Exams

He May Be a Bad Boy, But He's MY Bad Boy

Junhyung and Doojoon walked into our house, Beast following closely behind, to find Aeyoung and I sitting cross-legged around the table in the living room staring at notes, books piled up like walls around our heads.

"What's going on here?" Yoseob asked, scratching his head.

"Exam day is coming up." Aeyoung said, still poring over her notes. "We're studying for it. Didn't you hear the announcements?"

Hyunseung stared questioningly at Kikwang, who shrugged. "Nope. I think we were out fighting Infinite that day, 'cuz we missed the announcements."

"Well, stop studying and let's go do something!" Doojoon insisted.

"We can't." I said.

"Why not?" Junhyung asked, frowning.

"Well, you probably didn't hear the news since you missed the announcements, but according to the principal, he said anybody who fails Exam day won't be allowed to go up a grade, and they'll have to stay in school for summer lessons during the summer break." I said.

There was a shocked silence.

"WHAT?" They yelled. "Since when did that bastard suddenly make that up?" Dongwoon growled.

"! That means we HAVE to pass!" Junhyung groaned.

"What did you do for the other Exam days?" Aeyoung asked curiously.

Doojoon smiled and her hair. "We skipped."

"Figures." Aeyoung rolled her eyes. "That's probably why the principal made up this new rule in the first place."

"Oh~~~." I said, my eyes open wide and blinking innocently. "So, it's all oppas' fault?"

They stared at me.

"You're so~~~ cute," Junhyung whined, pinching my cheeks. "You're making me feel guilty, forcing you to suddenly have to study like this."

I handed him a book. "You have to study too, oppa. Or else you'll have to repeat your junior year again."

He muttered a stream of swear words under his breath. "I hate studying. But I don't want to be stuck in the school all summer, and I want to be in the same class as Mihi-ah next year.....so....."

He opened the book and started to study the history of South Korea.

"Woah...." Kikwang said in shock. "I didn't know you can read, hyung."

Junhyung threw a book at him.

"You guys should study too." Doojoon said, reading off the same notes as Aeyoung. "Unless you all want to fail."

"I don't want to study......" Yoseob whined.

Hyunseung sat down and dutifully started reading the math textbook.

Dongwoon borrowed/stole my notes.

Kikwang collapsed on the ground and buried his face in the science workbook.

Yoseob, after much pouting and grumbling, finally took the book on Literature and started reading it.

After a few hours, Aeyoung and I decided to take a break.

I got up and stretched, then peeked over behind Junhyung to see how far he had gone.

He was still on the same page.

Aeyoung and I realized that ALL of Beast was still staring at the same page they started at.

"Um.....oppas...." I said hesitantly. "Do you....need....help?"

They stared at us. "We don't understand any of this." They echoed.

Aeyoung and I looked at each otehr and sighed. This was going to be a loooooong study session.

*******************************************************************************************************************************

It was eleven o' clock pm. Beast was lying all over the living room, snoring away. They had been up studying until they were exhausted. Aeyong and I were exhausted too, having taught them everything in the textbooks. They were sprawled out everywhere in the weirdest positions. In the far corner of the room, away from everyone else, Aeyoung and Doojoon were fast asleep in each other's arms.

I rubbed my eyes. I couldn't get to sleep. It was raining hard outside, and I can't sleep when it rains. The noise scares me.

The wind broke off a branch on the tree outside, and the branch smacked into the window before scraping down to the ground. I whimpered at the sound. I hate scary noises.

My whimper must have woken up Junhyung, because he rubbed his eyes and yawned slightly. He was lying down next to me. "What's wrong, baby?" He whispered.

"I don't like the noise." I mumbled. "It's okay, go back to sleep."

"What? You don't want to sleep with me?" He asked, teasing me. I was glad he couldn't see my face turn red in the darkness. "No! Well, um....I mean....."

Suddenly, lightning flashed, filling the whole room with light for half a second. A few seconds later, a loud rumble of thunder roared, shaking the glass on the windows and rattling the objects on the shelves.

I squealed and immediately scrambled closer to Junhyung, burying my face in his chest.

"What?" He looked surprised. "Mihi-ah? Baby? Are you.....scared of thunder?"

My shoulders shook as I clutched myself to him tighter. I was so embarassed. I thought he might see me as a weak little girl.

Instead, I felt his arms constrict around me. "It's okay, baby. I'm here. The thunder won't hurt you, baby, just go to sleep."

I felt his lips press against my hair, and I instantly felt safe and warm and happy. The thunder didn't sound so scary when it was muffled by Junhyung's body.

"Go to sleep, baby." He whispered into my ear.

I smiled as he my hair. "I love you, oppa."

"I love you too, baby."

************************************************************************************************************************************

Thankfully, we all passed. Aeyoung and I were the top-scoring students in our class. Beast managed to scrape off a pass.

"Piece of cake!" Yoseob bragged.

Dongwoon smirked. "Really? I saw you during the exams. You almost bit your pencil in half."

Yoseob started chasing after him, and we all laughed.

"Ahhh, I'm so glad Exam day is over." Kikwang sighed happily, stretching.

"I agree." Hyunseung said, smiling. "Now we don't have to study anymore."

"No, you don't." Aeyoung said. "There's still midterm and end-of-year Exams, remember?"

All of their faces fell. Then Doojoon brightened up. "That's true, but we have our darling, adorable, AMAZING girlfriends to teach us again, right?"

Aeyoung and I blushed.

"Of course they're amazing." Junhyung agreed, pulling me tighter to his side. "After all, they're Beast's girls. We have nothing BUT the best."

Aeyoung and I smiled at each other under the arms of our boyfriends. Beast's girls.

We liked the sound of that.