New School

He May Be a Bad Boy, But He's MY Bad Boy

"Mihi~~~!" Umma sang. "It's time to get up~~~!"

I groaned and pulled the covers over my head.

"If you don't get up, you'll be late for your first day of school~~~!"

Yikes! That got me up. I rushed out of bed and grabbed my school uniform. I didn't care much about first appearances, but I didn't want to get into trouble.

"Have a good day, sweetie~~," Umma sang again as she brushed my hair for me. I never remembered to. "Appa and I will unfortunately be gone for the next few weeks or so, but my little Mihi ah can take care of herself, can't she?"

I sighed. "Of course I can, umma. Go have fun with appa."

Umma squealed and ran off cheerfully. I smiled. Umma was more of a little girl than I was. They loved going on trips while doing business. They wanted to take me along, but I refused. I'd skip too much school for that. So basically, I had the house to myself. Although sometimes my nurse and caretaker, Bongcha, would come and help me around the house. She was here now, bustling in and fussing with my uniform. "Goodness, LOOK at those wrinkles! Did you ever fold this neatly, Mihi?"

I shook my head. "You know I don't care about things like that, Bongcha." I said, smiling. "Why should I care what people think about me?"

"Just be careful when you're at school, Mihi." Bongcha insisted. "This isn't the country anymore. You're in the city now. I've heard some bad people go to Seoul High."

I felt butterflies in my stomach, although I tried not to show it. It's true. I was a country girl, through and through. Now I was in the hustle and bustle of Seoul, where rumours of teenage gangs dominate the backalley streets, and girls wearing clothes much too small and short for themselves would go to parties on school nights. I shivered. Hopefully, I'll never become one of those gross girls who wear tube tops, miniskirts, and high heels, who think it's okay have guys slap their asses as they walk by or make disgusting comments.

Bongcha and umma waved goodbye as I walked to school.

The schoolyard was mostly empty, since school had already started. I made my way to my first class.

My homeroom teacher, Mr. Choi, made me introduce myself in front of the class. I stuttered over my words, and when I walked back down to my seat in the second-last row next to the window, someone stuck their foot out and I tripped over it. The class snickered.

I went to my seat, my cheeks red with humiliation. That wasn't very nice.

At lunch time, I sat by myself at a table in the corner of the cafeteria, trying to avoid everyone's gaze as I read a book. Already I was getting a new nickname -- "Mousey Girl".

After lunch, I had math. I sat down in an empty seat while everyone else chattered happily as they sat down as well. No one bothered to sit next to me.

In the middle of the lesson, the door slammed open, and a very handsome but angry-looking boy walked in. Girls screamed and swooned at the sight of him. I looked up curiously.

"Oh, Mr. Yong!" Mr. Cheung stammered. "Y-you're here for class?"

"Obviously, what does it look like?" He snapped.

"Well, I guess the only seat that's left....is next to the new student, Park Mihi."

The boy walked over and sat down next to me, not even acknowledging my prescense. I didn't force any conversation with him, instead bending over to do my work and take notes.

After a few minutes, I noticed someone staring at me. I turned over to see the boy looking at me with his dark eyes. I hastily dropped my gaze. "Y-yes?" I asked quietly.

"How come you don't introduce yourself to me?" He asked. I don't think he was trying to be rude -- he was just asking a question. "Most girls fall over themselves to even be near me."

I shrugged. "I'm new, so I don't understand how things work around here." I bowed in my seat. "I'm very sorry."

He looked at me in surprise. "What was that for?"

"Huh, what?"

"You know, that stupid bowing you just did."

"That? I do that because, well, it's polite."

"Well, stop." He grunted. "It pisses me off."

"Oh, I'm very sorry!" I bowed hastily.

"You're doing it again!!!" He snapped.

"Sorry sorry sorry!" I squealed, almost about to bow but straightening up.

Junhyung watched me as I wrote down the notes. *She looks kind of quiet and nerdy, but under her glasses, she looks kind of.....cute....Her name was Park Mihi, huh?*

I noticed Junhyung staring at me, but tried to ignore it. I shifted uncomfortably in my seat. The intensity of his gaze bothered me.

When the bell rang, I gathered my stuff and rose up to leave, but he grabbed my wrist and roughly shoved me back down.

"Y-yes?" I squeaked.

He leaned in close, staring at me intensely with his dark eyes. ".....I'm right. You WOULD look better without glasses." He took my glasses away with his long fingers, and stared at my face. He swallowed. *Wow, she looks amazing......*

When he realized what he was doing, he quickly shoved the glasses back to me, then stalked away. *Man, what's wrong with me? I generally stay away from girls. But that girl is so interesting, and confusing....it's so hard to figure her out.....she's different from the others......*

I sat there in a daze, heat flooding to my cheeks.

What just happened there? Why did my heart beat so fast?

*********************************************************************************************************************

Sorry for such a lame chapter LOL. In the end, my role model dbskgirl4ever always writes better fics......

Haha if you haven't already read her stories they are FREAKING AMAZING!!!! The best ones are Battlefield of Cinderella and My Badass Boyfriend. Nightmare was really good too, but it was too saaaaaad.........*I was practically bawling at the end*