Let's Be Friends!

He May Be a Bad Boy, But He's MY Bad Boy

At lunch the next day, I noticed Aeyoung, who was being avoided all day because of her scarred face, sat alone by herself at the table I used to sit at.

I stood up. "Where are you going, baby?" Junhyung asked.

"To eat with Aeyoung." I replied. He looked uncomfortable about it. "Then I'm going with you."

"Relocating!" Yoseob sang as we walked over. I sat down next to her. "Hi," I said, smiing shyly.

Aeyoung looked up at me in surprise. "What are YOU doing here? I don't want your pity. Go back." She glanced at the handsome boys warily, and I realized she wasn't trying to be rude to me by telling me to leave, but she was self-conscious about how her scarred face must look in front of them.

I smiled at her. "Aeyoung, you've already met my boyfriend, Yong Junhyung. These are our friends: Yoon Doojoon, Yan Yoseob, Jang Hyunseung, and Son Dongwoon."

"Hey, Aeyoung...." Dongwoon said curiously. "What happened to your....."

There was a sudden burst of cold air. The boys realized that, for the first time, I was glaring at them. My aura turned menacing, as if to say Mention her scar and I'll K-I-L-L you!

"...never mind." Dongwoon said in a small voice. My evil aura disappeared, replaced with my usual sweet, innocent, angelic one. I smiled sweetly.

"Look, just leave me alone." Aeyoung snapped, standing up and walking away. My face fell.

Junhyung patted my back. "It's okay, baby. Just leave it."

"But she must be really sad and lonely." I whispered, tears filling up my eyes. "I want to go talk to her."

I stood up and followed her down the hallway.

**************************************************************************************************************************

I heard a strange noise, and a yelp. Quickly I ran down the hallway to find Kyrtsal, Sulli, and Luna had cornered Aeyoung and pushed her.

"You little !" Sulli hissed. "Don't act so damn cocky, just because Beast decided to be nice and sit with you!"

"I'm not trying---" Aeyoung tried to say, but Luna cut her off.

"Enough excuses! We already have that stupid mousey four-eyed nerd hanging around Kystal's Junhyung sshi every day, we don't need an ugly scar-face like you in it as well!"

I felt angry. They called her "ugly scar-face"! Suddenly, I heard Aeyoung snap,

"Don't you dare call Mihi that! She's pretty, sweet, cute, innocent, and the nicest girl I've ever met. She's the complete opposite of you ers! Don't insult her like that when you're just jealous! Maybe if YOU acted a bit more like her, you'd GET guys like Junhyung!"

I couldn't believe my ears. She defended me. I thought she hated me.

But the truth was, Aeyoung had never seen a girl so sweet, kindhearted, angelic, and pure. She had come from a bad family that lived in a bad area, and seeing someone so innocent rubbed off on her. She wasn't used to dealing with people and being nice to others, so it's hard to express her feelings.

Kyrstal raised her hand to slap her. "! Nobody talks to US this way! We're the queenkas of Seoul High!"

There was a loud SLAP.

"Mihi ah!" Junhyung yelled, him and Beast running to the scene. They gasped.

Aeyoung, who was trying to shield herself, lifted her arms in surprise. I had run in front of them and took the blow. I gasped in pain, tears filling my eyes as my cheek turned angry red and stung.

"Mihi!" Aeyoung gasped as I fell to my knees. "Mihi!" I couldn't answer. My head was spinning and I saw stars.

Junhyung ran towards me, his face filled with grief. "Mihi ah! Baby! Baby, are you okay? Oh god, I'm so sorry! Baby, talk to me!"

"I'm.....fine.....oppa....." I managed to mumble out, tears dripping down my face. "It hurts a little, that's all."

Junhyung, his face now filled with fury, rounded on Kyrstal and her friends, who cowered from his glare. "I didn't mean to hurt her, oppa!" Kyrstal whined. "She took the hit herself! I was going to slap her ugly scar-faced friend!"

"Shut UP." He roared, and she flinched, her eyes tearing up. "I've had to deal with your bull for too long. Just get lost already. And this is for all of you---" He glared at the crowds of students that came to see the scene, and they all backed away. "--if Mihi ah says Aeyoung is her friend, then Aeyoung is her friend. If you DARE touch ANY of them, you'll have BEAST to answer to."

Aeyoung stared at them in shock. Beast glared at all the students menacingly, and even I gulped. I started to see what the boys really were like before I met them. Even the cute and monkey-like boy Yoseob looked like he could easily kill a few people.

"Also...." Doojoon hissed. "If I hear any of you mention Aeyoung's scar EVER, I'll KILL you. Got it?" The students ran away. Kyrstal burst into tears and ran off as well.

"Mihi...." Aeyoung said slowly. I turned to her as Junhyung helped me up. "Yes?"

"....T-th-th....th....tha....thank you......." She muttered, her face bright red. She had obviously never spoken those words before.

I smiled. "It wasn't a problem at all, Aeyoung! Let's be friends, okay?"

"Friends?" She looked a little shell-shocked at the word.

"Yes! Let's be BFFs! I've always wanted a BFF!" I giggled, pulling her up.

A smile slowly cracked on Aeyoung's face, but she quickly hid it. "Yeah, whatever."

I nodded happily. "Let's go back and eat lunch, Aeyoung ah!"

Aeyoung finally smiled, and her scarred face didn't look so scary anymore. I laughed and she let herself be pulled away.

"Did you see that?" Hyunseung marveled.

"What do you mean?" Dongwoon asked.

"Well, one minute Aeyoung was all "talk to me and die", but Mihi ah does one thing and suddenly, she's BFFs with her!" He laughed. "I have to say, that girl's got a gift. She can make friends with just about anybody!"

Junhyung smiled softly. *I can't believe I even deserve a girl like her. I'm the luckiest guy in the world.*