Meeting with the Academy

Black Sun & Red Moon

 

I woke up unnecessarily early,  it was still 5 am and we didn’t need to be at the academy for another 5 hours. I kept trying to get back to sleep – rolling back and forth, twitching every 5 minutes but still I just couldn’t. It’s as if someone wanted me to be up which isn’t cool at all, a goddess needs her beauty rest –everyone knows that.

 

After a couple of minutes still trying to get my sleep back, I finally gave up there’s no way I’m going to get back to sleeping anymore. So I went out and headed to the fields, might as well use the time to train a little plus I’m not the indoor-wait-for-someone-to-tell-me-to-do-something-or-do-something-for-me kind of girl, even if I’m a goddess.

 

I flew all the way to where we usually train. The grasses were all covered with dew and there is no way I’m going to get my feet wet walking on them. The wind blew towards me and it was surprisingly a chilly morning, with summer being the season and all.

 

As I looked at all the dew on the grass, I can’t help but smile. I remembered how Yunho would always use them to make rainbows just to get Junsu, Yoochun and Changmin to wake up every morning when they were little. I can’t forget how amaze they were and yet it was only a simple thing and now the only person who can wake them up immediately is me.

 

Since there was lots of dew I decided to use them for my little training. I swayed both my hands all the way back and all the dew flew up in mid air and stopped there. I blew cold air to them and they turned into popsicles, ice cold and so sharp a strand of hair will be slice into two from merely touching it.

 

I looked at the forest in front of me, looking for a tree victim to suffer my annoyance of getting woken up so damn early in the ing morning. Looking from left to right I still couldn’t find one then finally a tree caught my eye. It was the tree that reminded me of my 3 dead oppas. It looked like the tree that they always used to trip, hit and so many thing to me I can’t even remember every time I paid them a visit. What’s worse was I always fell for it.

 

“Time for my revenge!” I smiled evilly. I waved my hand forward and all the popsicles attacked the tree at the same time, cutting every branch and stem, tearing the leaves and making it fall over. It made a dramatic ending, as it fall over all the birds flew away as the fog rose up, though I’m still not satisfied so I snapped my fingers and it lit on fire. I watched as the fire swallowed the tree and didn’t take my eyes off until all I can see were ashes.

 

After my little fun, I continued with my training but only using my basic powers, including the elements. I didn’t want to bring out the big guns on the first round. I don’t mind the girls using too much power but not too much – by much I mean melioration but I think it’s STILL depends on the situation if I let them, I guess we just have to wait and see.

 

I pretty much spent the first half of the five hours training lazily, then when I’ve had enough I decided to go inside to make some breakfast but firs I went to my room to get changed. I didn’t want to make breakfast all sweaty, it was only a short one since I’m going to shower again after we eat just to get the smell of food off of me.

 

The cooking didn’t take long since I didn’t have anyone blocking my way in the kitchen, took the maid long enough to get out the kitchen when Dara’s there. After awhile of moving here, going there, putting this, throwing that I was done setting the table and everything. I didn’t feel like going up there and waking the girls up myself so I made 3 wind balls – each for the 3, and put an ear banging “WAKE UP!”, when the balls touches them it’ll burst and wake them. I blew the balls to their room and after a couple of seconds 3 wake up shouts shook the house followed by 3 shouts of “YOU ARE SO DEAD!” all at the same time. I just chuckled.

 

We ate breakfast with them not talking to me, can’t blame them but sooner or later they will talk. There was no day that they didn’t spoke a word to me and that day will never come. I went a long with their silent treatment, 4 can play on this game.

 

When we were done I called the maids to clean up and said to the girls “Go get ready and meet up at the garage!” coldly as I walk my way to my room to do the same. “Okay you win!” they finally have up. I smiled.

 

Before I could leave the room they all glomped me and we all started laughing. “Get off me and go get ready!” I told them and we all left for our room.

 

After awhile……..

 

I finished getting ready, what I wore was just simple clothing for a normal day, nothing special. When the girls came I was seriously amazed to how simple but cool what we were wearing in just a short time.

 

I got on my bike while the other 3 got on CL’s Red Volvo C70. The trip to the school is almost an hour long; it’s mostly coz of the long road from the gate to the house. I didn’t drive too fast and went ahead of them since the leader was driving the car; it’s all about your position on the team. Minzy was looking on the side sitting on the passenger’s seat while Bom was at the back sitting like a queen.

 

The gate was filled with students talking to each other like every other morning. Chaerin honked at them to get the hell out of the way, good thing they did or her and I won’t think twice on running them over. Just like the usual they all stared at us as we went in. There was the usual crowd at the parking lot as always, it’s where all the wings hang out while waiting for the morning bell and as for us we just go where we want to until the bell ring.

 

We walked towards them, not to sit down and chat but just to pass by. Taeyeon saw us walking towards them then said. “finally, we’re all here!”. Everybody turned to where she was looking, some were just okay and some were just whatever –like I care.

 

“as usual, they’re always the last to come! es!” Jessica stated. She was sitting on the table where mostly boys were at. I saw CL’s fist tremble.

 

“You can do whatever you want, just not too much!” I said but low enough that only the girls can hear. She smiled and walked towards her. She punched the table with flaming hands – it was hot, seriously hot since the color more gold than the normal fire color but it wasn’t burning the table and at that the fire tamers’ eyes grew bigger.

 

“Just because you’ve ed pretty much all the boys in this academy that doesn’t make you queen and can just look down at everyone and say whatever you want to!” she hissed and Jessica was leaning back looking afraid. The 3 of us are seriously enjoying this. “So if you don’t have anything nice to say I suggest you keep your filthy ing mouth shut! …. If you still want to give someone a !” she threatened. I was jumping inside, never thought that can be this scared. Chaerin doesn’t know how much she made my day.

 

Everybody was just staring at the whole scene and then followed us with their eyes as we leave. Just in time the bell rang.

 

On the way to the room, I heard some people talking about what happened. Some were talking about who do we think we are talking to her like that, I wanted to burn them so much and some were about how someone finally stood up to her.

 

We were the first one to get to the first so we just went to our spot and watched as everyone walk in. they all slowly arrived, each one looking at us once they got in, I just grinned at them. Last to come inside were the director and his 2 friends.

 

The first thing they talked about at the meeting was how the celebration of the Black Sun and Red Moon started and according to him the history is:

 

“Shadows ago there was a mortal who fell in love with a god. She did everything possible to for him to feel the same way as her but it didn’t work for the god was in love with a goddess. When she found out about the god’s wedding she was broken hearted, she willingly sold her soul to the devil to gain powers to stop the wedding.  She almost succeeded but the groom and the bride had something up their sleeves, knowing this might happen they trained a group of talented teenagers to become their guards and their goal was a success. The mortal failed and with her last breathe and power she cursed that every shadow she will come back again and kill the wedding couple. Ever since then the gods started the competition for the day of her return!” the director finished.

 

I was surprised to what was said. Who told them this, I was seriously wondering about it then a particular group of people came to mind, THE COUNCIL.

 

Just before the director an say anything else he added… “It was said that the mortal’s name was Sandara!” I was taken aback to what he said. This was never mentioned to me by the council, it’s a good thing no one here knows my full name or else they’ll be staring at me so hard, even the girls don’t know. I kept my face steady so no one can notice my shock.

 

Then right after he talked about how the system of the competition works. The ring that goes against who is already decided but who goes first, next or last is decided by the council or the gods. All the participating rings will be introduced to each other on the opening ceremony, then one by one they fight each other. For the last 2 remaining wing, they have to fight against each other – doesn’t matter if from the same academy as long as someone wins. Then on the closing ceremony the wing is introduced to the gods and everything will go back to normal.

 

I gave out a little laugh, no one noticed it thankfully. He left out a little part of the whole thing, and it’s even one of the most important thing, how can he forget about the part of all the rings standing in a circle and giving part of their energy to the sun and moon for them to turn into Black Sun and Red Moon? I guess this is his first.

 

“I believe you are forgetting a little detail about the competition!” I stated and ALL of them looked at me curiously. “And what may that be Dara-ssi?” he asked with a what-the-hell-are-you-talking-about tone of voice. I smiled slyly. “I could just let you find out by yourself and I suggest you better do it fast since it’s hard to get information about the competition and also coz I heard one of the gods is easily angered when one doesn’t know what is to be done!” I said and by the looks of his face he’s worried as hell.

 

“How would you know I’m missing any details Dara-ssi?” he retorted. I knew he would ask that, doing everything to avoid any questions. “Coz unlike you isanim I do my homework!” I smiled.

 

“Anyways, does someone have any questions?” he asked, trying to change the subject. This is where Bom helps me with. ‘Bom, can you suggest wearing masks for the competition!” I told her in my mind. She smiled and raised her hands. “Yes! Bom-ssi!” Lee sonsaengnim answered. “Can we wear masks for the competition, just to be more mysterious!” she asked. ‘nice call for the mysterious part!’ I said. “That’s stupid! They would never agree!”  it was Jessica who talked again. I swear this needs some beating. ‘I’ll take care of this!’ I told the 3 who wants to really punch her.

“You know Jessica, I really feel bad for you!” I started, pretending to be concerned. “Why would you feel bad for me hoe!” she answered back smiling. “Well coz you offered pretty much all the teachers here just to pass you” I said. Everyone looked surprised to what I said, didn’t expect me to know this much huh! “… awe look Lee and Park sonsaengnim is blushing. You wouldn’t happen to do the same to them just to get you staying on this class now did you?” I continued. Her expression was priceless. ‘Make the 3 agree with the suggestion please!’ I told bommie and she said ‘my pleasure, anything to make that look bad!’ then right after. “That’s a good idea Bom-ssi!” the director smiled.

 

That was the end of the meeting, it was a waste of our time going there we could have just stayed at home and trained.

 

Everyone was still looking at us, wondering how we knew all that and even though I had my back at them I know they’re looking at us. So I turned around and said “Listen up! From now on don’t ever, ever try pissing us off. We know much more than you think!” I smiled. “Yeah right!” Taeyeon smirked. “We’re not like your ringmates that you can manipulate by blackmailing!” I answered back, sounding ier. Then suddenly all the windows shattered. “Just a WARNING!” I smiled evilly and the four of us disappeared into thin air.