Realization

He May Be a Bad Boy, But He's MY Bad Boy

HYUNSEUNG'S POV:

"Is she okay?"

"She's sleeping now. She'll be fine. But that scar is gonna stay there forever."

Doojoon, Aeyoung, Yoseob, Kikwang, Dongwoon and I were surrounding the bed where Mihi was sleeping. The doctors cleaned her up and stitched her well. I stared at the long, faint scar that ran from the inside her wrist to the crook of her elbow. It didn't look right -- it looked wrong, somehow, that a girl so beautiful, so angelic and sweet and innocent, should have something like that. I felt sick as I stared at it, so I focused on Mihi's face. She was sleeping soundly.

Aeyoung didn't say anything the entire time. She stared at Mihi, fists clenched, her face completely white, except for her blaring red scar. Her lip trembled.

Doojoon put an arm around her and held her close, bringing his lips to her forehead. Aeyoung turned and buried her head into his shoulder.

That made me feel sick too. I wished so much that I could do that to Mihi, that I could be the one holding her in my arms, kissing her, whispering her name, calling her "baby"..........not Junhyung.

As everyone huddled around, murmering solemnly to each other (even Kikwang and Yoseob looked serious), I noticed something, since I was closest to her, right next to her sleeping body. A tear dripped from Mihi's closed eyelid, gently falling down her face and hitting the pillow. "Jun..............hyung.........oppa......." She mumbled in her sleep.

I realized it then. The entire world crashed around me. I was so stupid. I was throwing everything away -- my friends, my family, my life -- to force my love upon a girl who did not love me, but my friend. I was disgusting.

Mihi DID love me, just not the way I wanted her to -- she loved me as a brother, as a best friend. But as long as she loved me, that was all I needed.

I couldn't force her to love me back, not when she belonged to someone else.

Someone she TRULY belonged with.

Yong Junhyung.

Where was he? 

I remembered his face when he realized he hurt Mihi. It was the face of a man who couldn't stop something horrible from happening. It was the face of someone watching a child get , a baby get murdered, an animal get burned alive. It was the face of utter horror, disgust, revulsion, regret...............and pain.

He could be committing suicide for all I know.

I stood up.

"Hyunseung?" Dongwoon asked, worried.

I ignored them all, racing out of the room and down the hallways, running outside the hospital.

I needed to find Junhyung before he did anything drastic and unrational.

It wasn't his fault Mihi got hurt. It was mine.

If I really, truly loved Mihi, I would want her to be happy with all my heart.

And I did. I wanted her to be happy.

And if that meant giving her up and letting Junhyung be with her, then so be it.

" you, Junhyung!" I hissed, kicking my motorcycle to life and speeding down the streets. "If you do anything stupid, I'll never forgive you!"  

**********************************************************************************************************************************