Even more Complicated

To Love is The Hardest Thing To Do

 

"Yoona..." Kibum said as he sighed. "I have to go, 2 weeks and a half was already over"
They are now at the airport. Kibum is now ready to go back to Korea.
Yoona hugged Kibum as Jessica just stared at them, and There, stood Donghae having his own thoughts.

"Bro" Kibum said as he gave Donghae a one-hand hug. "Are you alright?" He whispered, but Donghae just smirked pretending he is okay.

"I'll miss you again for another month" Kibum said "Bye!"

"Bye!" The two girls shouted while Donghae stared blankly at them.

Yoona noticed Donghae and asked "Are you okay?"

"Neh" He answered as he faked smile.

"I think we should go home now, we have classes tomorrow" Jessica commented.

As they walk going outside, Jessica looked secretly at him.
She looks pity on him.

"I don't want to tell it to Yoona.. she'll be mad at me, I don't know how to say it to Kibum or to JaeJoong,You are the only one whom I know can trust at this point,, and...I know this will be hard, but I have a favor..."
Jessica sighed as she remembered what Donghae have told her.

"It's hard being in between" She thought as she looked on both Yoona and Donghae.

------------------------------------------

Yuri smiles.Yuri laughs.
He doesn't know why, but JaeJin was surprised with Yuri's attitude in these days.
A day after the break up, He saw the same Yuri - The Yuri who smiles and talks a lot.

Actually he is worried. Yuri is there pretending to be okay, although she isn't.
No one in their group of friends knows about the break up,
Their friends never know that she isn't okay. It's only him.
They can say Yuri is happy but for him it is not, he can see it through her eyes, he can feel it, he knows how much she had been hurt, he knows how hard it is for her acting to be okay and fine to others.
But he is somewhat amazed, feeling all the pain, she can still manage to be strong and happy. Happy outside, but not inside.

"Here" JaeJin said as he gave her a chocolate shake "I hope this makes you feel better"

"Thank You" Yuri smiled- but JaeJin knows she just smiled halfheartedly.

"How was it being a drama queen?" JaeJin chukled.

"What?" Yuri chuckled too.

"I thought Yoona is our drama princess" He said "But you must be the drama queen and not the dancing ballerina"

"A Black Pearl maybe" Yuri said and then she sighed.

"It must have been hard" JaeJin said "It's hard acting happy although you are not"

"I am happy" Yuri said "No you are not" JaeJin answered.

"Am I happy?" Yuri asked as she faced him with the tears that dwell up her eyes "I want to forget the pain JaeJin"
Yuri cried.

JaeJin just offered his handkerchief and let her cry for a moment.

When she is now calmed down and stopped from crying, JaeJin wants to bring Yuri in a place where she can rest her mind for a while.
They sat at the bus stop and just waited for a bus.
Yuri is just looking and staring blankly at the car that passes by, and she's been quiet for a day. JaeJin sighed.
He wants to changc the atmosphere but it's really hard.

"So" JaeJin spoke just to broke the silence "Where do you want to go?"

"Home" Yuri answered.

"Anywhere besides your home" JaeJin said "I don't want you to sob all over again being so emotional as you lock your door on your room" He added.

"JaeJin I want to rest" Yuri said "Please?"

"It's 5:00 pm and I am hungry" JaeJin said "Let's go and eat something"

"I am not hungry" Yuri spoke "Rest is what I need"

"Aisshhh... Just go with me, I'll call our driver to fetch us" JaeJin said

"No" Yuri insisted as she stopped JaeJin from getting his phone. "I'll go home alone"

"It's not a good idea to let you go home alone" JaeJin insisted

"Why are you acting like this?" Yuri asked as she glared at him.

"I am your bodyguard right?" He said that made Yuri roll her eyes.

"Are you doing this because of your brother?" Yuri asked

"If you will tell me that I don't have to do this because Donghae is not your boyfriend anymore, I just want you to know that I am doing this without Donghae's permission, I am doing this because you are my friend"

"You don't have to , I have nothing to do with Donghae now.. and I need a rest , I-"

"As what I have said Lee JaeJin is here, not as your rival, not as your ex-boyfriend's dongsaeng..I am here because you are my friend"

"But I-"

"Yuri, you helped me a lot in everything, you shown me how life is going and how my life for you and for all of you is important, without you I may have given up my life because I feel useless at all... you gave me courage because I am your friend right? Not as your rival, and not because I am Hyung's brother, but because you care for me"

"I just don't want to see you sad" JaeJin sighed.

"I know how much...you are concerned with me" Yuri said as she got teary-eyed "But I need to be alone for a while" She said and then she ran away.

"Wait!!" JaeJin said as he quickly stood up. But he didn't follow her. "Maybe you need some space for yourself"

-----------------------------------

Days after...

Kibum already go back to school with a smile on his face.
His friends including JaeJin, Hongki and Yuri was so happy that he came back.

"Welcome back" Hongki said as he gave him a hug.

"Thanks" Kibum smiled.

"So what is the good news???" JaeJin asked.

"Good news?" Kibum asked "Yeah,, about you and Yoona?"

"Ahh..uhmmm" Kibum whispered and smiled to himself.

"Oh,, he smiles" JaeJin smirked "He smiles" Hongki smiled bigger.

"We'll take that as a yes" JaeJin and Hongki chorused and Kibum chuckled. "Pabo" Kibum spoke.

"Well, I am so happy for you!" Yuri cheered.

Hongki faced Yuri and asked "Aren't you going to ask Kibum about Donghae?"

Yuri glanced at JaeJin and JaeJin also looked at her.
She took a deep breath and said "Oh, yeah uhmm h-"

"JaeJin! HongKi come here!!" HeeChul shouted from the Biology room.

JaeJin and Hongki quickly go inside the Biology room leaving Yuri and Kibum behind.
Kibum smiled and asked "How are you Yul?"

"Oh,,, I am fine... as always" Yuri faked smile.

"Anyways what are you going to ask?" Kibum asked.

"N-n-nothing" Yuri said.

"Aisshhhh, I missed you as well, so I think let us have lunch together, I am hungry" Kibum smiled. "Let's go? It's my treat"

"Sure" Yuri said as she smiled.
.
.
.
.

"How are you?" Kibum asked as he sipped his juice.

"You've been asking that since a while ago" Yuri commented.

"Oh yeah.." Kibum chuckled.

"Anyways, Donghae is doing great there" Kibum said " He joined Biology and Dance Club.. cool right?"

"Hmmm nehh" Yuri whispered and took a deep breathe to hold herself from crying.

"But he is always sad when he is alone, sometimes he drinks alcohol but in school, he always smile like a clown fish" Kibum chuckled.

"I think he misses you a lot, he always stares at your picture in his phone, and h-"

"Kibum why are you saying this" Yuri cut him off with her eyes getting teary.

"Why is there anything wrong? I though you want to know about Donghae and I-"

"So you didn't know?" Yuri asked "That the man you are talking about.... he... Kibum..." She stammered as she cried.

"He just broke up with me, and now I still don't get why you are saying those things to me" Yuri cried.

"What? What did you say? Donghae d-"

"So all of you doesn't know about it, He don't even care what I am feeling right now, he is there happy with his new friends while I am here crying for him everyday"

Kibum looked surprised yet sad for Yuri as she cried.
He never knew about it and he is so upset with the news.

"So that is the reason why he is always drunk like crazy" Kibum thought.

"I am sorry" Yuri wiped her tears "I still have class after this, so I'll leave you now, thanks for the treat" Yuri said as she left him at the cafeteria.

-------------------------------------------------

Yoona looked so upset.
After receiving Kibum's message, she quickly dialed Yuri's number but she isn't answering.
She already know about the break up and she is so angry about it.
She is guilty for not being beside her bestfriend when she is hurt, and yet so upset with what Donghae have done.

She looked for Donghae anywhere.
After searching for the whole campus, she just found him at the garden sitting under the tree.

"How could you do this to Yuri?" Yoona shouted with full of anger.

Donghae sighed and looked the other way "Tell me!!" Yoona asked.

"I don't know what to do" Donghae replied calmly.

"Are you out of your mind?"

"Yes, I, Lee Donghae is crazy thinking of Kwon Yuri... thinking of Yuri makes me crazy, just imagining how hard it is for her kills me, and I can also feel her pain"

"But why did you broke up with her?"

"Because.." Donghae paused "Because....I"

"I have to" He said.

"Are you a jerk Lee Donghae? Of all the people I've known... I never thought you could do this to her" Yoona said.

"I have to do this to save his life!" Donghae shouted.

"Bwoh?"

"The doctors said it's not 100% sure that he can survive, or if his heart will work after the transplant, I don't want him to suffer, It will be just a miracle if he'll be saved from this life over death situation" He explained as he cried.

"So you know it..." Yoona whispered. "But"

"And I know, Yuri is the only one who can convince him, and the one who'll make him happy" He added.

Just then Jessica came and is now in between of them.

"Are you insane?" Jessica said as she joined the discussion. "You are just giving her up like this?"

"JaeJin sacrificed a lot for us, for the two of us, and now it is about time for him to be happy" Donghae said

"Do you think Yuri can be happy with him?" Jessica asked once more.

"Maybe right now she is not used to it, but one day she will forget about me" Donghae said as he left.

-------------------------------------------------

Film class is their last subject.
JaeJin looked at Yuri and said
"I'll walk you home"

"Thank You" Yuri smiled

"But I'll buy something first" JaeJin said

"Yuri, wait for me okay?" JaeJin smiled and then she went outside the classroom.
Yuri is alone in the room together with their bags.
When she was about to get her bag, she accidentally moved JaeJin's chair that made his bag fall down.

"Aisshhh" Yuri whispered as she saw JaeJin's belongings on the floor.

She quickly picked up his things and placed it back inside.
But something caught her eye, it was a picture - their picture.

She looked at it and remembered that it was their picture at the amusement park.
There is a note at the back and she read it -First Picture with Kwon Yuri as friends-
She chuckled as she looked at the picture.

And then the last thing that caught her attention is the notebook on the floor.
She opened it and noticed it was JaeJin's sketch notebook.

She flipped one page and saw a sketch of Kibum and him.
"Whew.. he is a nice artist" she smiled.
And when she flipped another, she saw her ownself - a sketch drawing of JaeJin.

"He draw me?" She thought

And then she flipped another one, and saw some drawings of her. "Wait..couldn't it.. be"

Until a surge of flooded memories came back.

|Flashback|

"I saw it, it was a girl, who is she?" She asked.

"She is someone important"

"Someone important?" "Or the girl you like"

"I don't like her"

"More than like, crush and infatuation?"

"Maybe"

"C'mmon tell me!" Yuri said as she looks so excited.

"Why do you care so much?"

"Because It will be the first time that you will tell such kind of things" Yuri smiled.

"Are you in-love now? Tell me" Yuri added.

Yuri moved closer to him her face inches apart from his cheeks.
"Yah" JaeJin pushed her slightly upon realizing that Yuri is so close to him.

"Aisshhh, you are so t-"

"Whatever" JaeJin interrpted her.

"Yah, it's just you and me, no secrets will come out of my mouth once you tell it to me" Yuri said as her left hand is raised.

"Liar" JaeJin said.

"Yah!" Yuri shouted.

"Nobody uses a left hand for a promise it should be right hand"

"Owww.. fine then"
Yuri bring down her left hand and raised her right hand.

"Promise" Yuri said. "Now tell me"

"I liked this girl but she already loved someone, that's why I've been hiding my feelings so I can't ruin relationships.. that's all? It's just a puppy love" JaeJin said.

"Who is that girl? She should know it right now" Yuri said.

"Nope, she doesn't need to, and besides she is now happy with his boyfriend" JaeJin said "The thing is, I can never have any girlfriend" he laughed.

"Why? With your looks and charms? This is the first time I will say this, but you are also handsome just like your brother"

"I can never have any girlfriend because I never wished one.. and I never want one if it is not her" JaeJin said.

"Why are you saying this? Aisshhh" Yuri pouted.

"Because I can only love one person, because I only have one heart" JaeJin said.

"And in my case, even how my heart is suffering, she is the reason why it is still beating"

|End|

"But......" Yuri whispered.

She read some of JaeJin's notes.

-Staying in this quiet room, I thought I could easily forget you, but I was wrong, I am so crazy, why would I like her? I don't know.. but It will just makes things complicated, now that she loves someone else.. and that someone is also important in my life-

-Sometimes I think that its better to be gone in this world, for you to be happy with him.. what can I do? both of you are important to me, and if sacrificing is enough for your happiness, I will-

-I missed you so much, but all I need to do is to watch you from a far... even if I wanted to be closer to you, all I need to do is look at this picture-
-Staying in this quiet room, I thought I could easily forget you, but I was wrong, I am so crazy, why would I like her? I don't know.. but It will just makes things complicated, now that she loves someone else.. and that someone is also important in my life-

-Sometimes I think that its better to be gone in this world, for you to be happy with him.. what can I do? both of you are important to me, and if sacrificing is enough for your happiness, I will-

-I missed you so much, but all I need to do is to watch you from a far... even if I wanted to be closer to you, all I need to do is look at this picture-

Just then she remembered something that Donghae have said.

|Flashback|

"How could you do this to me, How could we end up like this, Just tell me"
"But-"
"I thought you love me"
"Yuri ..JaeJin needs you more, he needs you more"

|End|

"He...loves me,," Yuri whispered.

But then she quickly put the notebook inside his bag and placed it properly.
She just sit still in her chair as she is in deep thoughts.

"Yuri?" JaeJin said as he showed a chocolate shake in his hands.

"Oh-oh" Yuri blinked at her thoughts.

"Here it is" JaeJin gave the shake.

"Thank you" Yuri said as she get the chocolate shake

"I wonder why you always buy me a chocolate shake" Yuri asked.

"I don't know" JaeJin smiled "I just like it" He chuckled.

Yuri chuckled as well but she is still flooded by thoughts.

|Yuri|

Am I the one whom he loved for a long time?

I just saw my picture.. my portrait, a simple sketch of my picture in his sketch notebook.
So I am the one whom he's been drawing for a long time.

I just remembered how we accidentally kissed on the island, I remember all the things he sacrificed for me.
And most especially I remember all the things he had told me.. all the pain he is feeling..

I never know about his feelings for me.
All of this time, JaeJin loved me... but I loved Donghae...
God, Why are you doing this to me?
Isn't this enough? This pain I am receiving and feeling?

I am the one causing him too much pain.
I am the one whom he loved..

All I know is... until now, I love his brother..
If that is the case.. I must.. avoid him, avoid them, for me not to be hurt and for me not to hurt anyone.

I guess that is why love is a hardest thing.
It's hard to be hurt and it's hard to hurt any.

Now I don't know what to do..
|End of Flashback|
------------------------------------------------

"I still love you" Yuri said as she cried. "But you left me"

"I don't love you" Donghae said "It was all for fun, nothing more, nothing less"

"For fun?" Yuri cried.

"Forget everything about us" He said as he left her alone.

And then she felt a pair of hands that pulled her to face him. It was JaeJin.

"I can't love you"

"I know.... But let me love you, share to me your sorrow, If I got hurt, I don't care, at least in the end, I won't regret that I didn't tell what I am feeling for you, that I didn't show what I wanted to..., I don't care if you love him, just let me be with you.. as long as you are happy, I'll be contented"

"You wan't me to be happy?"

"N-neh"

"Leave"

"why.."

"Because I can't be happy with someone else and I don't want to hurt you JaeJin" Yuri quickly said.

Yuri suddenly opened her eyes and sit up from her bed.
Cold beads of water formed in her head, she looked at the clock and it is still 12:00 in the midnight.

"A dream" She whispered then she sighed. "Yuri it's a dream"

"Jaejin.....Donghae..."

"Why do I keep on dreaming about JaeJin....and Donghae... Why are things like this complicated?"
--------------------------------------------

After a few months.............

--------------------------------------------