Lee Chaerin

Black Sun & Red Moon

I remember when I first met her; she was the snobby, rude, rich that everyone hated. She was mean to everybody, all the nannies and tutors her parents hired didn’t last a week and the only person that got by with her was Ms. Hyori, she stood as her parent when they weren’t present, which was almost all her life. Ever since CL was young she never showed a real smile, a smile that comes from being happy, all her smiles were facades so hide her sadness.

When I was looking for a place to stay just after me and the 3 (Junsu, Khun and Woongie), that night I ended up in front of the mansion, passed out. I couldn’t remember how I ended up fainting but it was probably coz of all the energy I used to get the three out and in a safe place. Anyways, the next thing I know was waking inside a hella white room – everything was W-H-I-T-E, for a second I thought I was dead, then the door opened and entered a pretty girl whose face was asking me to get the out.

“If you’re fine now then leave?” she rudely said.

I was trying so hard to stop myself from burning her since she did help me and then I saw her hand on fire. On her mind she was thinking of throwing a fire ball at me.

“No need to throw fire balls at me!” I said back and the response took her back. I smiled smugly at her, fixed the bed, took my stuff and headed out.

When I was close to stepping out of her property she came running outside. “Hey!” she yelled. I didn’t want to be rude but I didn’t answer. She kept yelling at me to get my attention but still I kept ignoring her. “I atleast should get a thank you for letting you stay in my guest room!” She asked. I stopped and turned around to bow and thank her, then turned around and started walking again.

“Okay! I’m sorry for being rude! I just want to ask you something!” she softly but loudly said and in front of me the gate closed by itself. “Come back inside!” she lastly said and walked inside. Me who was acting nice followed since she did ask properly this time. I followed her to a coffee/tea room, it had the smell so I assure it was that kind of room.

“What is it you want to ask?” I asked.

“I was just wondering why you said ‘No need to throw fire balls at me!’” she asked while looking at me weirdly.

“It was obvious! I mean, why else were your hands on fire?” I simply answered.

“You’re a fire tamer too?” she shyly asked.

In my mind I was thinking ‘Yeah, and also a wind, water and an earth tamer’ but it’s not what I answered, I didn’t want to blow up my cover. “Nope! I’m a wind tamer!” I answered then continued in my head to hers. “Also a telepath and a psychic!”she was so surprised that her eyes yelled out “NADO!” I didn’t plan to stay any longer since I still need somewhere to sleep and live in so I said “If that’s all you want to ask then I’m going! Since I still need to find a place to live” dryly. “Oh! If you want you can star here!” she offered nicely. I was surprised with the offer. Why would someone ask me to live with her after what happened this morning and just with the talk that we had? “Why?” I asked, something seems wrong or just maybe weird. “Well honestly, at first I thought you were just a normal kid who would treat me badly-more like run away from me, when you see my hand on fire!” she sadly said. ‘so she only acted that way earlier coz that’s how people usually treat her’ I thought to myself, feeling bad. Also, by the looks of it her parents don’t live with her, it must be very hard for her to be a kid with gifted powers and no parents to help her deal with it. “Thank you!” I bowed and thanked her.

After that awkward day, we started to hang out more often, she also started opening up: talking about her past, her parents and the people around her. The whole time I thought about what her life would have been if she grew up with me, she wouldn’t feel secluded; she wouldn’t be treated like a monster. The more she talked to me the more she started to have life in her face: she started smiling and laughing, which was a big shock to all the maids in her house. Ms. Hyori would look at us from afar and think ‘She’s finally happy!’. When the start of school for BSA was near she decided to bring me along with her, taking care of everything. At first I said no coz taking me and giving me all I needed to survive was enough, it’s just too much if I come along to the school. On my whole family, I was the one who always says something and everybody sticks to it, but this girl is an exception, she used the excuse “Everyone hates me, they would give me a hard time” with a puppy dog face and also with Ms. Hyori who I can’t say no to was in it, in the end I said yes. If I didn’t say yes, we wouldn’t have met Bom and Minji and 2ne1 would have never been formed.

I stood up and ruffled her hair. “You’ve changed a lot!” I smiled then she hugged me. “And it’s all thanks to you unnie!”. “Let’s go we still have a lot to do today!” I winked at Bom and I think she knows what I’m talking about.

*At the Field*

“Remember when Bom asked me about the guns?” I asked and they all nodded.

“We’ll be doing that today with the lightning part coz it’s sort of in a package!” I paused and continued. “Any questions for now?” I looked at them, I know them for sure that they wouldn’t be asking any questions if not asked and right now I think they have a couple.

“So guns are yours, what about ours?” Bom asked.

“Guns are what I’m expert on, I know all about them so it’s obvious that it’s my weapon. What weaponry your best at will be you weapon!” I calmly said.

“Then mine would be the crossbow, Bom unnie’s will be a sword and Minji’s would be a sphere?” CL asked but she pretty much kind of explained their weapons so I just nodded.

“I know that it’s the best for your guys to learn something when you’ve watched/observed it but this time I’ll pretty much be talking and you know how I’m not really good at explaining things so if you have any questions ask right away! Arasseo!” I informed them. I added the last part so that they wouldn’t think I’ll bite their heads off if they interrupt me or anything.

“Sit down!” I sat and they as well. “You might have thought maybe once or never about the accessories where the pearls are attached. Well, it’s not simply for show, it’s were your weapons will be formed!” ... “Ohhh” they all nodded

“How does it work, I mean how does that part turn into the weapons?” Bom asked.

“While melioration is in the process, the heat and part of the energy from the lightning molds the metal – expands, stretches, whatever, into your weapon, however in order for this part to be successful you have to be very focused on visualizing the look of the weapon you want.” I explained it as simple as it can get – as I can get and they all seem to understand it.

“Wow unnie! First time you explained something clear!” Minji teased me and I just stuck my tongue at her. I didn’t bother to talk back coz I was too proud of myself for actually explaining clearly.

I was thinking about rubbing it off on my brothers face, for all the years we’ve lived together there was no time when I could explain anything clearly, even if it was as simple as brushing your teeth coz I always tend to use really deep words. It may make me look like a very shallow person but this is a really big thing for me. I’m more of an action kind of person than on books/knowledge kind.

I was so into deep my dream land and didn’t notice that Bom had put a rain cloud above me and the rain started falling, so I was practically half wet. “Yah!” I shouted at her. “Sorry! We couldn’t get your attention!” she explained and then CL talked “Would you rather it was Minkki” I looked over at the maknae who had 3 rocks twirling in her palm.

I scratched my head thinking how they’ll take this. “This time, I can’t help you with this!” I seriously told them, to make it truer I looked deeply in their eyes. There was no way I don’t know or I can’t show them this part, it’s just I want them to learn by themselves just like how I did. “What!” they all yelled at the same time.

“I’m sorry but it’s impossible to show this part which so much detail and even if I have all the power in the world I can’t slow down the process!” I apologized very dramatically, besides being a god and everything I have acting skills hidden for situation like this.

“I can stop time! I’ll help you!” CL suggested. It was actually a pretty good one and I didn’t think about it.

“You’re dealing with a great amount of power Chaerin, one mistake and it’s all our lives gone.” I said. I should win an award for being a good actress. “You’ll have to do this on your own!”

“But doing this on our own isn’t the same as risking our lives?” Bom said, a little emotional. This makes me think twice about saying that but I can’t go back to my word it’ll only worsen the situation. Regardless of what they say they have to learn this by only little help from me. “It’s not because I would be here to help as much as I can! Do you really think I’d make you do something I know can risk your life?” I asked back. She stayed- they all stayed quiet after what I said.

“I'm sorry unnie! I guess it’s just hard for us to do something without really knowing about it!” Minji said. “That’s why you have me!” I said then continued. “Tell me if you trust me enough to do this without much help from me or not, if not I’d gladly not force you to do anything I say!” What I said hit them hard, mixed expressions were in their faces, I didn’t know if they were relieved with what I said or it just added to the confused feeling. “We trust you!” they looked at each other before saying it at the same time.

Seeing them like that made me think twice if I should still continue this, then suddenly I remembered when I first had to do this part.

>>Flash Back …..Continuation of the flashback in Chapter 17 <<

Out of nowhere lightning struck me and then my sight went black; all I could hear was the beating of my heart, getting louder by the second. All of a sudden it stopped, I wondered if I was dead, then all of a sudden I heard sounds of chains moving, out of nowhere I felt something wrap around my body, something cold and hard, it was the chains. I didn’t understand what was happening then my eyes opened.

I wasn’t myself, I was still myself but something was different. Then I heard Bummie oppa talk. “I told you guys, just wait! See everything’s good”. I wasn’t paying attention to them, I was looking at the silver guns in my hands, I raised my right hand to take a good look at it, then I heard the sounds of the chains again, I looked below and there it was attached to the gun. I followed where the chains came from then it led me to my belly. I touched my stomach and felt something hard and cold so I lifted my shirt up and saw it. I had a silver belly button ring with a small white pearl in between the chains that was attached on it.

“Oppa what is this?” I asked but I wasn’t sure who I was asking, I was too focused on the gun and the chain and the belly button. “That’s the last part of melioration!” Chullie oppa answered. I wasn’t really sure to what they were making me do, I just did it – more like forced to do it.

The instructions given to me were simple enough so I can follow it and simple enough to be engraved in my brain. I didn’t know what or why they taught me this technique all of a sudden but knowing them it’s assured that it’s going to be needed sometime in the future.

“So….. What now?” I asked curiously.

All four turned to me, as expected they don’t know what to say. They always do things irrationally, not that it’s annoying, I actually like it coz it makes the 5 of us a perfect fit, but sometimes they do it on a weird timing.

“I don’t know! I just wanted to teach you that!” Kibum oppa answered then turned back to his lover.

“Ahh! Neo Jinjja!” I complained.

I was really upset – no, annoyed, they made me do all this work coz they felt like it. I ‘m not just a person who lays around all day doing nothing, I actually have somethings to do – mostly jobs the elders made me do and some are from Se7en oppa and Byul unnie but it’s pretty much babysitting.

The stress in me was really too much and it was building up by the second and with them just laughing and doing nothing in front of me didn’t help.

My brain stopped working properly, I held out both of my hands in front of me, still with the guns, and pointed it at them. Although, I was fuming with anger and coz my feelings are connected with my powers I was probably a walking bomb and it was really stupid how didn’t feel it. Not thinking twice I fired the guns and shot them, good things they were dead or else I’ll be the one responsible for it.

I was surprised not because nothing happened to them but because of the damage the shot made. The things the shot passed by were all burnt and dead, another is the range the shot reached, it was probably atleast 10 km far.

“Woah!” I gasped. The four glared at me fiercely. “What?” I asked. “Mind telling us the reason for that?” Geng oppa asked instead. “You know me, just like you guys I’m irrational and not telling me why you taught me that provoked me!” I defended while pointing at the dead field.

Geng oppa didn’t say anything after what I said but Won oppa threw a rock at me which I fortunately dodged and it got him a smack in the head from Bum oppa.

“Anyways, how can I turn back to normal?” I asked. My body started feeling weak.

“Focus energy on your belly button ring!” Chullie oppa simply answered and I followed.

>>END OF FLASHBACK<<

2NE12NE12NE12NE1