Requited Love; Broken Relationship

To Love is The Hardest Thing To Do

 

-Yurishhii! How are you? Kibum is here and I am so happy^_^-

Yuri read the message from Yoona.

-Oh, that's great, have fun!^_~- She replied.

She dialed Donghae's number but she hesitates to push the call button.
It took her for several minutes to decide but still, in the end, she didn't dare to call him.

"Why do I have this feeling? Are you alright?.." She whispered.

Just then, her stomach growled and she realized that she haven't eaten any.
She sighed then chuckled. "Yuri is hungry" Yuri thought.

Simply, she go to the school cafeteria and ordered some food.
Suddenly, while she is choosing food, she remembered something.

(Flashback)
"I want veggies" Yuri said.

"Yah, try to eat meat every lunch" Dongahe said.

"But I want to stay fit" Yuri whined.

"Nope, nope, nope.. You must eat meat" Dongahe insisted.

"So I'd rather eat hamburger" Yuri stuck out her tongue "There are veggies and meat" After that Yuri left Donghae.

"But I want you to eat rice this time" Donghae said.
(End of Flashback)

"Uhmmm.. excuse me, are you done?" A student asked.

"Oh, yeah" Yuri said as she just get chocolate shake and sandwich.

Sitting alone in one table, she just played her food as she use her straw in stirring the shake.
She just stares blankly at her sandwich and do nothing but to sigh.

"Hi Yuri"

Yuri looked up and saw Hongki smiling on her "Oh Annyeong" Yuri greeted weakly.

"Why are you all alone in that corner, come with us, SeoHyun is also there" Hongki said as he get Yuri's tray and pulled her into their table.

"Hi Yuri!" SeoHyun and MinHwan said.

"Annyeong ha-" Yuri paused as she saw JaeJin sitting beside MinHwan. "JaeJin?"

"Uhmmmm..yeah..Hi Yuri" JaeJin said.

"Why are you here? You are supposed to be having a rest inside your house and h-"

"It's boring there" JaeJin cut her off. "and besides, why do you care"

"Aigooooo, you are starting it again JaeJin" Hongki commented "So Yuri, just sit and join us okay? Don't mind this guy" Hongki said as he let Yuri sit on one vacant chair.

Yuri sat quietly while the group is laughing except JaeJin as well.
JaeJin is secretly staring at Yuri who is still playing her food.

"Aigooo" JaeJin whispered.

He quickly grabbed Yuri's sandwich and shake, and pulled her going outside of the cafeteria.
MinHwan and SeoHyun were shocked but then they chuckled.

"What's wrong?" SeoHyun asked. "I don't know" Hongki said.

"Just let them be together" MinHwan winked at them.
.
.
.

"Yah, let go" Yuri said.

"You are sad aren't you?" JaeJin spoke.

"Huh?" Yuri said as she let go of his hand. "What did you say?"

"You are becoming 4th dimensional these days" JaeJin commented as he sit down at the bench and sipped on Yuri's shake.
Yuri sit beside him and looked at him seriously "4th dimensional?"

"You are always alone, that's what Hongki always tell me, so I decided to come to school, because it is effin' boring there at our house because I just see my sister nagging and blabbing and duh blah blah" JaeJin said in one breathe.

With that, Yuri laughed at his explanation. JaeJin chuckled as well.

"At last you laughed" JaeJin said.

"JaeJin, you don't have to do this, at this point in time you must be having a rest and even having a check-up and y-"

"Yuri" JaeJin interrupted her "Whenever you are telling me to have a rest and have a check-up and be stucked at my room, It's as if I am a very useless person, As if I can't do anything because of this sickness" He said.

"That's not what I mean" Yuri quickly said "But that is what I feel" JaeJin said.

"When I am at the hospital you stayed with me, and you even told me that it's your depth of gratitude" JaeJin spoke "And now I just want to enjoy my life"

"And besides I'll also die soon, so why don't I just live my life to the fullest" He said "Stay with those who are important to me and be happy until I still have time"

"Don't say that" Yuri pouted as she slapped his shoulders "You'll not die okay?" Yuri insisted.

"Don't be sad" JaeJin looked at her "Because your bodyguard will also be sad"

"Who says you are my bodyguard?" Yuri chuckled

"Hyung" JaeJin said "Hyung, Donghae Hyung told me remember?" He added.

"He said, if he is not here I'll be the one to protect you and stay with you" He continued.

Hearing Donghae's name, Yuri's face fell down once more.
JaeJin sighed as he saw her reaction.

"Why don't you call him?" JaeJin suggested "A video call" he said.

"But he is busy" Yuri said

"How could he be busy? When it comes to you the word busy is not on his dictionary, and if he will be busy, he is just busy with you" JaeJin said.

"But what is happening now is different" Yuri said "It's been a long time, It's only once in a blue moon if he'll call me, and what he always tell me is that he is busy and whenever we start a conversation it's really awkward"

"I mean it's just a 'hi' 'hello' 'how are you' 'I miss you' and I don't know why" Yuri sighed.

"It's as if he is there" She said as she point out the sky "And I am only here" She continued as she point the grass.

"Donghae loves you, always remember that" JaeJin said slowly "Trust him"

Yuri smiled halfheartedly on him and grabbed her sandwich back. "I almost forgot my food" She chuckled.

"But I still have class so yeah maybe I'll just call him later because I have to go" Yuri said as she stood up.

"Thanks and Take Care, see you at the Film class" Yuri added as she left.

------------------------------------------------

As soon as her classes for the day were all over, she quickly get her phone and dialed Donghae's number.
At first she hesitated, but as she thought of what JaeJin have told her, she continued.

"Dongaheshii please answer the phone" Yuri whispered.

The line was busy and Yuri dialed his number again.

"Donghae I just want to ask if y-"
"Yu-yu-yul-yurri?"
"Are you alright Hae?"
"Oh.. hi Yul..rii"
"Are you drunk?"
"I am sorry for not calrr-ling youu last-"
"Yah what's happening? why is it that...its noisy"

Yuri got worried because Donghae never respond to her questions.

"Yah Donghae ah where are you"

But still Donghae don't answer.

"Donghaeshii!" Yuri heard someone on the other line who called Donghae.
"Dongaheshii you'll be suspended if they knew that you are here"

"Donghae!" Yuri shouted on the line.
"Hello?" a girl said who picked up his phone.
"Where is Donghae?"
"he is tired, call him later okay?"

And then the line ended.
.
.
.
.
.

*Gee gee gee gee baby baby baby*
Jessica's ringtone was heard and she get her phone to check who is calling her.
She saw a name flashed on the screen and it was Yoona.
She chuckled and then she answered.

"Yoboseyo?"
"Jessica I hate you"
"Why what happened?"
"Someone kidnapped me"
"Bwoh!!"
"Yeah a kidnapper named Kim Kibum is here with me"
"Oh yeah, so you already saw him"
"Neh, But why did you hide this from me, Donghae and you planned with this brat?"
"Haha, neh, but at least you are happy now"
"Neh..uhmm Jess can you please call Donghae later? because I can't contact him and besides he is not in our dorm and no one knows where he is"
"Really? Okay Yoona, I'll do it"
"Jess I have to go, bye"
"Bye, Enjoy!"

Jessica sighed as she thought of the places where Donghae can be.
She also tried calling Donghae but the line was out of reach.

"Aissshhhh I still have another kid to find" Jessica whispered as she called a cab.

As she get in and ride the taxi, she looked outside the window hoping that she'll find Donghae.
She looked at her watch and saw that it's already 6:00 o'clock.

"Where did that fishy go?" She thought. "It's getting late"

Until luckily she saw Donghae entered a small bar.
Jessica was surprised seeing him entering that place.

"Omo" Jessica whispered "What is he doing there?" She thought.

"Uhmmm, Please stop by here" Jessica said to the driver and paid him. "Thank You" She said as she go outside.

She didn't go directly on the bar but instead she stayed first at the restaurant next to the bar and ordered some juice.
At first she hesitates to go inside, but she is worried that if their proctors or even teachers found out that he is there, he might be suspended.
After several minutes of thinking and after finishing the juice, she looked at her watch and noticed that half an hour had passed.

"Aigoo" she said as she decided to go inside the bar.

So she stood up straight as the guard asked her "Miss you are not allowed t-"

"I am 19, I can get inside, and besides my friend is there" Jessica said and the guard let her in.

She looked for Donghae inside and finally she saw her having 5 knockout bottles of a very strong beer.
She gasped and shouted "Donghaeshii!"

"Dongaheshii you'll be suspended if they knew that you are here" Jessica said as she tried to wake up Donghae.

"Donghae!" Jessica heard someone who is still on the line at Donghae's phone.
She quickly picked it up and answered
"Hello?"
"Where is Donghae?"
"he is tired, call him later okay?"
And then she hang up.

"Donghaeshii" Jessica said as she shrugged his shoulders.

"Aisshhhh why are you doing this to yourself!" Jessica shouted but still Donghae is still drunk.

"Nah...." She said as she helped Donghae get up and left the bar.

As soon as they are outside, Jessica called for a cab again and waited until they reach their dorm.
Jessica was tired as she brought up Donghae to his room.
She sighed looking pity on him.

---------------------

Having fun all day, Yoona really felt happy.
And so Kibum right? He planned for this and he is really happy that at last they are not just bestfriends but more than that.
He loves her so much and he'll not let her go.

"Thanks Kibum" Yoona smiled. "Thanks for everything"

"Anything for my angel" Kibum said.

Just then Yoona's phone received a message from Jessica.

-Donghae is drunk, please go back home soon okay? ^_^ Jess-

"Kibum, Donghae is drunk" Yoona sighed.

"Let's go home then" Kibum said.

"Aishh you are not allowed to go to our dorm" Yoona explained

"Well then, I'll walk you home" Kibum said as he hold her hands tight and together they walked along the street.

.
.
.

"Yull..rii" Donghae murmured.

"Yuuuu..rii" he said once more.

Jessica sighed.
Jessica prepared for a basin with water and a towel.
She sit down beside him.
But she was surprised when Donghae pulled her and brushed his lips unto hers.
Jessica quickly pushed him hard and slapped his face.

"D-d-d-ongh-hae" Her voice was shaking and she looks so nervous.

"Yuri" Donghae whispered once more as he cornered Jessica on the couch and kissed her again.
Jessica couldn't take it that she kicked him hard and pushed him away.
That's when Donghae lose his conscience again.

"Jessica" Yoona whispered.

Yoona saw it all and she gasped. "Are you alright?" Yoona asked Jessica, but Jessica just wiped her tears and go inside the washroom.
.
.
.
.

Because of what had happened, Jessica separated herself from Donghae.
Jessica locked herself on her room.
Donghae is there sitting at the stairs while Yoona is there beside Donghae and now she is comforting him.
He is crying.

"Why did you do that?" Yoona asked him.

"I am sorry I don't know what I am doing" Donghae said.

"Look at her, she was really shocked" Yoona said

"I don't know if Yuri can forgive me"

"Huh?"

"Yoona I don't know what I will do"

"What are you saying?"

"I miss her that's why" Donghae said "Yeah I am crazy"

"Aisshhh you are drunk, go to your room and have a rest" Yoona suggested.

Donghae stood up and quickly go inside his room.
While Yoona sighed knowing that she still needs to talk to Jessica.

"Okay, next shift, it's Jessica's turn" Yoona sighed.

----------------------

THE NEXT DAY, Yuri still can't sleep of what had happened. She's always bothered and worried about Donghae especially when she called him yesterday.

"Donghae do you know how much I am worried?" Yuri thought then she heaved out a sigh.

-Donghae What's the problem? Please call me, I'll be waiting-
Yuri sent a text message.

Just then her heart jumped when she saw the name flashed on the screen- it is Donghae.
She took a deep breathe as she answered the phone.

"Donghae"
"............"
"Donghae?"
"..............."
"Are you still there? Why aren't you answering?"
"Yuri Mianhe"
"Huh?"
"Mianhe"
"Why are you saying this?"

(Donghae's POV)

"Donghae"

As I heard her voice, I can't deny it but I really missed her.
I want to say something but I can't utter any single word.
I don't want to hurt her.

"............"
"Donghae?"
"..............."
"Are you still there? Why aren't you answering?"
"Yuri Mianhe"
"Huh?"
"Mianhe"
"Why are you saying this?"
"I'll be staying here"
"Bwoh?"
"I will finish my studies here"
"Huh?"
"I will not go back to Korea after 3 months"
"Please say it clearly I can't understand"
"I'll stay here in Japan"
"What?"
"................."
"Look, how about JaeJin? How about us? How about me? What are you saying? You told me that you'll come back after 3 months Look I still don't get you huh, I hate pranks Donghae I hate pranks"

I can hear the sadness in her voice. It's breaking me apart.
But I have to be calm. I need to be strong.

"But how about Yoona? Jessica?"
"They'll be going back without me"
"But Why!"
"Yuri I am sorry, we need to b.."
"Need to what?"
"I think this will be over"
"Over?"
"................"
"Wait.. are you breaking up with me?"
"..................."
"W-w-w-h-h-hy?"
"I am just tired"
"Tired of what? Me? Tired of me?"
"No.. Tired of everything"
"How dare you..how d-d-dare you Dong...hae"

I can say that she is crying. But I have to hold back my tears.
I can't stand hearing her crying because I can also feel it.
It hurts me twice than she feels.

"What happened? Do you find someone new? Are you really tired of me?"
"No no Yuri I-"
"No You are tired of me"
"Chosonghae.."
"Is this what you really want?"
"Mianhaeyo"
"How could you do this to me"
"I didn't mean to h-"
"You promised me and I trusted you! What happened to us Donghae? What happened!!"
"..........."
"What are those promises for? Huh? You lied to me! I TRIED TO MAKE THIS RELATIONSHIP WORK! But you are the one who is not working for it and then we'll just end up like this?"
"Mianh-"
"Was that because of the girl before? A girl?"

She said those words between her sobs. It's hurting me.

"How could you do this to me, How could we end up like this, Just tell me"
"But-"
"I thought you love me"
"Yuri ..JaeJin needs you more, he needs you more"

And then I hang up the phone.
I can't help but cry. Why am I feeling this pain?
I planned for this right? But why is this happening to me?
I didn't mean to hurt her, or to hurt ourselves, but if this will be a way, a way that she'll be closer to him, I'll do everything just to save his life.

The doctors said that as soon as possible he must undergo into an operation, but JaeJin doesn't like.
And if he'll just die, I don't want him to suffer, I want him to be happy, I want him to live more.

Yuri Please forgive me,,, but I have to do this
I am sorry
-------------------------

"What are those promises for? Huh? You lied to me! I TRIED TO MAKE THIS RELATIONSHIP WORK! But you are the one who is not working for it and then we'll just end up like this?"

JaeJin was surprised seeing Yuri crying in one corner.
He also overheard what she is talking.

"Was that because of the girl before? A girl?"
"I thought you love me"
"How could you do this to me, How could we end up like this, Just tell me"

JaeJin took a deep breath as he tried to come to her but he was surprised when she saw Yuri dropped her phone, bent down on her knees and cried.
He quickly ran unto her and hugged her.

"Yuri" He said "What happened?"

"How could he do this to me"