Chapter 4: Taxi Ride (Part 1)

BAD BOY GOOD GIRL (BBGG)

 

“Really…it’s not your first kiss? But you look so red agasshi.” That over friendly ahjumma laughed again. Jieun was so embarrassed by her statement and she just kept quiet, hoping that the ahjumma will stop teasing her.

 

“Ahjumma…can you please stop this? It’s not my first kiss! It’s just too hot in here.”Jieun kept fanning her face so that the red shades on her face didn’t seem too obvious. 

 

‘Err…wait…did I forget about something really important here?’ She thought. And hell yeah…she forgot to….

 

Suddenly Wooyoung received a big slap on his right cheek from Jieun as she started kicking, punching and shouting at him.

 

“Yah…how dare you kissed me and it’s on my lips! You jerk! Idiot! ert!” She kept shouting madly. Wooyoung nonchalantly covered his face from being beaten by Jieun.

 

“Yah…be careful with my face! You can’t even pay if there’s a single scratch on it. By the way, do you want me to kiss you on your forehead or cheeks instead of you lips? Why don't you just asked? I'm glad to do so..." Wooyoung smirked teasingly as he started to lean in and unexpectedly kissed Jieun’s right cheek when Jieun was about to punch his face. Jieun was so shocked by his sudden action.

 

“Yah…Jerk!”She’s about to slap him again when the taxi ahjumma that was shocked by their behavior tried to stop Jieun’s action by grabbing her hand before it reached Wooyoung’s face.

 

 “Just stop! No more fighting in my taxi…You two can get out if you wanted to keep fighting!” The sudden shout from the ahjumma left both Wooyoung and Jieun speechless and they stared at that ahjumma. That’s the scariest shouts that they ever heard and it’s so loud!

 

“Good girl, good boy. Now, just sit there properly and listen to this ahjumma okay.” Ahjumma smiled brightly when she saw both of them sat quietly without shouting at each other.

 

‘OMG…this ahjumma is so creepy.’ They thought.

 

“So, where do you want to go?” The ahjumma asked them as soon as they left the airport area.

 

“Seoul District.” Jieun answered her while checking her small notebook, still feeling pissed with Wooyoung. Luckily she wrote her grandfather’s home address on the notebook. If she just saved it on her Iphone, she must be so lost right now.

 

‘Seoul District? My parents live there…what a coincidence. She lives there too?’  Wooyoung thought. Then he tried to look at the address that Jieun gave to the taxi ahjumma. 'Oh...it’s just three blocks away from my house. But I think I never saw her around the neighbourhood before. Well, it haD been five years since the last time I came back to Seoul. How would I know if someone moved into the neighbourhood when I’m not around?’ 

 

“Why are you looking at my home address?” Jieun asked in annoyance as she glared at Wooyoung.

 

“I’m just looking at our lovely taxi ahjumma…not your...not-worth-to-see-home-address. Besides, I already know where you live HONEY.” Wooyoung glared back at Jieun but then he faked a smile for her when he realized that the taxi ahjumma was looking at them suspiciously. ‘Crap…I told this ahjumma that I’m her boyfriend so I suppose to pretend like a good boyfriend. I can’t yell at her!’ Suddenly Wooyoung came to his sense.

 

‘What is wrong with this idiot guy? Calling me honey and all and what’s up with that creepy smile...and since when did he know my home address? Huh…I think his brain’s cells are not functioning properly!’ Jieun was about to shout at Wooyoung again when their eyes suddenly met and the kissed scenes just now kept replaying on their heads over and over again. Jieun lost her words and she decided to shut up. Both of them looked away immediately as their eyes met. They were still embarrassed about the sudden kiss. Unconciously, both of them kept shaking their heads at the same time, trying to remove the memories of almost-five-minutes-kissed-scenes from their heads. Jieun started to wipe her lips with all the tissues that she got in her bag.

 

“Omo...agasshi…your boyfriend is so cute.” The taxi ahjumma giggled as Wooyoung smiled cutely at her.

 

“Huh…what?” Jieun startled. Cute boyfriend?

 

‘Oh…she still thinks that I’m the jealous girlfriend of this idiot guy.  I wonder what did he tell this ahjumma until she misunderstood that I’m his girlfriend.’ She remembered that Wooyoung whispered something to the taxi ahjumma before he pulled her into the taxi and kissed her! Jieun glared at Wooyoung again but he just made a dumb look while pretending to fix his hair that messed up because of Jieun's kickboxing attack previously. Well, she also pulled his hair when she beat him up.

 

“Ahjumma…He is not my boyfriend. He is just a random guy that I just met and meeting him is the worst thing that ever happened in my life!” Jieun tried to control her voice since she's talking to an ahjumma and she didn’t want to look rude in front of her.

 

“Agasshi...this is so wrong. Why don’t you try to listen to his explanation first before making any decision that you will regret later on? He looks like a nice guy. You guys ran away to US for your love and he is willing to give up on everything for you. Now, you wanted to give up on everything just because his father is trying to stop your love again? Why don’t you have some faith and trust on him? He will never cheat on you with other girls. Don’t you see how much he loves you?" The ahjumma babbled. She was totally being fooled by Wooyoung.

 

“What? Ahjumma...it’s so not like that. What nonsense…”

 

“Yeah honey… please consider back your decision to break up with me. I’m a loyal man and I’ll never cheat on you. I’m so sorry for shouting at you and being too nice with other girls. I’m so angry with you for being such a crybaby but I promised that this will never happen again and I’ll never give up on you no matter what happens!” Wooyoung cut off Jieun’s explanation by acting like a desperate guy who desperately wanted his girl back as he even lifted his hands up in the air, pretending to apologize and swearing. Jieun stared at him in disbelief when Wooyoung winked at her as soon as he noticed that the taxi ahjumma was not looking at them anymore. He really knew how to make Jieun lost her temper to the maximum level that she never reached before!

 

“Yah!!!” Jieun shouted at him with the highest pitch of her voice. She really can’t take it anymore… She raised her hand to slap him again but the taxi ahjumma suddenly shouted again with the scariest voice ever.

 

“No violence in my taxi!!!”

 

Jieun was startled as she put her hand down immediately. This ahjumma is so scary. She can laugh like a normal ahjumma and act like a lion at the same time!

 

Suddenly, Wooyoung whispered something to Jieun when she already cooled down a bit.

 

“IU-shi…Just go with flow and follows my plans okay. Can’t you see how scary this ahjumma can be? If she knew that I’m lying to her just now…I’m so dead you know. You will get no harm if you just cooperate with me this time. Or else...you will end up with something more terrible than the kiss just now...but I think that kiss is not terrible for your first time since I'm your first.” He smirked to Jieun before looking away.

 

‘WTH…is he trying to threaten me? What first time? Ahhh...wait!!! Did he call me IU just now? How did he know my name? No one ever called me with that name except my…’ Jieun was about to say something to Wooyoung when he suddenly smiled at the taxi ahjumma.

 

“Ahjumma…Can you please open the window. It’s quite hot in here. My girlfriend sweats a lot you know. ”

 

“As you wish young man.”The taxi ahjumma smiled back at him while pressing the button to open the windows.

 

As soon as the windows opened, Wooyoung stuck out his hand out of the window beside him. Jieun looked at his action with a blank expression when she suddenly realized that Wooyoung was holding a bracelet in his index finger while twirling it around…outside of the window.

 

‘Weird…that bracelet seemed really familiar.’ She thought while rubbing her right hand. Jieun looked at her right hand in surprsie when she can’t feel the bracelet that she used to wear on her right hand.

 

‘Why it’s not here? Maybe I wear it on the left hand.‘ Then she looked at her left hand but it’s also not there. Jieun looked at the bracelet in Wooyoung’s hand once again...and then she looked back at her wrist....back and forth...

 

 ‘OMG…that’s my bracelet!’ Finally she realized as Wooyoung smirked at her again!

 

Wooyoung chuckled seeing Jieun’s reaction. She’s so clueless and slow. He’s eyeing her panic expressions when she realized that her bracelet was not on both side of her hands. And her expression when she finally realized that he’s twirling her bracelet outside of the window was epic! She looked so shocked and desperate to get it back.

 

‘Well, this bracelet seems really important to her. Good then…I can use this to make her listen to me.’  He smirked again.

 

“Ahjumma…this is Seoul River right? Wow…it’s so long.”Wooyoung is faking an amaze look as he pretended to be amazed by the size of the river when the taxi was crossing Seoul Bridge. Then he twirled around Jieun’s bracelet some more.

 

Jieun was so mad and she can feel her face turned redder than before because of her uncontrollable anger. She can explode any time right now but she scared that Wooyoung will drop her bracelet into the river if she tried to confront him and there’s no way she will get it back if it’s being dropped into the river. That bracelet was really important to her…more than anything. It’s the last give from her parents.

 

“Omo honey…You look so red. Still feeling hot? I think you have a fever. Let me check your temperature honey.” Wooyoung pretended to feel concern about Jieun and he placed his hand on her forehead, pretending to check her body’s temperature.

 

Jieun that is still very mad at him tried to remove his hand from her forehead harshly but Wooyoung managed to catch her hands and he whispered to her.

 

“You better be nice to me young lady and follows my plan if you still want to have your bracelet back. Or else…I’ll just throw it away into this Seoul River so that you can never get it back…and don’t dream to get it back from me by force, I’m a lot stronger than you. Arasso?” Then Wooyoung ruffled Jieun’s hair lightly with a very sweet-but-fake smiles.

 

“Oh…your body temperature was just normal. Thank god, you’re just fine honey. Maybe it’s too hot in Korea since this is summer time.” Wooyoung spoke with louder voice so that the taxi ahjumma can hear him and then he faked a smile again.

 

“Omo...looks how sweet your boyfriend can be, agasshi…You’re so lucky to have him. Just forgive him and settle out everything right now. I know how you feel agasshi…feeling insecure about our partner’s feeling towards us when the fact is, they really love us. I can guarantee that your boyfriend really love you. He’s such a good guy…and you’re a very pretty lady too.” The taxi ahjumma turned back to look at them and she flashed a smile at Jieun.

 

‘He’s a bad guy ahjumma!’ Jieun tried not to speak her mind as she glared at Wooyoung and guess what? He’s covering his mouth with his hands, trying to hold back his laughter!

 

‘What a jerk! He still has the guts to laugh even after telling a big lie to an ahjumma.’ Jieun clenched her fists.

 

”Be nice or else…”Wooyoung whispered to her again and then he twirled Jieun’s bracelet outside of the window again.

 

“Now smile a bit…ahjumma is looking at us honey.” Wooyoung wrapped his hand around Jieun’s shoulders while smiling sweetly at her.

 

‘Ughh…he looks like an idiot. He is an idiot anyway!’ Jieun rolled her eyes then she forced an awkward smile to him and the taxi ahjumma…   ’Great…now I feel like an idiot too…huh!’