Birthday

He May Be a Bad Boy, But He's MY Bad Boy

"Oh!" I gasped one day. "It's my birthday in a week!"

"Huh? Really?" Aeyoung asked, elbowing me aside to peer at the calendar. "How come you never told us?"

I shrugged. "It's not that important."

"Not that important? Girl, there's something wrong with you." Aeyoung snorted. "Aren't you supposed to give our handmade invitations and make a birthday party or something?"

I shook my head. "I've never had a birthday party before. Umma and appa are always away, so I celebrate my birthday by myself."

Aeyoung stared at me for a while. Aish, this girl.....at first glance, she looks very well-brought up and spoiled, but even though she has a loving umma and appa, she's basically alone all the time......

**************************************************************************************************************************************

"Oppa!" I squealed, throwing my arms around Junhyung. He laughed and hugged me back. "Hey there, baby." He kissed the top of my head. "You're even happier than normal today, I wonder why."

"I'm always happy seeing oppa." I said, beaming sweetly at him.

"Aigoo, my girlfriend is so damn cute~!" Junhyung yelled joyfully, pinching my cheeks.

"Hey, Junhyung." Aeyoung said. "I need to talk to you for a minute."

Junhyung, looking puzzled, followed her into an empty classroom where I could see the rest of Beast and Haruhi was. I was puzzled. "Can't I come?"

"This is about gang fights." Aeyoung said seriously. "I didn't think you'd want to stay to listen to it. It's pretty.......gory."

I shuddered and backed away quickly. "I-it's okay, I'll just go home and do homework."

When I saw them leave, I skipped up and asked Junhyung if he wanted to come do homework with me like always.

He shook his head, giving me an apologetic smile. "Sorry, baby. Teen Top asked us for help. I gotta go. It looks like Infinite is causing hell again." He quickly kissed my lips. "See you tomorrow."

I felt puzzled. I thought for sure he must be hiding something from me. But what was it?

(To tell you the truth, she's pretty dense. The answer is kinda obvious.........0_0)

That happened for the next few days. Every time I tried to hang out with Beast, or Aeyoung, or Haruhi, they always said they were busy or had to go do something. I felt a bit hurt. Were they avoiding me on purpose?

Saturday came. I felt really depressed now. Even Aeyoung was busy, studying up in her room.

A phone call. I picked it up. "Mihi-ah?" Haruhi whispered.

"Hey, Haruhi-ah. What's up?"

"Can you help me?"

"With what?"

"You see, there's this question in math that I can't get, and it's due tomorrow. I really, really need your help. Can you come over......?"

"Um, sure." I quickly said goodbye, got up, and walked out. "Aeyoung-ah, I'm going out for a bit, 'kay?" I yelled.

"Sure!" She yelled back.

Haruhi's house was quiet. "Byunghun oppa is out with Teen Top right now." She explained. "Usually it's very loud here, because he almost always brings at least one or two members with him, and they're always making noise."

We finished the questions. Haruhi just didn't seem to get it, no matter how hard I tried to explain it to her. It was almost as if she was refusing to understand......

"Umph! It's just so hard....." Haruhi sighed after three long hours of studying. She peered at the clock. "It's five already! Wanna just go to your house?"

"Sure," I sighed. I wondered if Aeyoung was done studying yet.

We walked back to my house, and when I called out "Hello?" nobody answered.

"Is she out?" I asked curiously.

"I dunno." Haruhi shrugged.

I realized the living room lights were off, even though I was certain I had turned them on before leaving......

"Hello? Aeyoung-ah?"

I flipped on the lights and shrieked.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MIHI-AH!"

All of Teen Top and Beast, including Aeyoung, cheered. They were crowded in the living room. Streamers and confetti flew everywhere, balloons floated all over the ground, a huge banner spelled out in shining letters HAPPY 18th BIRTHDAY, PARK MIHI!!! Best of all, a huge, beautiful cake, with white icing and soft pink icing flowers, sat in the middle of the table.

Junhyung, grinning, wrapped his arms around me. "Happy 18th birthday, baby." He whispered, kissing my cheek. "We wanted to give you a surprise party. It was all Aeyoung's idea, when she found out you never had a birthday party before, she called us and planned everything."

"When I said I was up in my room studying, I was actually texting everyone to get the plans all ready." Aeyoung explained, grinning from ear to ear.

I had my hands over my mouth, smiling widely in surprise. "I can't believe this!" I squealed, bouncing up and down. "This is the best thing that's ever happened to me! Can I blow out the candles?"

"Of course," They laughed. I blew them out with one try.

"What was your wish?" Niel asked.

I smiled as I glanced at all of my friends -- my family -- that was circled around me. "It already came true."