Aura

Black Sun & Red Moon

>>Morning<<

I lied down in my mood with no thoughts of getting up and just sleeping the whole day. I looked over to the clock and it was 8 am already. ‘’ I thought while tripping down on everything to get ready and make breakfast.

I ran down as fast as I can – or more like run out to the main house, to make breakfast but to my surprise when I got there the 3 girls were cooking. At first when I heard noise coming from the kitchen I thought CL was throwing pans at the maid but she was cooking, all 3 of them were cooking. I observed what they were doing and surprisingly they seem to know what goes to this and that.

“Unnie! Your awake!” Minzy happily said and the 2 look at my way. I was going to ask if they know what they’re doing, but that would seem like I’m mocking them. “What are you guys making?” I asked slowly walking towards them, just to check. “Just go sit down unnie! We’ll be done in a minute!” CL said while she was busy stirring something. I didn’t know how to react with them being so nice and stuff so I just went and sat down.

While they were busy finishing up, I was thinking of what we’re doing today. With my index finger I was writing the check list in mid air, after probably 5 seconds the things I wrote showed up in steam form. It was a little trick I learned from being bored one time, if water and fire are mixed, obviously steam comes out and with a little help from my wind power the steam stays perfectly still in the air.

Melioration Check list:

         Step 1: Elemental Pearls

         Step 2: Calling

Step 3: Aura

Step 4: Lightning

Step 5: Weapons

So it’s aura for today and since it’s Sunday and it doesn’t take them really long to learn something hard, so I guess it’s going to be 2 days then another 2 days for the lightning and the rest of the week would be weapons, then next week will all be everything.

“We’re done! Let’s eat!” Bom called. I was so into thinking that I didn’t ever hear them fixing the table. I blew away the check list and waited for them to sit down also so we could all eat together.

Today started great, first they woke up early and cooked breakfast themselves without any help from the maids and no noise at all, and second, they were the ones who started the conversation. Could this day get any better?

After our lovely breakfast we went straight to the field. Minzy and CL were skipping and laughing so loud on the way o our usual spot while Bom and I just walked behind them, not talking. It wasn’t awkward for us to be like that, we were used to it.

“So unnie what we’re doing today is the aura thing right?”Minzy asked once all of us got there. “Yeah” I answered her.

They stood to their spots, observing me intently; I guess this step wouldn’t take long as I expect it to be. I didn’t bother explaining to them what to do; I just went straight to showing them.

I quickly made my own pearl; it would be hard for them to follow if I show them without a pearl. The colour of my pearl was white. Anyways, with my psychic power I raised the pearl in front of me and put both my hands around it. I focused my powers on my palms; slowly a ball of wind formed and surrounded the pearl. One by one as the pearl lights up the elements came out, fire, water then earth. Making it as thorough as possible I slowed than the process of the ball turning into the aura: the elements spun around the ball, I made the wind sphere twirl faster to help with the mixture then finally it turned into the aura.

The aura was still in between my hands, I waited a couple of seconds before moving, just to mix the elements perfectly. My fingers reached for the power one by one until all of them were touching it. Each finger absorbed the aura, slowly making its way to cover my body, moments later I was burning with a ghost-white aura.

“Got it?” I asked them but I still had the aura surrounding me. “Don’t overdo it!” I warned them and they nodded. Minzy raised her hand to ask a question. She could just asked, no need to raise the hand, it makes me feel like I’m the council. I shivered with the thought. “Yeah?” I shook my head. “If we make a mistake while doing this is something bad gonna happen?” She asked a little worried. I saw the other 2 gasp, I guess I they didn’t really think about that. “There’s just one!” I paused to look at them. “If you don’t focus enough on the ball, the 3 elements will run lose and harm you!” I explained but it seemed like they didn’t understand. “The fire will burn you, the water will drown you, the earth will either attract rocks and stone you or vines/roots will choke you and the wind will give you deep cuts.” I said. I can feel they were really worried but they still had the calm expressions.

“Start one by one, CL you go first okay!” I alerted her and she nodded and got ready.

CL’s POV

As soon as unnie told me to start I forgot everything and everyone around me and just put all my attention and focus to what was being asked to do. I breathe in and out to calm my nerves and stretched to not get cramps or anything so MISTAKES could be avoided. Unnie’s warning hit me hard; I never thought that just a little mistake can cause death. I better not mess up, for the sake of my life and my pride as the leader of this ring.
 

I took of my ring and just like what unnie did, I use my psychic power to make it float. The whole time unnie was showing us I didn’t take my eyes off of her, I observed everything she did, from the movements of her body and the flow of the aura. I put my hands around the ring and made a sphere of fire around it. Now I know what unnie meant by focusing on the sphere, the 3 elements kept banging on the wall of the sphere, wanting to get out. I furrowed my eyebrows and clenched my teeth to help me focus and it worked, though my hands were still shaking to much coz of the power then finally it turned into the aura. The ring itself, without the pearl went back to my ring finger by itself, I was flustered that part.

“CL!” unnie called, I was a bit startled by her voice but regain focus immediately. “Yeah!” I manage to ask. “You don’t have to do get the aura to your body the way I did!” she said with a calm voice, it actually helped me with my concentration. “What do you mean unnie?” I asked. I lifted my head to look at her coz I know I wouldn’t understand anything she’ll say when I’m at this state. “Instead of using your fingers you could just clutch your hands tightly together like this!” she suggest and showed it to me. After a couple of seconds to catch up I tried what she suggested and it worked. I could feel the power run through my body. “Whoa!” was all I could say, I looked at my hands with the aura surrounding it.  It was very overwhelming.

I gazed over at unnie who was sitting comfortably on the ground, still with the aura around her. How can she stay like that for this long? I can slowly feel my energy getting drained. “Come site beside me!” she called and I just followed. I sat beside her, but I felt like lying down. “Close your eyes and try to even out your breathing, keep doing that until I tell you to stop. Arasseo!” she said, I didn’t think twice and just followed.

Minzy’s POV

Dara unnie called CL unnie to go sit beside her and do something but I didn’t hear it properly, I’d probably to the same thing later.

Bom unnie and I were sitting on the ground; I was brushing the grass out of boredom. I didn’t move an inch when I didn’t hear any one talk, I was assuming Bom unnie would go next but when Dara unnie said “Minzy you’re up!” I immediately stood up which gained a chuckle from our oldest unnie.

I pretty much did what both of them did: focused, put the pearl between my hands, made a sphere of earth, it lit up, then the elements came out and finally it turned to the aura, the whole time I felt Dara unnie’s heavy gaze at me. I was about to absorb the aura just like how CL unnie did but Dara unnie stopped me.

“Wait!” she called and I stopped my hands from touching it. “I want you to only use both your index finger in absorbing the aura!” she ordered and I followed. I didn’t quite understand why she wanted me to do it differently from theirs but I just followed, it’s not like I can do anything about it.

After I did what she told me, she called me over to sit beside CL but not too close. She directed me to close my eyes even out my breathing, so I guess that’s what she told CL unnie earlier, I looked at her and she was doing what Dara unnie asked me.

Bom’s POV

So both the younger ones are done and sitting there with her, I guess it’s my turn now. I got up and stood in front of her, not that close though. I move my head side to side and breathe in and out deeply.

I took of my necklace and did what the other two did. I was done doing everything except for the absorbing part. I notice she made the two absorb the aura differently and I wasn’t that stupid to not assume I have to do it another way as well. I looked at her to check if I really had to do it that way and she just nodded, I didn’t even ask her anything, she just nodded.

I couldn’t think of any other way to do it, they’ve used all that I could think of. I didn’t want to ask her for help, I wasn’t that kind of person, I usually do things pretty much on my own but some times are exempted. I pursed my lips and even closed my eyes to come up with something but nothing came up. “Need help?” she offered out of the blue. We are the closest in the group so we understand each other much better than the 2. I nodded in acceptance of her offer. “Why don’t you try intertwining your hands until your palms touch each other!” she suggested and it was a good suggestion. ‘How come I didn’t think about something simple like that’ thought to myself. “You were thinking too hard!” she said telepathically.

When I was done absorbing she called me to sit over beside the two and close my eyes and even out my breathing. I followed her orders.