Devastating Pain

To Love is The Hardest Thing To Do

3 years of relationship is such a long time and it was ended by just seconds of saying 'goodbye'. Perhaps having a boyfriend who is caring, loving and everything that completes your day - you can say you are so blessed. But having a boyfriend who'll be the next heir of a well-known business in Korea isn't that really great.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

|On the line..|

"Yuri"
"Yes?"
"It's me Kibum"

Yuri sighed as soon as she recognized that it was Kibum.
She already knew what they'll talk about on the phone.

"Yoona haven't taken any meal since last night, she locked the door and she's not opening it up to now"
"Yeah, I called Auntie already, she told me about that stubborn girl"
"It's already 8:00"
"Yuri, I tried to call her but she never answered, did you also try to call her?" 
"Yes,a million times, Kibum, can you please just go with me?"
"I think I can't.."
"Hey, why?"
"I'll try Yuri, don't worry"
"Okay Bum"
"Thanks Yuri"

As the line ended, she scratched her head as she felt so disappointed about Yoona. Yuri was kind of surprised how heartaches can be so painful.

"Oh my golly Yoona.. If I could just kill HIM, If I just could! If he's not Kibum's cousin and if he is not the one you love, I'll kill him" Yuri rolled her eyes then sighed.

Due to Yuri's hyperbole mind, she shrugged and said "Oh well I won't kill him, fine, but if I see him hurt Yoona again... Aissshhhh"

Yuri quickly jumped off the bed, changed her clothes and went downstairs.

Yuri's mom noticed that Yuri got dressed and she is kinda rush. After a moment, Yuri came to her and asked
"Is that a sushi mom?"

"Yes, and why are you dressed, are you going out?" Her mom asked.

"She is... you know" Yuri said while bringing out her lunch box.

"Where are you going? to Yoona?"

"Yeah" Yuri answered as she quickly get her chopsticks and put a lot of sushis in her lunch box.

"Eomma, I have to go now bye!" Yuri rushed to go out.

"Yuri you haven't eaten your dinner yet" Her mother shouted.

But then, her mother sighed and whispered "Oh that girl"

Yuri is riding her bike as go to Yoona's house as fast as she could.
As soon as she got there, she opened the gate, gave a convincing smile to Auntie Ahn , and run quickly to Yoona's room upstairs.

Auntie Ahn didn't mind her,she even thanked God that she came because she doesn't know what to do with Yoona. And besides whenever Yuri will come around, she is used to see Yuri just opening the door, giving a look seemed like "Hi Auntie" and then go towards Yoona's room. It's a normal connection between them.

"Yoona, wake up now, Auntie Ahn said you haven't
yet taken any meals since yesterday" Yuri said while knocking the door.

"Yoona, open the door, please" Yuri said for the second time.

"Aghhhh, I think I really need to do this" Yuri whispered.
Yuri get her hairpin from her hair, trying to unlock the door.

"That will not work, even if you try to open it a million times" Yoona shouted.

Just like the same scenario before, Yoona memorized all the things that Yuri does. And in the case, she knew that Yuri is trying to open the door with her hair pin like what Yuri did the last time - which didn't work.

"Please open the door" Yuri begged.

"I know this will help" Auntie Ahn showed the keys for the door.

"Auntie Ahn, why are you so late?" Yuri took the keys and opened the door.

"Yoona y-" Yuri looked so surprised as he eyes widened.
"Oh My.." Yuri whispered.

Yoona's room is messy, all the things are scattered around.
Yuri walked and sit beside Yoona, who is burying her head on her knees and said "Yoona, why a-"

"Why are you here, I told you I need to be a-" Yoona blurted out as she wanted to cut Yuri's words but she failed when Yuri shouted "Why are you doing this to yourself!"

Yoona formed tears again, which made Yuri pity her.
Yuri looked around and saw 2 bottles of beer on her bed.She get it by her hands and said "Look at this, do you think this things will help you! When did you start drinking this stuff! Do You know how many times I called you on the phone but you didn't answer! Do you know I cared so much and I w-"

"But I don't tell you to care for me" Yoona interrupted Yuri.

Yuri dropped the bottles and stood up. She felt bad after hearing Yoona's words.

"Uhm, maybe I didn't really need to care and to be with you because I don't have to" Yuri spoke. "Well I am just Kwon Yuri your best friend since we were young. And since we're now old enough, You don't need me, isn't it?" Yuri said

"If you don't mind I gotta go, I have lots of things to do than to be beside you, to help you, and to comfort you throughout your sorrows" Yuri said.

Yoona started to cry as she looked at Yuri. She felt guilty. She's guilty that her best friend cares for her through all these years and now she's pushing Yuri aside.

She's been there since they we're young. Just like her, if she already memorized all about Yuri's life, Yuri also knew all about her from top to toe, from outmost to inmost, to the deepest, lightest and the darkest things about her.

When she is hurt, Yuri is always there. Looking at Yuri crying because of her, it hurts a lot on her part.

"Yuri why are you so kind?" Yoona thought as tears run down her cheeks.

As Yuri is about to go out of the room, Yoona hold her arms and said "Yuri don't"

Yuri looked at her and said "You don't need me right? and besides you didn't tell me to care about you, so I have to leave"

Yoona hugged Yuri.
"Yuri...Yuri" Yoona cried. "Dont..uhmm.."

She took a breath and said "I am sorry"

"I am so sorry Yuri, I am so sorry" Yoona added.

Yuri broke the hug. She don't want to look at her eyes because her heart aches everytime she sees her puffy eyes and tired face showing the painful side of her.

"Why are you saying this?" Yuri said looking to the other way

"Yuri, I am so sorry, I know you cared for me everytime I felt so hurt" Yoona replied.

Yuri smiled and wiped Yoona's tears"You're so childish" She said.

"I am so sorry" Yoona hugged Yuri tight.

Yoona started the story all over again, and although Yuri can even memorize all the things she said, she never get tired of hearing those, to hear all of her ego, because she knows that's the only way to relive her stress, to release the pain even for a short period.

All she needs to do is to listen.

Im Yoona thought that Jaejoong is the one whom she can spend her lifetime with for he is perfect for her - but it turned out that Fate isn't going along with them. Yoona thought it would be the end of her world after Jaejoong came out of life after hearing the news that he will be marrying another girl matched for him as soon as possible. Kim Jaejoong is now in-charge of the family business and for him to save the company he needs to marry Lee Ayumi, the daughter of the owner of Lee Enterprise.

Yoona cried and cried as she buried her face in her pillows.
Yuri just continued to comfort her.Unknowingly Yuri already fell asleep beside Yoona. Yoona fell asleep too.

It's amazing how best friends have these connections too.
.
.
.
It's ten in the evening when she noticed the time.

"Oh my, It's late now" Yuri thought while looking at her wrist watch.

"Yuri" Yoona said.

"You're awake" Yuri responded.

To switch the mood, Yuri began to laugh and said "Am I silly?"

"Why?" Yoona asked.

"Why did you lock the door and didn't open it for me?" Yuri asked.

"Because I know that you'll try to open it with your hairpin, and I know you cannot open it again, just like before"

"Yoona, when did you start drinking these stuffs?" Yuri asked.

"Just last night, I vomitted a lot actually" Yoona said as she bowed her head.

"Neo Paboya! You started to drink and then you'll tell me that you vomited a lot? If you just invited me to drink with you, I can even teach you how to" Yuri joked.

"You also don't know how to" Yoona said

"Well I guess we could learn together, It's better than being alone" Yuri just make a fake smile.

The door opened and Auntie Ahn felt relieved when she saw Yuri talking with Yoona.

"Is your drama finished now" She said, holding a tray of food.

"Yes Auntie and also she won the best actress award" Yuri said while walking towards her.

"Well, here's the food,kindly give this to Yoona" Auntie Ahn asked for a favor.

"I am not her slave so I will not give her that" Yuri stuck out her tongue.

"Aissshhhh" Auntie Ahn said as she laughed.

Yuri took the tray and said "Fine Auntie, I know you have lots of things to do."

"Gomawo" Auntie Ahn mouthed. Yuri just winked on her.

"Best Drama actress, your food is here" Yuri shouted.

"Silly girl" Auntie said and walked out of the room. 
She also love Yuri and Kibum as well. Auntie Ahn knows that it's hard on Yoona's part being away from her parents, she even became a mother to Yoona, and she is thankful that Yoona got friends like Yuri and Kibum.

"Wow... but I like sushi's more" Yoona said in a soft voice while looking at the tray.

"Why? Is it because you tired of eating vegetables?" Yuri said.

"Yes"

"That's the punishment for you" Yuri said.Yoona pouted.
"Here" Yuri showed her lunch box.

"I am right! You will bring me sushis again!" Yoona said with a fake smile.

She did wants to look happy in front of her best friend. She doesn't want anyone to worry about her. Although there is a pain in the chest that she is feeling right now, she wanted to act normal, so her asthma won't trigger in any moment.

"Thanks to my mom" Yuri said.

"Yoona" Yuri said as she watched her eating.

"There are lots of boys out there, find someone better than him" Yuri said with sincere eyes.

"But you know how much I love Him" Yoona replied as she bring down her chopsticks.
Yuri knows Yoona is sincere, she really loves JaeJoong.

"Soon, you will find better than JaeJoong, and besides there is someone who loves you more than JaeJoong" Yuri said.

"Oh Gosh I nearly said 'him' " Yuri said to her mind while her eyes turned big.

"Who?" Yoona asked.

"Of course ME!" Yuri shouted. Definitely it was an excuse.

"Pabo" Yoona smiled. "Are you a BOY? Oh my, a lesbian either. Oh my y-"

"I am just joking! But I do really love you 'cause you are my best friend, and as I was saying, it's true that there are lots of fishes in the sea" Yuri cut her words.

"Thanks Yuri" Yoona added hiding her frown.

Yuri just smiled.

"If you only knew.. He loved you more than JaeJoong, It was also painful for him as well it pains him a lot when you cry, his heart ached whenever you're with him, and since we are young, he loved you and he can't stop loving you Yoona,I want him for you, I know he will not hurt you, I know he may be the best for you"
Yuri thought.

Yoona looked at Yuri who is preoccupied with her thoughts.

"What are you thinking?" Yoona asked.

"Nothing" Yuri replied.

"I think we need to fix all of your things, everything here is a mess" Yuri said.

"Yah, I think" Yoona smiled.

"So let's sleep now so tomorrow we can relax, you're tired, you need a rest" Yuri said convincingly.

"You better call your mom" Yoona laughed "She knows I am with my stubborn best friend" Yuri giggled.

Yoona nodded "fine, let's sleep"

Yoona turned back at Yuri and started holding back her tears as she is hiding the fact that she is crying.

Even when her eyes closed, her ears are still working. she isn't sleeping yet.Yuri can still feel that Yoona is still crying. Yuri can still feel the unbearable pain that Yoona is experiencing right now. She can still hear her breaths, the sound of her voice crying, sniffing, and she kept on moving her hands in wiping her tears. Yuri sighed.

"If you just could pass the pain and the hurt you feel to lessen your damage" Yuri thought.
.
.
.
.
.

Another dramatic day had passed.Yuri opened her eyes and saw Yoona starting to fix her things early this morning.

"It's too early" Yuri said.

"I really need to fix this early" Yoona replied while smiling.

"Silly girl, I know you, even though you smile at me, I know you're still hurt, your just trying to hide your feelings, but I can still see it" Yuri said to her mind.

"I'll help you" Yuri said.

They finished fixing and cleaning Yoona's room.

"Is this really your room Yoona? It's so clean huh!" Yuri said.

Yoona just smiled.

"Well, gotta go, My mom will find me" Yuri said.

"Wait" Yoona said.

"Our general cleaning is already finished, I have to go" Yuri said while fixing her things.

"Can you please stay" Yoona looked at her with her puffy eyes.

"I can't resist with those eyes, Okay I'll stay" Yuri said.

"Yes!" Yoona said, trying to sound happy.

"Nope" Yuri rolled her eyes "I will not stay because you didn't tell me to care about you, so I must leave" Yuri added bringing up the issue again.

"Yuri-ahhh!" Yoona pouted "I need to have a friend right now" She said.

"Okay, I'll stay" Yuri smiled.

Yuri entered the guest's room which happened to be her room at Yoona's house. Yoona's house is kinda big and it has 2 available guest's rooms which is sometimes owned by Yuri and Kibum. Being her best friends, Yoona allowed them to use the room when they come there for an overnight or even stay with her for some days or even weeks.

That's how close they are.

After taking a bath and fixing herself, she saw her phone and there are 35 missed calls from her phone.
She tried to open it but someone already called on the line.
She is also too busy caring about who is calling her, but when she heard the person's voice, her blood boiled up.

"Yoboseyo"
"Yuri it's me"
"JaeJoong?"
"Yeah, uhmmm please tell Yoon-"
"Where did you get your confidence to call me, do you know she's hurt because of you"
"I know, but you know how much I love her and I-"
"Why are you keep on explaining things like this?"
"Let me explain, I really don't want to hurt her but-"
"It's too late, you hurt her even before, you hurt her again and you'll keep on hurting her afterwards" 
"Yuri pl-"

Yuri hanged up the phone.

"That guy" She thought.

Yuri's phone is ringing again. As her mood heated up, she is too busy caring who'll be calling her at this point in time. Now that she is thinking that Jaejoong is calling her again she answered and said

"What the-,Hello, I told you I-"
"Yuri It's me KiBum" 
"Oh..opppss, sorry"

Yuri calmed down a bit after hearing Kibum's voice.

"So how is Yoona?"
"She's a little bit fine , but not..really"
"Ohh"
"Do you have plans today?"
"Why?"
"KiBum, can you go here, I need to talk to you"
"Why?"
"No more questions, I know you also want to see her"
"Okay, just tell her I will come"
"Okay"
"Bye"

KiBum hanged the phone.

"Yuri who are you talking at?" Yoona said while she opened the door.

"It's KiBum and he's coming over" Yuri replied.

"Oh, I don't want him to come here" Yoona said.

"Why?" Yuri asked

"Because he'll also be worried about me" Yoona said.

As if by cue, Auntie Ahn came and said
"Yoona! KiBum is here!"

"So fast, like lightning or flash?" Yuri said as she can't hide her smile.

Yoona sighed.
==============================================

 

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

I edited a lot and added some tiny bits of changes right? Thank you for reading. God Speed.

Love lots!

♥ShinHye