Worried

To Love is The Hardest Thing To Do

 

"Ms. Jung, I just want to ask this, we heard the news that Donghae already came back here in Korea and yet he is still not continuing his studies here at the university" The principal said.
"Ma'am, have you already asked his family" Jessica asked nervously.

"Uhmm Not yet, well I am plann-"

"Good" Jessica whispered in relief knowing that his family mustn't know about his arrival in Korea.

"What are you saying Ms. Jessica?"

"Oh nothing, nothing... uhmmmm.. so, actually Donghae and I had talked already"

"And then?"

"He wants me to give you this" Jessica gave the letter that Donghae prepared.

After the principal read about the letter, the principal sighed.

"Is Mr. Lee Donghae sure about this?" she asked.

"Yes Ma'am" Jessica answered.

"He needs his release papers right away.. why so fast? I mean, he just became an exchange student for almost 3 months and yet he'll transfer school?"

"Ma'am, he'll be changing his course, he will take up Business Management for his Dad's Company, since he wanted to help his sister and Kim JaeJoong, remember?" Jessica explained.

"But why are you saying this to me? Donghae must explain things to me right?" Ms. Principal said.

Jessica didn't answer.

Someone knocked at the door. "Come in"

Jessica was surprised seeing Hongki at the door.

"Ma'am, Professor told me that you want to talk to me" Hongki said and then he turned his look to Jessica.

"So what are we going to talk about?" Hongki asked.

"It's about the release papers for Mr. Lee Donghae" The principal said.

"But principal, Donghae said this will be private f-"

"Yes, this is private, so I will just ask his cousin about his condition, probably it must be Lee JaeJin who must be here and not you right?"

Jessica turned her head down as she looked so nervous.

"About Donghae?" Hongki asked them.

"Well Ms. Jessica gave me this letter, this is from Donghae"

Hongki read the letter and his eyes widened a bit.

"So Mr. Lee, how is Donghae, and why is he leaving this school?"

Hongki looked at Jessica for a bit and thought of some excues. He answered "Well I guess Jessica already told you that my cousin is planning to take up Business Management course for our company"

"Oh, so I have nothing to ask, I will release his papers for him to transfer school here in Korea as soon as I can.

"Here in Korea?" Hongki said. "Neh, he is now back in Korea right?" the principal said.

It's another shot for Jessica. Hongki already knew about Donghae transferring a school and about his arrival in Korea.
Nobody must know about this but this twist of script happened and Jessica doesn't know how to explain things to Hongki and to Donghae.

Feeling nervous, Jessica sighed.

"Oh, I thought, Donghae will continue his studies in Japan, well maybe he changed his mind so he still wants here" Hongki said.

"Okay, you may go now, and the two of you can go to your respective classes" The principal said.

The two of them bowed their heads and Jessica quickly get out of the room.
Feeling curious, Hongki followed her and called Jessica.

"Jessica"

Jessica froze as Hongki called her.

First of all she doesn't know what to say.
And of course she doesn't know how will she tell Donghae that Hongki already knew about their secret because of the principal.

"So he is now back" Hongki said "And we don't know about it"

"Look, your cousin asked me to keep his arrival here in Korea as a secret, Only the two of us and JaeJoong knew about this" Jessica said as she faced Hongki.

"Why did you hide it?" Hongki asked.

"It's a long story" Jessica said "But please, don't tell it to anyone, to your family, to your cousins, to our friends, to JaeJin and most especially to Yuri"

"But why?" Hongki asked.

"I think when there is a time that you and Donghae will see each other here in Korea, he can explain it to you" Jessica sighed

"Is it because of Yuri and JaeJin?" Hongki asked "He doesn't want to show himself to us because of them, am I right?"

Jessica nodded and sighed.

"Hongki I hope this secret will just be between you and me" Jessica said "I will not tell Donghae about this so please keep this as a secret"

"Sure" Hongki said "I know Donghae has plans, I can't do anything about it"

"Thank you Hongki, I trust you" Jessica said in relief.

"That is why I helped you explaining to our principal, I just thought of some excuses and eventually I am right, I made a right guess" Hongki said "Don't worry ,, it's a secret, for my cousin"

"Thank you so much"

---------------------------------
(Flashback)

"I want you to be happy" he whispered.

"What do you mean?" Yuri asked.

"I think it is worth waiting for him" JaeJin said

"JaeJin I don't understand,,,I-"

JaeJin pulled her for a hug and kissed her forehead. And then he said "I am always here for you, I'll support you all the way"

"Just promise me, don't cry anymore" JaeJin said as he pulled the hug.

"Thank you JaeJin" Yuri hugged him
"And I am sorry"

"I understand.. arasso?" JaeJin said as he hugged her again.

(End of Flashback)

"Yuri"

Yuri snapped at her thoughts as she looked back and saw JaeJin smiling at her.
Her lips curled as she tries to be happy in front of him.

"How are you?" JaeJin asked who looks so happy.

Yuri looked at him from top to toe. "Jae"

"Why are you wearing that?" Yuri asked as she touched his clothes. He is wearing Soccer jerseys.

"We will be playing soccer" JaeJin said happily.

"But JaeJin you are not allowed to be tired or to b-"

"But this is what I want" JaeJin cut her off

"For 19 years of my life, I am trying to be a normal JaeJin, I always do what I want, so no one can stop me" He added.

"But this is not good for you" Yuri said with a worried reaction.

"Yuri I have dreams, I want to do what I want and live what I want" JaeJin said with an assured smile.

"Are you sure you'll be okay?" Yuri asked.

"You are my nurse right?" JaeJin said playfully as he stuck out his tongue. "Whatever happens you will be there, right?"

"No" Yuri said a she stopped him "No JaeJin, If Ayumi Unnie know about this, she can scold you in any minute"

"Okay, scold me" JaeJin said playfully.

"JaeJin, Please" Yuri pleaded "I am...I am begging you, Please, Please don't play soccer, for me"

"Aigoo, you must be telling me that 'JaeJin win the game for me' Right?" JaeJin said as he combed her hair with his hands.

"I'll be okay, I'll play at the second half, I'll do my best, so support me" JaeJin said.

"Do you want to kill yourself? I already told you that this will not be good for you and I-"

"Thank you Yuri for your concern" JaeJin cut her off as he pulled her for a hug "No one can stop me, this is what I want, I'll just do my best"

Yuri frowned as he broke the hug. "Aigoo, smile for me Yul" JaeJin said as he smiled.

Yuri just nod as she smiled halfheartedly.
She just stared at him as she felt so worried about him

|Yuri|

He became a substitute of one player that was injured and he started playing on the second half.

Sitting here, as I watch him walk there at the field, I got nervous.
Not just because I am concerned with him, but also because I can't take it if something bad will happen to him.
Maybe because I lost Donghae, Donghae isn't here, and if I will lose JaeJin, I don't know what to do.
JaeJin is all I have for now, I want to treasure our relationship as friends.
I don't want something bad will happen to him, his life is important to me, to his friends and his family.

"Goal!" Hongki shouted as he cheered for his cousin.

As I watch him play soccer my heart can't help but to throb so fast.
JaeJin fell down as he kicked the ball away from the opponent.

"JaeJin!" I shouted.

He heard me and as he stood up, he smiled at me giving me a sign that he is okay.
I can see him enjoying the game.

Last 2 minutes..
I quickly gave him his towel and some drinks. I was able to go to their place since only few were watching.

"Thank You" JaeJin smiled.

"Do you need your medicine?" I asked.

"No, I don't need it" He told me. "Are you sure?"
He smiled and said "It's last 1 minute, I can bear with it"

|endofpov|

It's almost the end of the second half and this is the most thrilling part of the game, it's the last minute.
As the players keep on kicking the ball, Yuri closed her eyes and prayed hoping that JaeJin's group will win.
For now it is a tie, and JaeJin only needs few points to win the game.

"Yuri look!!" Hongki said as he pointed JaeJin.

JaeJin hit the goal.
Everybody cheered and JaeJin smiled as he catch his breath.
Hongki looked so happy and amazed with JaeJin same way with Yuri.

"Whooo!!! JaeJin jjaang!!" Yuri shouted.

Just then Hongki stood up and said "Wait look at him"

Yuri looked at JaeJin from a far and she panicked "He's panting heavily"

"How many times I've told him not to play soccer and h-"

"JaeJin!" Yuri shouted as she saw him collapsed and the other members ran unto him.

---------------------------------------------------------

Jessica sit down and watched the soccer game as well.
She saw Yuri and Hongki watching JaeJin to play soccer.

"I thought JaeJin mustn't play any ball games that can make him tired?" Jessica thought. "Even Soccer" she added to her thoughts

Suddenly, Donghae called her through the phone.

"Yoboseyo"
"Sica, How are you?"
"I'm fine, How about you, how is the interview at your new school?"
"Waiting for results.. Oh well so where are you now?"
"Neh, I am watching a soccer game"
"Really? where is that, I'd like to come"
"No you can't, I am here at school, plus Yuri and Hongki is here watching JaeJin"
"What?! He'll be tired, it's not good for him"
"What will I do Donghae?"

Jessica looked at JaeJin who's unconcious and she saw Yuri and Hongki panicking.

"Oh God, Donghae, JaeJin fell unconscious"
"What?!"
"Donghae, I'll just follow them"
"Wait, I'll go there with you, what is his condition now?"
"Relax, okay, I'll just call you and tell you anything, I thought you want to avoid Yuri? Isn't it a bad idea to go there to the fact that Yuri is there with your brother?"
"But I-"
"Don't worry, I will report to you about everything, okay?"
"Okay"
"Bye Donghae, I'll follow them now"
"Thank You Jessica"
"Bye"
---------------------------------------------------------

Jessica followed Yuri and Hongki as they go to the hospital.

"Yuri, Hongki" Jessica said.

Yuri and Hongki looked back and saw Jessica. "Sica" Yuri said and Jessica hugged her for a second.

"How did you know that we are here?" Hongki asked.

"I am also watching the game" Jessica answered.

Suddenly, the doctor went out of JaeJin's room and asked "Who are the relatives of Lee JaeJin?"

"Neh, Neh" Hongki raised his hand.

Hongki talked with the doctor while Yuri stared at the window outside JaeJin's room.
She felt so worried yet so sad looking at JaeJin with an oxygen mask on his face.
---------------------------------------------------------

It's been 3 days and Jaejin still didn't woke up.
Yuri sighed as she felt sad yet worried.
Thank God it is Saturday and she doesn't need to be absent for class.

"Hey" Hongki said as he waved his hand.

"How is he?" Yuri asked.

"Aisshhhh, don't be too much worried, he can survive" Hongki said with an assured smile.

"Anyways, I'll just buy something, can you stay for a while?" Hongki asked and she nodded.

As soon as Hongki left, Yuri sit down beside JaeJin's bed. She stared at his pale lips under the oxygen mask on his face.
His eyes were still closed to the fact that he is still unconscious.

"Hey you idiot, how many times I've told you that...that stupid game is not good for you? Look at you now, you look so pale and you even nearly die there, Do you really want to end your life? Do you want me to have a heart attack the same as yours?" Yuri said looking at JaeJin.

"I can't take it if you'll also leave me" Yuri sighed getting teary eyed "Wake up please"

As Yuri wiped her tears, JaeJin opened his eyes and smiled.

"JaeJin?" Yuri's eyes widened.

JaeJin took off his oxygen mask and said "I will not die missy"

"You heard me?" Yuri asked.

"Hey you idiot, how many time I've told you that...that stupid game is not good for you? Look at you now, you look so pale and you even nearly die there, Do you really want to end your life? Do you want me to have a heart attack the same as yours?" JaeJin mimicked Yuri.

"Yah are you acting sick or what!" Yuri shouted.

"Of course I am sick" JaeJin said "I am so tired"

"Pabo" Yuri said as she wiped the tears that is starting to dwell on her eyes again "You made me worried"

"I will not die and I will not leave you" JaeJin said

"Pabo" Yuri sighed as she bowed her face.

"Yah, why are you so worried?" JaeJin asked "Maybe because you like me already" JaeJin joked as he laughed.

"Nope" Yuri stuck out her tongue. "Why would I like an idiot like you?"

"Then why are you still crying?" JaeJin asked.

"I am just happy that you are now safe, I thought you will die"

"Why? You want me to die?"

"No, No of course"

"I am so sorry if I made you worried so much" JaeJin apologized " I didn't thought that you will care for me like that way"

"Of course I care for you" Yuri said "That's why I told you not to play soccer, but you are so damn idiot insisting that you'll be fine, but look at you now, you are just like a plain weakling" Yuri said.

"But this weakling made the team won" JaeJin said.

Yuri chuckled.

JaeJin hold her hands and said "I love you, that's why I'll never leave you"

"JaeJin I l-"

"I don't ask you to love me back, I am so happy and contented with the care that you are showing me" JaeJin smiled.

"JaeJin, People will not find it hard to love you" Yuri said "If I am just ready, I will, I could"

"All you need to do is be here for me, All I need to do is be there for you, that's all I want"

"Thank you" Yuri said as she started crying again.

"Oh why again?" JaeJin asked.

"Thank you for not leaving me" Yuri said "Because you are the only one I have" She said as she hugged him.

JaeJin sighed as he hugged her back.
.
.
.

"Yuri can you buy me a book?" JaeJin asked.

"Why?" Yuri asked.

"I want to read" He said.

"If you want, I'll join her, I'll be buying a book as well" Hongki said.

Suddenly, Yoona and Kibum came with their hands intertwined.
"Aiggoo" Yoona and Kibum chorused.

"What did you do to yourself?" Yoona asked.

"Oh well" JaeJin sighed as he scratched his head.

"Yoona, Kibum, please stay, Hongki and I will just go to the bookstore"

"Sure" Kibum said.
.
.
.
Yuri and Hongki headed the bookstore as she looked for the book that JaeJin requested.

"Uhmmm where is it?" Yuri whispered as she looked for the book.

While searching at the bookshelf, there is a small hole formed by the two books where in a split second she saw someone familiar.
She rubbed her eyes and looked again and realized that it was the back of Donghae.
She moved closer and as the boy moved on his right, in a side view, she saw that it is Donghae.

"No..this couldn't be" Yuri whispered.

"Are you saying something?" Hongki asked.

"No, nothing" Yuri said as she sighed "Yuri, you only thought it is him" she thought.

She tried to turn the attention to the book and headed the counter with Hongki, but she can't help but to look on the man that just left the bookstore.

Now she is so sure that it is Donghae.

"Hongki, I'll just leave for a while" Yuri said as she handed the money to Hongki and left the bookstore

"Wait for me Yul!" Hongki shouted but Yuri already left.
.
.
Yuri followed him.
And now she is so sure that it is really Donghae.

How could she forget him? Even he is away from a very long time, she is so sure that it is him.
The Donghae that she loved.

"Donghae!!!!!!" Yuri shouted with all of her heart.

This made the boy stop from walking.

"Yuri" He whispered.

Yes, it is Donghae, and he didn't expect Yuri to be there, following him.
He just continued walking afterwards.

"Wait for me!"

Yuri shouted so loud that made him stop again.
She is not crying but tears dwell up on her eyes.
No she won't cry, she promised herself not to cry... but she failed.

"Why did you hide this from me..."

"You came..but.." Yuri sobbed but then she managed to talk even if she is having hiccups.

"Y-you.. came.." She smiled in tears

"Do you know how much I prayed for you to come back? Do you know how much I hoped and wait for you?"

"I didn't ask you to wait or hope" Donghae said looking on the floor

"I know" Yuri said "No matter how I try.. It did" Yuri added.

"Sorry but I have to go" Donghae said as his back faced Yuri.

"Donghae...." Yuri called but Donghae didn't stop from walking.

"Are you doing this because of JaeJin!" Yuri shouted that made Donghae stop from walking.

As soon as Donghae stopped, Yuri moved closer.

"What do you mean?" Donghae said, still his back facing her.

"You told me on the day when we broke up, that JaeJin needs me" Yuri said.

"And since that day, my mind was filled with questions, I don't know why you told me about it" She added

"But when I found out what was JaeJin's feelings for me, I think all things are clear to me"

"You are only doing this just for me to turn my attention to JaeJin" Yuri said.

Donghae didn't say a word and when he started to move away, Yuri hold her arms and said "Am I right?"

"Sorry" Donghae said as he put off her hands and walked away.

Yuri stayed still and her eyes just followed Donghae leave.
She cried as she realized that Donghae just left her.
After months of waiting and hoping for him, she wanted to give him up.
But the fact that she still love him, she can't let go.
And now that she saw with her two eyes that Donghae just left her, it is as if she stopped carrying the torch for Donghae.

"You saw him" Hongki said "You saw Donghae"

Yuri looked back and hugged Hongki.

"Don't cry" Hongki looked so pity on her as he rubbed her back to comfort her.
.
.
Donghae left with tears in his eyes
He can't help but be hurt whenever he saw Yuri cried.

"I know you can't forgive me" Donghae thought.

"I still love you... maybe we aren't meant for this time, but if fate will be good to us, we can be together again"

"For now, he needs you, and all I want is for you to be happy and for JaeJin to be happy" Donghae added to his thoughts.
---------------------

PREVIEW:

|Yuri|

It's been a few months, I can feel the cold season coming.
My auntie and my mom is already preparing winter clothes for me.
My dad is even making Christmas lists with mom.
It's Cold, It's Winter. Christmas season is coming.

Will I have a cold Christmas?
Obviously.

Not just to the fact that it's winter so it is probably cold.
But my heart also feels cold.

Can someone make my Christmas wish come true?

-----------------------------------------