Letting Go

Black Sun & Red Moon

>>A few shadows later<<

Dara’s POV

“Jae! Dara! Don’t go far okay!” Hanbyul unnie called over.”Unnie we’re not kids anymore!” I whined while Jae just giggled beside me. Unnie pouted, Dongwook oppa walked over and hugged her. “Just don’t go far!” he said, although he was talking to me he was glaring at Jae who was playing with my hands. “Arasseo oppa!” I give him a look and he just smiled.

“Come one babe!”Jae called while pulling me towards the forest.

I followed him without saying a word. I kept silent while we walk towards somewhere and he seems to notice it. “You okay?” he stopped and turned to me to ask. His eyes filled with concern. “Of course” I answered and force a smile but it wasn’t convincing enough. With my other hand, I reached his face. At the moment I touched his skin I felt an electric impulse which sent my head to a total blank. I took my hand back, I shook my head and pulled him. “Let’s go”. I heard him sigh then led the way again.

For the past few weeks he has been acting weird, I’d always find him staring at something but when I ask what’s he staring at, he would just ignore the question. This isn’t like him at all.

After a couple of minutes of walking we finally stopped. Fog was all I saw but there were dim lights coming from behind. I turned to him to ask where we were but he just smiled and waved his hand, with that the fog moved away.

Behind it was a small pond, in the middle was a small gazebo. The moonlight was reflected on the calm water which made the scene more romantic.

I was lost on the beautiful view. A breeze passed by and it made me come back to reality, it wasn’t cold but it still made me shiver. I wrapped my hands around myself to warm me up.

“Anything wrong?” he asked with a worried voice. I didn’t notice he was gripping my hand waiting for an answer. I shook my head and said “Nothing!” I smiled. Again he took my hand and led me. One by one the torches on the pillars lit up and fireflies came out of the flowers surrounding the gazebo and then they started twirling around us.

“What’s the occasion?” I asked while my eyes are following the cute bugs. He grabbed me and gave me a kiss; it started soft but then turned passionate. He pulled away and said “Can’t I be with my lady on a beautiful night?” he smiled so beautifully.

His smile would always send me to heaven, all my worries seems to disappear whenever I’m with him. It’s as if there’s only me and him in the world. However, it has changed for the last couple of days.

We danced for a while. I had my arms wrapped around his neck while my head was resting on his chest. The beat of his heart was music to my ears. I let my eyes close to feel the moment more. I felt his head bend down to my neck, brushing his nose near my ear then he suddenly whispered “I LOVE YOU!”. It surprised. I looked at him and our eyes met. “I LOVE YOU MORE!” I answered. He touched my face and we just stared at each other. Even if the mouth wasn’t moving the eyes were enough to tell everything.

I pulled away from his hold, I looked at him, and slowly I fell for his beautiful chocolate brown eyes. “We should head back now!” I suggested. Dongwook oppa wouldn’t stop bugging me again if we come home late. He pouted so cutely! I pecked his lips and he smiled again. “Huuhhh” he sighed then said “Okay let’s go”

On the way back, we were holding hands and laughing, talking about the stupidest things like we always did. When we reached the door Yunho happened to pass by, he looked at me and said “Oh nuna your back!” I smiled; I looked over to Jae whose smile disappeared. I was about to ask him what’s wrong when Yoochun and Junsu came down the stairs and hugged me. “Nuna!” they both said. “Can we sleep in your room tonight? We want to see the fire and water thingy” they asked with the puppy dog face. “Okay” I smiled and they both cheered then they ran off somewhere.

I let go of Jae’s hand and said “I’ll just go take a shower!”. He smiled at kissed my cheeks. At the corner of my eyes I saw Yunho bite his lips.

I walked to my room and took a shower. I can’t stop thinking what’s up with the both of them. I rested my head on the end of the tub and slowly dozed off.

I jumped off the tub; I can’t believe it, why is this happening? I got a hold of myself preventing me from just falling down to the floor. Jae and Yun are in love!!!

Minutes passed and I was sure I was alright.

I walked back to my room and got change, I didn’t bother eating dinner. I laid on my bed and I hid under the covers, still trying to understand the dream. I heard Chun and Su knocking on my door. “Nuna! Are you okay?” they asked, I just hugged my pillow tighter not answering, then I heard someone else come. “Dongwook hyung! Nuna’s not coming out!” they cried. “Don’t worry she’ll be alright! Just let her rest!” after what oppa said it turned quiet and then I fell asleep again.

Few days after I tried my best to avoid the two, whenever they come close or be on the same room as me I would be the first one to leave. Dongwook oppa and Hanbyul nuna got really worried, they would ask me nonstop what was wrong, but I didn’t want to talk about it so I just ignored them. I kept asking myself why this did happen, I love him so much.

After more days I decided to break it off with him. I looked everywhere for him but he was nowhere to be found. I walked out to the garden and saw both of them talking, I couldn’t help but eavesdrop. “Joongie!” I was surprised to what he called Jae. “I can’t keep this up anymore! I love you but I love nuna more!”  Yun continued, I could see he was crying. Jae took a step forward and wiped his tears away, Yun held onto his hand which was still touching his cheek, and then he whispered. “I’m so sorry!” and left. Jae just stood there looking at the person who he loves walk away. “Please don’t leave! I love you!” when I heard what he said tears fell from my eyes, my knees were shaking and I fell to the floor. I covered my mouth to keep no one from hearing my sobs.

What’s happening to me, why do I feel bad when I’m the one who should be furious at them! I looked at Jae again; I was surprise to see him crying too. He does really love Yun. He did love me but it wasn’t enough to last.

I stood up and cleaned my face, I turned around and saw Dongwook oppa standing behind me. I was surprised, I covered my face and said “Oppa, wassup?” as happy as possible. I walked around him to leave but he caught me and hugged me. As soon as I felt security in my brothers arms tears fell again but this time it wouldn’t stop. “Omo!” I heard Hanbyul nuna gasp and walked towards us. She asked “What’s wrong?” while she pats my head. There was no answer from oppa so I assumed he told her telepathically.

Everything was explained to them, every detail. “So what’s going to happen then?” nuna asked me, I just looked down, I didn’t know what to do. “I don’t know” I whispered. “Do you love Jaejoong?” oppa asked me, the question was surprising. I looked at him, he was serious. “Of course!” I answered. “Do you love Yunho?” he asked and again I was surprised. “He’s my brother of course.” He stayed quiet, taking glances between me and nuna. There were no words spoken, they were talking in their heads, it annoyed me a little. I just sighed the annoyance away.

I stood up from the bed and walked towards the window. I looked over the garden and saw Jae sitting down besides the roses, those were Yun’s favourite flowers.

With every of the petals, he’s soul seems to grow weaker and weaker. I can sense his power declining by the second. I clutched my hands tighter, he was dying.

 

I got out of my room without telling them anything, they just watched we leave. I walked to Yun’s room and I heard crying. I knocked on the door and asked “Yun! Can I come in?” it took him awhile to answer back. “Ne nuna!” I opened the door and saw him reading a book; he was trying to hide his eyes which turned red and swollen from crying. “Can you do me a favour?” I smiled, waiting for him to answer. I was shaking for I didn’t know what I was doing. “Yeah of course nuna!” he finally gave me the answer I want. I touched his face and gave him the location of the garden Jae last took to me to. “Exactly at midnight come to this place! I’ll show you something, but don’t tell anyone arasseo!!” I finished and left. Next is Jae, I told him what I told Yun telepathically.

I waited for midnight to come, hiding myself behind a tree. I kept looking up and side to side waiting for them. Blue and Red orbs suddenly appeared. ‘They’re here” I told myself. I waited a little before showing up.

“What are you doing here?” Jae asked Yun, who was also confused about the situation. “Santokki nuna told me to come here alone!” he answered innocently, and looked around. “That’s what she told me too.” Jae said.

After hearing their little chitchat I came out. “YAY! Your’e finally here!” I blurted out. The two looked at me with confused face. “Nuna what’s this about.?” Yunnie asked me. He was rubbing his hand like he always does when he’s nervous while Jae kept touching his hair which what he does when he’s nervous also. I pulled both of them into the gazebo; they were facing each other while I was on the middle. I smiled at them.

“Arayo!” I spoke calmly. They were caught off guard with what I said. The two were looking at each other, I could hear their hearts beating faster, their breathe becoming uneven. “It’s okay! I’m not mad!” I finally spoke breaking the silence. Yunho started crying, as what a sister does I walked to him and hugged him. “What’s the matter honey?” I asked him. “I don’t deserve a sister like you.” He whispered. “You should be mad at me, I stole the person you love!” he cried. “Baby, no you didn’t! I do love him, but he loves you more and you love him as well. Who am I to break you two apart?” I retorted. “Dara, how did you find out?” Jae asked. “Really? You’re asking me that?” I questioned him. He just smiled. I pulled Yun and handed his hand to Jae, which he gladly took. “Nuna?” “Dara?” they both asked at the same time. “Don’t worry about me anymore! Please don’t let each other go. I may not be the smartest but one thing I’m sure of! Your love is much stronger than what we had or what the others have.” I touched both their cheeks and left. Before I was completely gone off the scene I heard them both say “I LOVE YOU” and “THANK YOU”. I wave my hand and little flares were dancing with them, it made them both chuckle.