Relationship part 2: Aeyoung + Doojoon (Aeyoung's POV)

He May Be a Bad Boy, But He's MY Bad Boy

I was standing by myself in the shade of a tree at the park, watching all the little kids play on the playground. I smiled sadly, seeing those kids laughing their asses off while their parents watched worriedly behind the scenes, scared they will get hurt.

Wish I had a childhood like that.

I turned my head and saw a figure that made my stomach flip -- Doojoon was playing with a soccer ball by himself on the fields. I slowly walked over to him, trying to force myself not to turn red.

He noticed me, his face breaking into a wide smile. "Aeyoung-ah!"

I felt my heart break. Don't do that, please. It just makes me loving you so much harder. Stop looking like I made your day by being here.

"Doojoon," I said carefully. "What's up?"

He kicked up the soccer ball and started bouncing it on one knee, casually, without even trying. "I really like playing sports, so I come here by myself to play." He made a face. "The others don't bother. They only use their muscles for fighting."

"I'll play with you." I offered. His face lit up. "Really?"

I shrugged. "Sure, I like sports."

We played an awesome game, stabbing sticks into the ground to make goal posts. Doojoon won 5-4. "Yeah, I won!" He hooted, punching the air with his fist.

I smiled slightly at that, then quickly ran over and kicked the soccer ball. It soared striaght into his net. "Ha, now it's a tie game."

He pouted. "That's not fair, the game already ended!"

I rolled my eyes. "I'll go get the ball." I ran off before he could say anything else.

My face broke down from its usual casual arrogance, like it always did when I was near him. He made my heart break. I loved him so much, but I knew I couldn't ever be with him.

I grabbed the soccer ball and stood up. Instantly, I felt a pair of arms hug me from behind.

I gasped and dropped the soccer ball in surprise. "D-D-Doojoon! What are....?"

He didn't answer, but hugged me more tightly, his head resting on my shoulder. I could feel his breath on the side of my face.

"Aeyoung-ah.....how come you won't go out with me?"

I turned red, and my scar flared. "Not this again."

"Tell me." He insisted. "I like you, and you like me, right? So, what's stopping us from being together?"

I tried to pull away, but he held on tighter. "I-it just won't work out, okay? You deserve someone better. Someone who came from a good family, someone who's nice and sweet to people. Someone who would smile at you and kiss you when she saw your face. Someone who is beautiful, not someone who is disfigured like me. You are perfect, Doojoon, so you deserve a perfect girl." I felt tears in my eyes as I said this.

He spun me around, hands on my shoulders, and I stared in shock at his face. His face was mixed with different emotions -- anger, fear, pain, sadness, desperation. "I'm not perfect, Aeyoung." He said. "I was an unwanted child. My father was a bastard and my mother was a e. By chance, I got adopted by my aunt and sent here, but she didn't want anything to do with me either. I was left all alone, until I met the boys that became my friends and Beast. We all live in a single-room apartment, Aeyoung, did you know that? All six of us. I'm the leader of a gang, and now my heart is breaking because my first love is rejecting me. I'm far from perfect."

I bit my lip so my tears wouldn't fall. I hated crying. "B-but you still deserve a perfect girl. It wouldn't work with someone like me. You need somebody innocent and pure and sweet, like Junhyung and Mihi-ah."

His grip on my shoulders tightened. "I don't want a perfect girl. I want you. You are sweet and innocent and pure, you just don't show it. I don't care whether you aren't smart enough, or good enough, or pretty enough. I don't give a you have a stupid little scar on your face. I am in love with you, Aeyoung, so please, I'm begging you.....don't break my heart."

I felt my tears drip down my cheeks. Dammit. "I.....I....."

He held me close to his chest. "Let it out, Aeyoung. I want to hear it."

My shoulders shook as I clutched tightly at his shirt. "I love you, god dammit. I love you, and I want to be with you forever."

He held me close, my hair and kissing my head, until I calmed down and stopped crying.

He gently pulled me away slightly, wiped off a tear from my cheek, then leaned in and kissed me.

After what seemed like minutes, hours, days, even years, he pulled away and leaned the other side to kiss my ruined cheek. "I love you, Aeyoung. Be with me."

I smiled. "I will. I love you too, Doojoon."

He smiled and bent over to kiss me again.