Please Smile

To Love is The Hardest Thing To Do

After long hours of the operation, the doctor finally went out of the emergency room. Yuri and Ayumi quickly get up from the chair and asked "How is he" in chorus.

"The operation went well but.."

Kibum and Yoona went beside Yuri and waited for the doctor's news about Jaejin.

"He is in comatose right now. We have to wait for him to wake up"

Ayumi broke into tears as she placed her hands on her face. "Unnie" Yoona rubbed her back as she lead him to take a seat at the chair.

"But is he okay? Is he safe?" Kibum asked.

"We should be checking his vital signs and blood pressure. For now, maybe it is best if all of us would pray that he would soon wake up and could recover fast" The doctor answered.

"Can we visit him?"

"After a few hours I think, it is because the nurses are still checking him up. You may, but one at a time"

"Oh, one more thing, doc" Yuri said. "How about Lee Donghae?"

"Hmm, actually, I wasn't assigned to him, but you can ask Dr. Jun about his condition"

"Thanks" Yuri said.

"Ottoke" Ayumi whispered.

"Unnie, you have to call Jaejoong" Yoona asked. "He should be here"

Ayumi nodded. "Ayumi, I think you should pay Donghae a visit, Hongki texted me and he said that Dongahe is in the room right now"

"Okay" Ayumi sighed. "But I have to call Jaejoong first. Can you assist me KIibum at the nurse's desk? I just need to clarify things, it is kinda stressful handling two brothers in one hospital" Ayumi heaved out anotehr sigh then chuckled to lighten up her mood.

"Sure" Kibum answered "You should not be stressed, the baby is-"

"The baby would be strong" Yoona said as she rubbed Ayumi's tummy. "Unnie, Yuri and I will visit Donghae first, okay?"

Ayumi nodded. "Call Hongki, I need him to do something"

"Neh"

 


Hongki excused himself and told Donghae that Ayumi needs him to do something.

"Ayumi noona wants me to go to her. Kibum said that afterwhich, Ayumi will come here to check up on you"

"It must be hard for her"

"Surely it is, Hae. Two brothers in one hospital? Fate's gotta be kidding"

Donghae chuckled then sighed. "I'm sorry"

"It was not your fault anyway" Hongki said "Trying to be the hero for the love of his life isn't a bad thing, it is a proof of how much you want her"

"You are so cheesy"

"Oh c'mmon! This day has been so stressful!" Hongki laughed.

"I'll go first, is it okay? Do you want me to call the nurse?"

"Go on, I'll be okay"

"Will you?"

"Of course"

"Okay" Donghae nodded and Hongki left the room for a while.


 

Yuri sighed in disbelief. Jaejin is in a comatose state.

She run her hands up in her hair and closed her eyes.

I cannot afford losing Jaejin and Donghae. They mean so much to me. I love Donghae more than anyone else in this world. He was there to defend and protect me, to save my life. He alsmost lost his life for me. Jaejin is such a nice guy. He loved me more than anything. His heart is so fragile. He is young, he still deserves to live. He needs ro be happy, but why does this sickness stopped him from being happy?

When will this pain end? She thought.

"Donghae" She whispered as she thought of Donghae.

Just then, Yoona sit beside her and said "Do you want to visit Donghae?"

"Of course" Yuri looked at her "Can we?"

"Neh, I'll go with you"

They looked for Room 0130.

"Here" Yoona said.

Suddenly, the door opened and Hongki went out of the room.

"Oh, Yuri, Yoona" He said.

"Is Donghae here?" Yuri asked worriedly.

"Neh, I'm glad you are here, I am about to ask for the nurse to come, I know all of you are on the emergency room" He said.

"By the way, How is Jaejin?"

"Critical" Yoona sighed "He's in coma"

Hongki's face fell down. "Will he be okay?"

"Let us pray for it" Yoona said. "I think you should go to Ayumi now, she's waiting"

"Okay" Hongki said then sighed.

"Can I come inside?" Yuri asked.

"Of course, he's waiting" Hongki said. "I'll go first" He walked towards the elevator.

Yuri took a deep breathe. "Yoona, are y-"

"I'll wait for you here" Yoona cut her words.

Yuri opened the door and saw Donghae at the hospital bed.


 

Due to the fact that he couldn't see anything for a while due to the bandage that covered up his eyes, he felt afraid. Afraid that he may never see again. Yet, he still has a clear vision of the girl he loves the most in his mind. He remembered the time that  Yuri held his hand and the look on her face. The sadness and pain from Yuri's eyes made him feel the guilt. He doesn't want to see her in that state. She looked so worried. She's in pain. He hates it most.

"If that would be the last time that I would see Yuri in my eyes... I will live in pain. Lord, at least let me see her smile before you take away my sight." He thought then sighed. 

Just then, someone opened the door. 

"Hongki?" He asked.

He could hear the sound of the shoes that the person is making while walking towards him.

"Yuri?" He asked once more.

He heard a sniff sound as if the person is crying. His heart thumped so hard. 

"Donghae" 

Surely, it is Yuri.

"Yuri-ah"

Yuri hugged Donghae and sobbed in his chest.

"I am so sorry" Yuri cried. "If not because of me, these things would not happen, I am so sorry"

He remained silent. "You were there, you were there for me and Yoona. Are you crazy? Do you really want to die?"

"I.." Donghae paused. "I'm sorry"

"Pabo-ya, micheosoyo" Yuri cried harder.

"You told me that you don't love me anymore. You pushed me away. But then you are here in this hospital bed because of me... Why are you being like this Donghae?"

"I don't want anything bad happen to you Yuri" He answered "And..I love you still."

Yuri sobbed harder. Donghae felt bad. He rubbed her back and said "Hey, I ain't dead, why do you need to cry that way?"

"I was so afraid" Yuri spoke "I thought you'll leave me" She added.

"Please don't cry" Donghae pleaded.

"How would I stop? I am so worried about the two of you" Yuri said "I can't afford losing Jaejin... and most especially.. you" 

"Yuri"

Yuri tightened the embrace and said "I love you, I can't afford losing you and I was so afraid that night" She cried.

Donghae run his hands to touch her face. He lifted up her chin and said "Aren't you happy that I'm still here?" He smiled.

"I love you, I'm sorry" Donghae said. "I love you and I won't ev-"

Yuri kissed him even before he finish his sentence. You can see the longing in their arms. Donghae cupped his hands in her face. It was a long and passionate kiss. 

"I miss you" Yuri cried as she broke the kiss.

"I miss you, everything about you, your smile" He paused.

"I love you, please smile" Donghae continued "My eyes are hungry for your smile"

"I would" Yuri wiped off her tears and smile "I love you so much"

"Please don't ever leave.. again"

Yuri embraced Donghae tightly.

 


Preview:

 

"Jaejin" Donghae softly spoke as he held his hand. He could feel the coldness of Jaejin's hands. He may not see him clearly but his ears have strong senses. He hates the fact that he could hear the beeping sounds of the machine and the apparatus connected to his brother's body.

"Wake up, Jae.." He paused. "It's your birthday.. Happy 20th birthday" He cried.

 


Short update but Yulhae is back! Wait for the next chapter :) I love you guys. Thank you for patiently waiting for this. ♥