heard her name being called loudly…obviously, Wooyoung was calling her name…somehow, he sounds really…sad?

 

From afar, she saw a guy running like crazy, asking everyone around him about her…and then he kept shouting her name while…crying?

 

‘Omo…did he really cries? Wooyoung cries for me?’ Jieun widened her eyes and then she rubbed her eyes a few times. ‘No…I’m not blind yet. Wooyoung really cries…’  Jieun gasped, feeling really touched. Suddenly, she felt like millions of arrows being shot into her heart. What arrows? She can’t figure it out. But her heart ached badly seeing Wooyoung cried for her.

 

 Wooyoung kept running like crazy and everyone was looking at him. Well, he’s shouting, crying and sobbing like a crazy person. Suddenly, he sat helplessly on the road. Jieun gasped. She walked slowly towards Wooyoung. When she already stood beside him, Jieun tapped Wooyoung’s shoulder lightly.

 

“Wooyoung-ah…” Jieun called him softly.

 

Wooyoung lifted his head when he heard the familiar voice of a person that he had been searching for like crazy…a person that he’s so concern about…a person that he felt like dying if something bad happened to her…a person that is everything for him right now!

 

“Jieun-ah…” Wooyoung stood up. He stared at Jieun without even blinking.

 

Suddenly he pulled her closer into a deep hug. He felt so relieved to see her again. They stayed like that for next few minutes. No one tried to pull away. Jieun tapped his back lightly, trying to calm him down.

 

“Yah…you know how scared I am just now? What if something bad happened to you? Why are you chasing after the thief? You think you’re that strong? I know that you learn some good-for-nothing taekwondo…but you really shouldn’t do that, arasso!” Wooyoung started to blurt out his emotion.

 

“I know…it’s all my fault…I’m sorry.” Jieun just admitted her mistakes because she knew Wooyoung was really concern about her. Everyone was worried about her…so it’s really her fault for trying to be a ‘heroine’.

 

Wooyoung never pulled away from the hug even when he’s shouting at Jieun. Jieun did the same thing. She didn’t try to pull away at all even when she felt very uncomfortable with all the stares from the passerby there. Somehow, they felt really calm with the deep hug that last longer than ten minutes!

 

Both of them were thinking about the same thing but no one pulled away first.

 

‘Okay…what’s wrong with me?’

 


***love...love...love...love is in the air^^

do you like it? just a simple, deep hug><

Dangdaemun market is a famous market in Korea...but i'm not sure about the correct

spelling ;p

who's the mysterious saviour? stay tuned^^

agasshi=miss ***