New Year

He May Be a Bad Boy, But He's MY Bad Boy

It was wintertime, and the Christmas and New Year break.

Thick, fluffy snowflakes twirled outside of the window. I stared at them dreamily.

"You really like snow, huh?" Aeyoung chuckled as she walked into the living room. I was staring out the window, and Haruhi was curled up on the couch flipping TV channels. Aeyoung placed three cups of hot chocolate down on the table, and I left to go join them on the couch.

"Yes! You even put marshmallows in!" I cheered. Aeyoung laughed. "I thought you would like them."

I smiled when Haruhi put a blanket over our legs. This was definitely the life -- sitting in between two amazing friends, with a fire crackling merrily in the fireplace, warm and cozy and watching snowflakes drift outside......what could make this even better?

The door suddenly opened, and six handsome boys shaking snow off their heads and drying their boots walked in. "Happy New Years Eve, ladies!" Doojoon said cheerfully.

"AAAAAAARGH!" Aeyoung snapped. "Don't just barge into our home!"

"Well, then, pick a better spot to hide the spare key." Hyunseung suggested. "We just take it from underneath the doormat."

"It's okay, Aeyoung-ah." I said, giggling. "The more the merrier, right? Besides, wouldn't you want to spend New Years Eve with your boyfriend?" Aeyoung blushed and muttered something darkly.

Doojoon hopped over and threw an arm around her. "That's right, babe!" He said happily. "Today, we're gonna party!"

Haruhi smiled. "I'm going to go sit next to Yoseob." She whispered, getting up to go sit on the carpet next to him shyly. He looked extremely pleased.

Everyone else made themselves comfortable on chairs or on the floor. Junhyung took Haruhi's spot and sat with his feet up on the table and his arm around mine. I settled into his body.

We sang songs and laughed a lot.

"Oh, I forgot!" Doojoon said. "We forgot to give presents to each other at Christmas time!"

I gasped. "I totally forgot about that! I'm sorry, I didn't get anybody......" I was so flustered and embarassed I had stood up. I had gone to a chalet to ski with my parents, and Aeyoung went to visit Bongcha, and Haruhi spent it with her family. I felt so upset. None of Beast, from what I knew, had loving parents or a happy family. How did they spend their Christmas? Alone?

Next time for sure, I would spend it with them and Junhyung.

Kikwang laughed. "Ah, you're so cute. Since none of us got Christmas presents for each other, then how about this -- you don't have to get us anything, but you have to give us a hug!" He held his arms out wide as an invitation.

"But that's not enough......" I mumbled. Kikwang winked at me. "Trust me, it's enough for Beast."

I nodded and hugged him. Kikwang flashed Junhyung a smirk. "Watch it, bastard." He growled.

I hugged Dongwoon, and Doojoon, and Yoseob next. Hyunseung smiled and hugged me tightly. "Merry Christmas and Happy New Year, Minnie." He whispered into my ear.

Junhyung was glowering at everybody while I hugged them. "Don't get jealous, oppa." I chided as I sat back down next to him. I kissed him lightly on the lips. "I'll save the best for my boyfriend."

He finally smiled and kissed me back.

"What should I give you guys?" Aeyoung asked. "Just so you know, I'm not hugging any of you."

"You can give us...........a smile." Dongwoon suggested. Aeyoung burst out laughing. "Present recieved." Dongwoon said cheerfully.

Doojoon smiled affectionately at Aeyoung. "My girlfriend is so amazing......."

Haruhi blushed. "I-I don't know what to give......"

"You're not hugging her." Yoseob cut in, glaring at them mutinously.

"Give us friendship." Hyunseung said. Haruhi looked at him, puzzled. Hyunseung held out his hand. "I'm waiiiiiiiiiiiiting."

She smiled and placed her hand in his. "Here's my friendship, Hyunseung."

"Thank you." He smiled.

Haruhi gave her friendship to everybody. "Merry Christmas and Happy New Year."

"What are you guys going to give us, then?" Aeyoung asked, eyebrows raised.

"We already gave you the best present of all." Kikwang said grandly.

"Really?"

"We showed up at your house."

Aeyoung threw a pillow at him. "Okay, that's good enough."

"These are the cheapest presents in the world." I sighed, and we all laughed.

****************************************************************************************************************************************

11:55--

"Let's sing some more!" Doojoon cheered.

"Yah, Yoseob, that's MY hot chocolate!" Doojoon yelled.

"Calm down! God, you guys are like animals!" Aeyoung groaned.

11:56--

"It's almost midnight." I said, rubbing my eyes. "I'm sleepy."

Junhyung kissed my cheek. "I know, baby. Just a few more minutes, okay?"

11:57--

"Hey, will you give me a New Year kiss when it's midnight?" Doojoon asked Aeyoung.

"Probably not."

"WHAT? WHHHHHHHHHHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY?"

"OKAY I WILL JUST SHUT UP!"

"You're so cute, Aeyoung-ah. Give me a kiss."

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH!"

11:58--

"Hey, since we are celebrating Christmas AND New Years at the same time, we should hang up misteltoe." Kikwang said, laughing. "So whoever passes underneath it has to kiss the person next to them. Guy OR girl."

"Oh god, no!" Hyunseung groaned. "I'm not turning homo tonight. Not now, not ever."

11:59--

"Let's just play spin the bottle, it's easier." Dongwoon suggested.

"NOBODY IS PLAYING ANY KIND OF KISSING GAME." Yoseob growled, unconsciously holding Haruhi's hand. She blushed in response, but didn't pull away.

"IT'S THE COUNTDOWN!" I squealed in excitement, bouncing up and down and holding onto Junhyung's hand tightly.

"TEN!"

"NINE!"

"EIGHT!"

"SIX---NO WAIT, SEVEN! SEVEN!"

"YOU IDIOT, YOU'RE MESSING US ALL UP!"

"HOW CAN YOU GUYS MESS UP A COUNTDOWN? JUST COUNT DOWN THE NUMBERS STARTING FROM 10!"

"SHUT UP WE'RE ALREADY AT FIVE!"

"FOUR!"

"THREE!"

"TWO!"

"ONE!"

"HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" We all cheered.

"And Merry belated Christmas." I said in afterthought, and we all laughed.

Junhyung kissed me, and Doojoon kissed Aeyoung.

"No fair, we don't get to kiss anybody." Kikwang whined.

Haruhi blushed with embarassment and pleasure when Yoseob pecked her cheek. They smiled shyly at each other.

I smiled sleepily and leaned on Junhyung, who put an arm around me. "Happy New Year, oppa."

"Happy New Year, baby."

"Oppa?"

"Hmmm?"

"Next year......I'll spend Christmas with you."

"...........I'd like that."

"Love you."

"Love you too, baby."